Amor de Lacquer: Soft Cremes

| December 9, 2008 | 21 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

Lately I’ve been toning it down it down in the nail polish area. I had fun with my reds and dark purples but I’ve always felt that my nails just looked BETTER with a nice coat of regular ole’ off pink polish. I love using polishes that you would normally use with a french manicure over my entire nail. My nails look healthier, more professional and I feel like such a lady.

Check out one of my top 20 favorite polishes ever:

N.Y.C.’s Love Letters

Seriously…I will probably get married in this color. You won’t catch this Bridezilla at a nail salon a few days before her wedding. Oh noooo. Just grab me a bottle of this beautiful off pink creme and I will polish my own nails a few hours before the ceremony.

My only issue with Love Letters is that it doesn’t last for nothin’. The ONLY top coat that I have found that works well with Love Letters is Seche Vite. And if I don’t use that…the polish will literally be chipping after only a few hours.

I had to use 4 coats to get the look I was trying to achieve and in this photo I was rocking Love Letters for 2 days. I love love loooove you, Love Letters. For less than $2, you will always have a permanent spot in my nail polish collection. You can snag this polish and more from N.Y.C. Color Cosmetics at Target, Wal-Mart and drugstores. Okay, one more glaze at Love Letters. Doesn’t this polish make my nails look like they were done by a professional? Loves it!

…but wait—this color, I think, has a muted gray/tan color.

Check out Essie’s Great Expectations

I needed a good 4 coats for this one too but I just love it. So simple.

I’ve got enough crazy colors in my nail polish stash but soft cremes will always have a special place in my heart. Do you have any favorites? Tell me!!

Stay beautiful,

Tags:

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. Askmewhats says:

wow, come to think of it, I haven’t used soft cream colored polish ! I should!!! :) Thanks for the lovely nails! They all look so pretty!

2. Shefali says:

Very pretty! I love Essie’s Ballet Slippers. Check it out!

3. GS says:

Hey girl!!

The NYC color looks SO gorgeous on you!

4. Kristin says:

okay i’m SOLD! I love the “love letters” on you!! I’m going to see if i can find it tomorrow! LOVE this series, Ms. B.

5. B says:

Nikki–> Whaat, you haven't? But you're the Queen on polishes. You need to snag some, missy!

Shefali–> Thanks! I will check that out. Essie permanent line is mostly of soft colors so when I'm in need of a good one, I usually turn to them. :)

GS–> Thanks mama!

Kristin–> I'm telling you, you will loooove this color, sis. It's just so simple. And so cheap! LOL, good luck finding it. Let me know how it works for you. :)

6. yummy411 says:

very chic! i love it! which is why i tend to wear those colors on my toes in the summer and let my hands do all the experimenting with color.

7. Katee "e-polishblog" says:

You are right – soft pink shades look great on you!

8. Mrs.Young_fashion says:

I am going to have to agree with you. When the spring time comes I stay in the nude colors, from nude pink to nude brown, they are beautiful that time of year. Presently I have Avalon’s Apricot and Sheer Nude and they give me my little fix when I need it.

Those colors look great on you.

9. Product Junkie Diva says:

The color looks nice on you. I can always rock a berry colored polish. I love dark colors but not necessarily black. Did you do a post on black polish? Maybe I missed it but perhaps you can show how to rock black without looking goth.
    I also like dark purples…..
    PJD

10. Danyelle says:

Those pinks are soo cute, loves it! You know I love me some baby pink cremes too, lol. 4 coats though?? You’ve got some major patience gurl because my max is 3 coats, ha!

11. SuzieC says:

That NYC is such a beautiful color! I haven’t worn a creme since the summer. I do love the lighter colors but I save them for spring and summer when I want to get dainty lady on. Fall is my vamp time. Love the Essie! I may break out a light color…

12. Fashion's Darling says:

ahh…me and soft color pinks do not work. It always ends up looking ghostly or terribly pale..or it could just be my fixation on dark colors.

PS: LOVE the Hello Kitty! lol

13. B says:

Yums–> Okay, I'm like sooo the other way around. The light colors on the nails and crazy colors on the toes. HA! Folx at my job have been giving me the side eye so I've had to tone it down a bit.

Katee–> Thanks pretty!

Mrs. Young_Fashion–> Thanks! Soft cremes are perfect during the spring time. Looks like I brought them out a little early.

PJD–> Giiiiirl, I looooove PURPLES! All variations of purple nail polishes are my favorite. I found the PERFECT dark purple but not black from Essie and can't wait to showcase it for you. You will WANT to get it.

Dany–> That's riiiight. When I saw you, you were rockin' the soft pink. Hmmm, perhaps you were my motivation. Remember the word of the weekend? LMAO!

Suzie–> Yeahhh, sometimes you gotta switch it up. Dark polishes an get old if that's all you use all the time.

FD–> Now you know you need to stop. We are close to the same complexion. IF I can rock them you can too, missy! ;)

14. Starry x2 night says:

Wow, that NYC color is gorgeous! Too bad about the chipping though. :/

You have such pretty nails! I wish I could get mine to look like that!

15. Alyssia says:

i love colors like this but i always have trouble with application! Talk about a streaky HAM!

16. FrostedCouture says:

I have Love Letters too!!! I love the color. I agree, it doesn’t last long. I can get 4 days tops with it.

17. thepegster says:

i highly recommend essie’s ballet slippers. i wore this color on my toes all summer and had to go back to it this past saturday i am that addicted!yes, it is freezing cold in chicago but my toes look great!

18. rmcandlelight says:

I to love nude color polishes. They are so much easier to apply. I’m just trying to get into colored polishes. I did purchase the china glaze/for audrey and used orly bonder as a base coat, then applied a coat of nailtech then 2 applications of for audrey and top coat of seche vite and so far 2 days with no chips. I’m so amazed.

19. glennishamorgan says:

I love that color very simple and elegant

20. prettybeautiful says:

i love love love the colors!! so creamy and sweet!

21. kendy says:

There are several types of nail enhancements, if you are a complete beginner and willing to learn how to apply different kinds of gel nails then, here is the right place for you to get what all you need to know about variety of gel nails such as uv gel, uv metallic gel, nail polish and many more. The latest gel nail technology will provide you with some amazing tips and techniques which you have never experienced before.