Brown and Blushin’ Series: Berry/Plum Swatches

| May 31, 2008 | 24 Comments

Yaaaaay, time for another edition of Brown & Blushin’.

*keys theme music*

A lot of you gals were interested in berry/plum blushes. I’m not even going to sit here and front like I own such. I’m a total newb when it comes to those colors. So what did I have to do? Hit up my sis, Jessica from paix all around. She has provided us with some gorgeous blush shots and even swatched them. I know she can’t wait to show us the FOTDs either, uh? Hehehe….love you Jess.

The colors are as follows (they are all from MAC):
(l-r) Ambering Rose, Breezy, Lovecrush (discontinued), Fever, Frame (discontinued), Flirt & Tease

Feenin’ yet?

Wait…

Yall remember that song?

Oh my fault….had a New Jack swing moment. Let the show continue.

Beautiful, uh? I am definitely diggin’ that Lovecrush. And of course. It would be discontinued. No worries….I’m on my mission to find a beautiful berry blush for my brown skin. Say THAT 10x fast. So uhhh….I’m pretty much in love with berry blushes for now. What you gals say? Any recs?

And for this post’s Brown & Blushin’ Beauty…we have the lovely Danyelle rockin’ the MAC’s Breezy Blush. My girl is all shy about having me post her pictures and I don’t know why because she is gorgeous!!

CHEEKS:
Breezy- sheertone shimmer blush MAC; brush from CVS by Essence of Beauty
MSF Light Flush MAC

Killer brows, uh? And her skin IS that pretty in person. Chiiiile, I’m gon get there one day.
Don’t forget…..you can send your blush photos and submissions to me at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com. And thanks to all of you beauty bloggers for their contributions to this series. It has definitely been a collaborative effort and you gals have been so wonderful at supporting me. *tear* Love yall!

Stay beautiful loves!

[image courtesy: amazon.com]

Tags: , ,

Category: Brown & Blushin'

1. D'lee Trecia says:

I don’t think I can play around with berry/plums… Can’t wait to hear how it goes for you.

She is just gorgeous, i don’t understand the shyness!!!! feeling the brows too… umm whats the skin secret i wonder???

2. D'lee Trecia says:

3. D'lee Trecia says:

4. D'lee Trecia says:

5. D'lee Trecia says:

6. What would you like my name to be? says:

yes, do share the skin secret! =)

7. slvrlips says:

I’m so jealous I wanted lovecrush so bad Damn lol
    Your blushing beauty of the week looks fabulous and I’m loving the blush on her
    Thanks for sharing

8. Nicole says:

Love your blog, especially this series. One of my fave MAC blushes is Brit Wit. Its described as a dirty plum. This blushcreme looks FAB on women of all skintones, but I’ve noticed that darker skinned beauties look especially gorgeous!

9. GS says:

You´ve already say what I´m gonna say but, her brows are SO nice, I wish I had my brows like that, the shape is perfect, she do that herself or goes to a profesional?

10. yummy411 says:

danyelle is gorg!!! shy about her pics?! great skin and fierce flawless brows honey!! oh and lightflush is a dream on all skintones!

11. Twinkle Twinkle says:

She does have great brows! And don’t worry, I will make it one of my missions to find you a dupe of Lovecrush, or maybe there is a Lovecrush floating around that we can locate. Let the search begin.

12. juvenescent says:

She’s beautimous. Her brows are to die for.

I wish I could do berry and plum tones without looking gray and weird.

13. SoDivine says:

Lovecrush is gorgeous and thankfully still available here in Europe!!! I’m buying backups just in case….Bobbi has some lovely berry blushes too….Cranberry is my fave! Try that, not far off Lovecrush.

14. BeautyTalk says:

Oh, she has such flawless skin! I keep forgetting to send you a picture of me wearing my favorite blush. I’ll make sure to do that soon!

15. Mykeshia says:

I’m so jealous of her. I’m never sending in a photo, she has set the standard way to high!

Keep up the great blogging I love seeing what you have to say.

16. nywele says:

YAY to brown and blushing series!
    I love ambering rose!! now , i have to try all these new shades Jess recommended :)

17. SuzieC says:

Danyelle is simply beautiful and the blush looks great! In fact her whole look is nice!

18. Virtuous Blue says:

WOW…her skin…I’m speechless…If I had skin like that I’d be unstoppable…lol…Kenya and I are going to get on sending our blushing beauty pics. This post was just fabulous.

Teneasha

19. Danyelle says:

Awww, thanks Brit & gals for the compliments! I have no skin secrets :)I just use Aveeno clear complexion products, Oxy pads, and Mederma gel everyday, twice a day. A little concealer and foundation (studio fix concealer, MSF Loose found.) goes a long way too :)

GS: I get them waxed by a pro, non-nail shop variety, about once a month so they dont get too thin

Looking forward to a plum blush COTD (cheek-of-the-day) from you Brit….Love ya ;)

20. Dee says:

I’m lovecrushed that Lovecrush is no longer available! I love these blush posts as I am just now getting over my blush-phobia. Danyelle, you are gorgeous!

21. Hijabi Apprentice says:

danyelle is so pretty! love the blush she’s rocking. i think i will have to pick it up :).

22. PBW says:

Gorgeous!!! Danyelle, you’re make-up is light, pretty and just perfect!

Wow!

Divine B. as a child of the 70s I have to say your new design is “right on, baby!”

23. Hijabi Apprentice says:

Okay thanks to you and I just made my first eBay purchase :). I just bought LoveCrush :) and I think I’ll go to Nordy’s today and get Breezy.

24. Stefanie says:

I have Lovecrush. It’s discontinued? Dang, I guess I better continue rationing out my wears.