Smithsonian. Hmm….. S!!
Let’s feature beauty and fashion blogs that begin with the letter “S“.
Do you feel like you’re watchin’ Sesame Street yet?
- Scandalous Beauty: Awww, my girl, Erin. I love her! She was one of the first Black beauty blogs that I read. If Clumps of Mascara had a sister, it would be Scandalous Beauty. Her expertise and experience taught me a lot and I’ve pretty much watched all of her YouTube vids. Seriously, if you are stuck with trying to figure out how to complete a look, want to know how pinks look on darker skin or annoyed with your natural hair, check out Erin’s videos. I love how she connects with her readers and has that “she could be my friend” aurora that somehow shines from the internet. Plus, we are hair twins! Yay for the Scandalous Beauty movement!!
- Shake Your Beauty: All hail one of the vanguards of Black beauty blogs; well, at least to me. Tia Williams isn’t only a blogger, but a published author as well. She gets mad respect from me! She features product reviews for Black women and her humor is just delightful.
- Silver Lips Beauty & Musiq Haven: Another Brown skinned beauty blogger with beautiful techniques and reviews. I love blogs that have cute little features SlvrLips’ doesn’t stop with dazzling us with her fabulous blending skills…but she takes it a step further and introduces us to the hottest new tunes. Loves it!
- Specktra Beauty Blog: I’m really a fan of Specktra the site more so than the actual blog. And if you’ve never visited or had a short obsession with Specktra.net, I really don’t know how you are livin’. However, what I do like about the blog is the up-to-date pieces of information we can get from them about upcoming collections and lines. Get your sneak peek and swatches of MAC Collections that haven’t even been released yet. It’s so overwhelming that you start making a list of what you want before even seeing the actual products. It’s a sickness, I swear.
- Stephienese: I just adore this little lady here. I remember discovering her blog around the same time I discovered Specktra. Her skills are fierce! I remember lemming over every product she purchased. Get it, Stephie!
I’m off to Miami this weekend, lovelies. Which unfortunately means I won’t be able to update. But no worries….next week I will be sure to crank out the posts. You can look forward to the following:
How do they hold up for the napptural sistas?
-Sunscreen for Women of Color (and a giveaway hosted by Palmer’s)
-Brown & Blushin’. Cheap and beautiful drugstore finds.
-But Black Women Can’t Series (pinks anyone?
Submit your photos to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com)
-Of course Mascara Monday
…and some more thangs.
Enjoy the weekend!! And as always, you can email me.
My new Blackberry has me crazy excited to do every little thing.