Sista Show Off: Nail Polish Blogs

| November 4, 2008 | 18 Comments

It’s no surprise that I have a slight obsession with nail polish. I always manage to slide in a NOTD (nail of the day) or drop the skinny on nail polish collections that catch my eye. Perhaps nail polish and designs are more attractive to me because of the boredom I have been feeling with make-up collections lately. My “slight obsession” with polish is virtually a lifestyle for some ladies out in the blogosphere. Just when I thought that beauty bloggin’ was where it’s at I stumbled across some fantabulous nail polish blogs. “Oh! Em! Gee!” Check out my favorites!

Scrangie

I looove Scrangie’s blog. Just the other day I spent about an hour looking at her archived posts and kept “Ohh-ing” and “Ahh-ing” at everything. Scrangie keeps you up to date with all things nail-related. Designs, looks, newly released collections, colors, finishes, requests? The good ole’ Scrange has it all. Warning…spend more than 5 minutes on her site and you will be coveting quite a bit.

The Nailphile

Talk about crazy close-ups and beautiful nail beds. In my dreams, I would be able to sport nails this long. The Nailphile is one of my favorite nail blogs because I just love the intensity of the colors she swatches. Just beautiful!

The Polish Addict

More beautiful swatches and fabulous designs! Can’t get enough of this site. I blame her for cyber-making me order that bulk of Misa polishes. And she endorses Obama? Heyyyy!!!

I have these blogs and more in my Google Reader. I’ve been running into so many great nail blogs that I’ve created a blog roll over there to the left of my page.

Check out the looks I’ve been sporting lately…

NYC’s Moten Metal
DESIGN: O.P.I.’s Take Me to the Taj Mahal
and Sally Hansen’s Alchemy

O.P.I’s That’s Berry Daring some
DESIGN: random black and white polishes

O.P.I’s Take Me To the Taj Mahal

I’m finding myself incorporating some funky design to each look I do. While I am currently rocking the latter I can not WAIT until my order of Zoya polishes from the Flourish Winter 08 collection come in. Formaldehyde and DPB free polishes? Yea mon!

Polish pretty!

….and while I’ve officially endorsed Barack Obama a loooong time ago I can’t express to you, my blog family, how excited/nervous/scared/thrilled/proud I am about today. I doubt I will get a wink of sleep tonight. We are watching history and I’m glad to have been able to experience some of it through Clumps of Mascara. Thank you to my readers, fellow bloggers and all of those beauty companiesgetting folx to vote. This election has been more than politics for me. This is a dream that I hope will become reality tomorrow. Enough of the yadda yah! I’ve Ba’Racked the vote and leavin’ the rest up to God.

My Election Day 2008 Reflections Video:

Stay beautiful, fam!!

Tags:

Category: Nails, Sista Show-Off

1. Askmewhats says:

thanks sistah! you know how much I love nail polishes and art! and these sites are great! :D Thanks

2. ShanSoPink says:

yay! I love that you been trying out designs!

3. floral decor says:

i love the art and the color combinations!

4. Nicole says:

Gorgeous manis! Yay for Ba’racking the vote! We vote by mail in Oregon (kinda nice, but I’ve always wanted to go to a voting booth) so I mailed mine off basically the day I got my ballot, a week and a half ago. I COULD NOT WAIT to get my vote in.

SO EXCITED for tomorrow.

Oh, and I don’t know if you saw it today, but the little speech Obama gave about his Grandma passing made me cry…so beautiful.

5. prettybeautiful says:

nails for the win! now i have been surfing quite some nail blogs too for inspirations :D

6. Kristin says:

you have the prettiest, cleanest looking nails, ever!!! I love the polish colors.

7. B says:

Nikki–> You are the inspiration, my dear!

Shan–> Thaaaanks. I've been tryin', chile.

FD–> Thanks!!

Nicole–> Alright sista! Ba'Rack on! I haven't seen that speech but I would be tearin' up something crazy.

PB–> Thank you, lovely!

Kristin–> Thaaaanks!

8. Product Junkie Diva says:

I know you love your polish and they look great. You are really good at these designs.
    PJD

9. Alyssia says:

I follow all of those blogs…and that pink, blk and white mani is right up my alley! Love this post!

10. Katee says:

Those are some of my favorites!! Wow I also just noticed the link to my site. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll!

11. koffee Dyme says:

Nail polish sure is bigger then I thought. I seem to have “boys” finger nail so.. I didn’t develop that nail polish oppression.

12. yummy411 says:

this is one of my other fav blogs http://misamasa.blogspot.com/–sorry to lazy for html links right now.

i’m so loving molten metal right now. it might be a round two! i hardly ever do two times, cuz i try to wear all of my polishes…

13. Missy says:

I’m so glad that you got to vote and you’re right…your vote still counts even though it’s absentee. OMG!!! You are so naturally pretty. Everybody can’t be all up in the camera in the AM and still look fly!

14. Steph says:

Molten Metal is just fab, isn’t it?! Those are some of my favorite blogs including all lacquered up! I’m a total np junkie :)

15. nikkibee says:

your nails and nail color choices are always so beautiful….but pleeeaaaaase share more nail care tips, especially how to strengthen, shape correctly to fit nail bed and other healthy products!!!!! thanks :)

16. Anonymous says:

check out http://www.kissmypinky.com for authentic Konad Stamping Nail Art! use code "bluepearl"to receive a %10 discount on all orders of $20 and above!enjoy~!

17. Brown Suga says:

Thank you so much for sharing this nail blog post. I have become absolutely obsessed with polishes and nail art and love to look at different blogs for nail inspiration. I'm certain I'll be spending countless hours scouring these pages.

18. Anonymous says:

Ricky’s NYC has a lot of affordable name-brand makeup available in store and on their website (www.rickysnyc.com), including their exclusive makeup line called Mattese Elite. It’s definitely worth checking out if you’re interested.