Amor de Lacquer: OPI’s Can You Dig It?

| December 30, 2008 | 18 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

My Step-Mom has created a little tradition for the ladies of my blended family. Every “day after Christmas” for the past few years my 3 younger sisters and I have been treated to spa pedicures and manicures.

Since I’ve been all about self-nail care, I haven’t had a manicure and pedicure in a salon in months! I’ve gotten so good at doing them once a week at home that I don’t even bother with the spending the money getting them done elsewhere.

It took me forever to select a polish. And then it called my name.

Check out OPI’s Can You Dig It? from their Psychedelic Summer 07 collection.

I’m a little upset that the nail technician filed my nails so short. Ugh! They will take forever to grow back. Katee, I’m feelin’ your pain, sister. The nail technician did 2 coats and topped it off with a basic top coat. Words can not express how much I love this purple! Actually, I have an affinity for purple polishes…

…and that’s not even the half of ‘em.

Back to the topic at hand. Here’s Can You Dig It? sans the flash…

Of course I had to cop it for myself. Head2ToeBeauty.com, my #1 polish e-tailer has it here and I’m getting it for only $4.75. *does the bankhead bounce*.

Loves it! What are you rockin’ on your tips at the moment? Can you get down with purple polishes or not so much? Tell me!!

Stay beautiful,

Tags: ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. Askmewhats says:

Yay for rockin’ the purples I love purple nail polishes!!! And I love your collection!!!

2. My Fashion Frenzy says:

Lovin’ the purple color girl ;)

3. Alyssia says:

hey girlie! i soo need to polish my nails..i’m not even feelin myself right now…me with no polish!?!

But thats a really pretty purple….guess I’ll be digging into my “untrieds” tonite..u have motivated me =.)

4. Miss Pretty says:

Im rocking acrylics right now with star cut outs in the tips.

5. Fashion's Darling says:

yay for purple once again! haha

this is gonna freak you out (ok not really) but I’m wearing that color right now! that’s one of 3 OPI nail polishes I own lol. I also have a nude colored one and Strawberry Fields also from the Psychedelic Summer 07 collection.

6. The Home Spa Goddess says:

I’m all about nails now too! That color is great:)

Happy New Year to you:) I hope you have a beauty -full 2009!

7. flan_tastic says:

hey! I love your amor de lacquer posts because I’m so bad with my nails and I’m trying to get better!

I have this problem though; I can’t get my nail polish to last even a day! I use a basecoat and topcoat (I have zoya, which they used last time I went to a solon and it lasted longer than any mani I’ve ever had), and it still doesn’t help. I put my polish on in the evening, and by the next evening, I can already see the tips of my white nails peeking through the top – and my the next day, they’re totally cracking. This happens will any polish I try – OPI, Zoya, as well as drugstore brands.
    Got any tips?

thanks!

8. yummy411 says:

great purple. since you are a purple lover like me, what’s your fave purple of ’08? even though i don’t have it, zoya’s zara is so funky to me! i love it!

9. yummy411 says:

oh and the emerald sparkle is dying a slow death and i’m not sure what’s bling tastic enough for the new year. i think i will do ruby red pumps followed by my gunmetal gray… finally!… revlon’s steel her heart.

10. FrostedCouture says:

i don’t usually like purples but i LOVE that color! i’m loving my revlon colorstay nail polish in always cool. a frosty pearl color.

11. rmcandlelight says:

You have a beautiful collection of purples. I’m really getting into taking care of my nails and loving nail polishes. Right now I am wearing china glaze ruby pumps on my nails and opi’s lincoln park after dark on the tozees.

I did a test when I was wearing opi’s lincoln park after dark I used seche vite as a top coat. I could not believe I did not get a chip until the 5th day. I was sooooo happy. 5 days is long enough for me. Now I’m testing the ruby pumps going on 2 days so far no chips. Yippee!!!

12. rmcandlelight says:

Oh, Your nails looks sooo lovely. Doesn’t look like too much was taken off the length.

Just want to share I have been using Badger cuticle care (got it at chamberlain’)on my cuticles. I’m loving this it contains shea butter, evoo, geranium, ginger, rosemary and lemongrass.

I think today is the last day Sally’s is having a sale buy seche vite top coat and get a china glaze nailpolish freeeeee!!!

13. Beauty 365 says:

ooh – that purple looks fab! i have a similar color on my toes — so fun :)

14. YoungBlackBeauty says:

I LOOOOVE the purple!

I still rocking this cute hot pink color! I love it against my skin!

15. The Q says:

Love your blog. Love the purple polish on you. Here’s a great vid I found that has tips on how to apply nail art at home. http://www.salonhive.com/videos/video/179/How-to-Do-Nail-Art-Designs–How-to-Apply-Nail-Polish-for-Na

16. Katee "e-polishblog" says:

Your nails look fab!! I don’t think they look too short at all. But trust me, I know how you feel.

17. Tashina says:

Purple is my absolute favorite color, period. For a while I felt uncomfortable wearing it on my nails but I got over it quickly. Me like that OPI shade. :-P

18. Tysh says: