I can’t say how proud I am of this blog. The support, the love, the interaction, the success….it has all been overwhelming and came out of nowhere! Seriously, I started this blog just to merely showcase my horrific make-up skills. I would have never thought that it would turn into all of this. I am elated.
And I have to thank you readers, the most. A blog is NOTHING without supporters. I still think it’s crazy that people care about what I say or feel so inclined to comment on my pictures. My induction into two wonderful Beauty networks has made my pride for this site just go up!
….now before I start with the cyber-tears, let’s review Clumps of Mascara’s top 5 moments.
- The Parrot Eye: This look started my obsession with bright colored make-up. I didn’t really start toning it down until months later. I spent HOURS blending to achieve the perfect parrot eye.
- Face Art: Living in LA had crazy inspiration. I spent a ton of time playing around with Face Art. Especially after MAC debuted those crazy hot Halloween face charts.
- The Tragedy: Ahhh, the infamous brow incident. This experience had me coverin’ my brows for at least a month straight. I wasn’t even inspired to do much make-up because I didn’t even like looking at my face because of those frightful brows. Dramatic, I know.
- The post that put Clumps of Mascara on the beauty map: This one gave the blog so much fame and fanfare that I felt like a online celebrity for at least 2 weeks. Bringing in 51 comments and being featured on big name beauty sites made me realize how far I wanted to take Clumps of Mascara.
- It’s Official-The introduction to Clumps of Mascara–the dot-com site. This post is what started the series, networking with you other beauty bloggers and all of those creative features that make Clumps all unique ‘n stuff.
So yeah….check out those special moments. If you’re up for some good laughs check out some of the first few FOTDs that I did. Boy, did I come a loooong way. And you, my faithful readers have been there for the ride.
Hang on as we make Clumps of Mascara a revolution!!!
Oh….and what a wonderful anniversary gift! Toya from Life of a Ladybug has featured me as Beauty Blogger of Color. Check me out here!
[picture source: mysketch.com]