Let It Clump’s Debut!

| April 2, 2008 | 13 Comments

Welcome to Clumps of Mascara’s first post from the Let it Clump series. Let It Clumps posts are where we stop talking about make-up to explore other areas of beauty and beyond. That’s anything! Nails, hair, fashion, jacked up love lives..anything! Any suggestions? Let me know at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

Today’s post (and many posts in the near future since this is one of my newest obsessions) is about nails! I am obsessed with nail polishes. Not so much designs, but I absolutely adore beautiful nail colors and find that a lot of them compliment my skin tone. All Laquered Up, one of my favorite beauty blogs dedicated to all things nails, is one of my inspirations. I love wearing anything from neon green, orange, royal purple and black polishes on my nails and toes. Because I try to be a professional lady, I don’t walk around with these colors ALL the time, but that doesn’t stop me from buying them and at least sporting them on my toes.

Today’s creation came out of nowhere. I stumbled across my white finger nail polish from when I tried to keep up my French manicures. But now I think that French manicures on the nails are so played out. Hence my reason for trying to step outside of the box on this one.

Crazy, uh? And with a look like this, you just have to top it off with a big piece of costume jewelry. It’s madd fun!

And last weekend I had a getaway with the BFF and check out the colors on the tootsies.

That’s Coconut “somethin” from China Glaze and I loved it so much that I purchased it. Postin’ pictures of my toes is the first and rather awkward. LOL!

What do you think? My mascara is still clumping but I’m lookin’ fab in the finger/toenail department!

[Oh, and by the way....I'm headed to NYC tomorrow morning until Sunday so excuse the lack of posts. If you're in the NYC area...hit me up. Let's paaaarty! Have a fab weekend, everyone!]

Tags:

Category: Nails

1. D'lee Trecia says:

Did I tell you how much I like the new COM?

I hate colors on my nails. The only time I wear polishes are on my toes of course and when i get my nail done.

Yeah, I don’t think i’d be able to pot photos of my toes lol.. props for that.

Have fun in ny… I won’t even be there until Saturday morning….

2. Afrodite says:

I love the one black nail. That’s different, I never thought of doing that. I don’t really get into painting my nails too much. Proably because I’m lazy.

3. nywele says:

i love the nail color on your toes..so pretty! I am also too lazy to do my nails. Plus, I bite them which doesn’t help!!
    Any MAC favorite polishes? Their pink/fuschia colors are fab :)
    have fun in NY!

4. the Muse says:

hehe cute toesies :)

Loving the purple ;)

I’m loving the combo of the black and white nail varnish!

5. BeautyTalk says:

aw so cute. I avoided frenchies for a while, but decided to get one yesterday. A good ol’ classic feels good sometimes :)

6. slvrlips says:

Omg Brit! Just yesterday I was telling my co-worker how played the french manicure was and that she should try a new look by painting her ring finger a different color. Great minds think alike. Loving the nails and toes very nice colors
    Have a great time in NYC.

7. Anonymous says:

Tag your it! See my blog for details.
    My lil manicure I did on Sunday is still holding up. I decided on the lavender creme all over, but I might need to put glitter on one so I can be different just like Brit ;) LOL!

8. LBIC says:

The purple polish is so cute.

9. Virtuous Blue says:

Aw man, just when I go and remove my polish because of chipping, someone has to show out & sport some fly nails. K…I have officially been peer pressured…off to polish my nails I go lol

Kenya

10. Lakia says:

Love that color on your toes. Have fun in NYC.

11. atiyah9369 says:

You inspired me to do something similar with blue and white nail polish on my toes. Thanks for the idea!

12. Divine Blackness says:

Yall are the beeeeest!

13. yummy411 says:

BRIT look at those cute little toes! aww i just got an awesome pedi and you are gonna make me post a pic.. uhhh i’ll think about it LOL… i have on a shade that i don’t know the color so taking a pic is the only way to show, describe or even find the product~