My life is the busiest right now….and not in a good way, either so excuse me for bein’ a bit behind on commenting and posting. I do have a little time to get up on 2 topics that my blog sistas Shawnta and Nywele (nap love!) tagged me on.
(1) MAC’s Strobe Cream: A hot pearly mess on this woman of color. And it’s too heavy on the face….AND it’s too much money and you don’t get enough product and I think it is just one unnecessary product (angry much?…hehe).
(2) Revlon eye shadows: Now I’m all for cheap but these colors are hardly pigmented. And the colors look a H.A.M. on….you guessed it—“this” woman of color.
(3) MAC Lipglasses: I know, I know….I purchase them, but the more I think about it, the less I like them. They aren’t any better than other lip products. In fact, I find them to be more drying and they stay on less longer than the cheaper brands. And I’m sure there are hella dupes. I just got “caught” up because it’s MAC. Towards the beginning of my blog, I vowed to never spend that much money on a lip product……ahem, 12 products later…
(4) Pantene Pro-V (in the gold bottle): You’re kidding me right? Sulfate-galore.
(5) NYC Nail polishes. They are super cheap but these bad boys come off in 1.5 days. And don’t even try to wash dishes. Chile please….
Now for the top 5 Beauty Crimes:
(1) I keep my mascara longer than 3 months…..and I don’t care either. Muahahahaaaa.
(2) I purchase products because of a collection but I know good and dern well I will probably never used them (ahem, Fafi Eyes 1).
(3) I let my finger nails get too long. I don’t even take the time to care for them the way that I should.
(4) I hardly wash my hair. Which is okay because I have a thicker texture but seriously….I can go 2-3 months without washing my hair and that’s just not cute. I mean, it doesn’t stink or anything—I’m just too lazy to wash it.
(5) I spend money I don’t have on cosmetics. The biggest crime of them all! I still can’t justify $10 on some eye shadow because that could be gas money, payin’ off a bit of a student loan, a gift for my Mother, shoot….something else “more” important.
Have you done any of these yet? Let me knowwww!! I don’t think I’m going to link anyone because I’m pretty sure most of done this already! I love these random question posts…..helps us get to know each other better. I’m a cornball, sing Kumbyah type yall, so don’t mind me.
Allure’s Beauty Spring Trends, part II comin’ soon so stay tuned!
Peace & sunshine