FOTD Friday: Work-safe Pop!

| September 26, 2008 | 17 Comments

Happy Friday, lovelies! This FOTD is also a step-by-step quick tutorial for those of us that have to get up at the crack of dawn to head to work. With my new “waking up at 5:30 a.m. to head to gym” schedule, I reaaaally can’t afford to spend more than 10 minutes on my face. Granted I don’t do more than a little shadow, liner and cheek action anyway, but now that my time is REALLY limited, I have to be polished but sporting a look that is work-safe as well.

But fiiiiirst, let me tell you what I used:

EYES:
Cargo Medium Bronzer
NYX Sapphire Eye Pencil (waterline)
MAC Rave Pearlglide Eyeliner
Maybelline XXL Exensions mascara (OMG, seriously the BEST mascara EVEEEER!)

CHEEKS:
L’Oreal HIP blendable blushing creme in Blushing

LIPS:
Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss

A look like this is great for me because it is quick but gives me a nice POP of color that is work-appropriate. This is great for anyone!

First I applied NYX eyeliner on the waterline. This navy blue is beautiful and is subtle but still pretty noticeable up close. Now whether it will stay on all day is another story.

Using a regular eye shadow brush (how I love Target’s Studio Tools brushes) I scooped up just a bit of Cargo’s bronzer. Yes! Try a bronzer as a lid color. I actually use this one alllll the time. Thanks Amina!

What’s great about this bronzer is that it moves around on the lid beautifully so working it up above the crease is easy. I find that it blends well enough on my complexion that I don’t even need a crease color. Not that I’d have the time to add one anyway. So I use a fluffy brush and blend it up.

Next, I added MAC’s Rave Pearlglide Liner in Rave. These pretty pencils came out in one of MAC’s newest collections, Suite Array. They are smooth and pigmented and have just enough sparkle to give the lids a little pop. I kinda want another one of the pencils; Bankroll. But spending $14.50 on a liner is a tad bit ludicrous. I can do it once, but twice? Yes, I’m frugal and ain’t shame! Haaaa, we digress….

And to give the eyes even more POW, I used a lengthening mascara i.e. the best mascara EVER!!! And I’m not exagerrating. Maybelline’s newest is wonderfuuuuul. Check out the review for the next Mascara Monday.

….and the final look!

…I’m not wearing blush in these pictures. In fact I don’t have anything on the face at all. And for whatever reason I having a mild breakout. Yikes!

…me and my BFF!

Okay peoples, so what do you think? Do you have any quick work-safe looks? Tell me about ‘em! And have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Tags: ,

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Askmewhats says:

For work, I’ll definitely go for eyeliner and a simple brown e/s!!! You look HOT!!!!! I need to grab some colored liners!!!

2. LovelyBella73 says:

I’m thinking I need to grab some colored liner as well. And, I love the idea of using the bronzer on the lid.

3. PBW says:

I’m not waiting until Monday. I’m going to get that mascara today!

4. slvrlips says:

Very easy and chic look!Prettiful! Now I have to have that mascara! Can’t wait til read your review on Monday but, like PBW I’m getting the mascara today lol :)

5. Sass says:

i love that maybelline xxl..u put me on to that! it is theee best!

6. My Fashion Frenzy says:

That’s it! I am officially “hatin” on you. Your talent is amazing woman. xx

7. yummy411 says:

i’m having my maybelline xxl for lunch! watch for the $2 coupon folks! i’ll compare notes on monday when i read your review..

i love bronzer in the crease- a hint of color with the slightest shimmer. i’ve been doing that for my “under 10 min” look. it helps to multitask with products! like my concealer– a brow highlight, e/s base, lid color …and what it really is.. a concealer LOL

now if you bought a liner, i’ll def be checking them out!

8. Product Junkie Diva says:

You look great. My work safe look includes lip gloss and mascara….thats on a good day. usually its just lip gloss.lol
    Have a great weekend.
    PJD

9. Wes says:

I still can’t get over your morning gym routine! Go ‘head girl… I’ve attempted that several times and can’t seem to get outta bed early enough :-(

10. Dominican Enigma says:

You are amazing with your morning gym routine. You look hot here mama!

11. Danyelle says:

Definatley a good look. I don’t know about that no foundation thing, my skin isn’t as glowy as yours, plus this mild breakout is killing my face….

12. gio says:

This is very pretty! I love the idea of using bronzer on the lid.

13. B says:

Nikki–> Thanks mama. I looove liners. You seem like the make-up guru who would have a lot!

LB–> Yes ma'am…get it! And bronzers on the lid are heaven.

PBW–> LOL, Auntie, you are a messs!! I love youuu!

SlvrLips–> Girl, you won't be disappointed!!

Sass–> Don't get me to preachin' up in here about XXL. It is ridiculous!

Fashion Frenzy–> LOL, aww…no, I'm definitely no pro. My skills are so so but my wardrobe is…*looks down*

Yums–> You so funny!!

PJD–> Simple and sweet. Loves it!

Wes–> Giiiiirl, I've only been doing it for a week so we'll see how long I can last. Haha.

DE–> Thank youuu, lovely!

Dany–> Girl please, your skin is gorgeoooous. My break-out is startin' to go away. Thank the Lord!

Gio–> Thanks! Try it, I think you'll like it!

14. SuzieC says:

Very pretty and simple!! This is my go to routine!

15. yummy411 says:

heyyy i just noticed… did you use your mascara on your bottom lashes?? they are looking lush and long….

16. Danielle says:

I’m not a fan of the Maybeline XXL but your eyes look great!! They really pop but its not overkill. I must take myself makeup shopping to get that Cargo.

17. Fashion's Darling says:

sry for being MIA..school is crazy at the mo

I love this look…this is somewhat like my everyday look minues the bronzer on the lid. And I use black for everything

ha