Amor de Lacquer: You can grow long nails!

| December 16, 2008 | 8 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

I didn’t plan this post but I just had to share some posts that 2 of my favorite nail bloggers have done. Polishing your nails is one thing but taking care of them so that they grow nice and long (if that is your preference) is another thing.

• Steph over at Nail Juice was a chronic nail biter for 17 years and now you can’t even tell! She drops some tips on how you can keep your nails growing long…and beautiful like hers.
  • I would have never thought that Katee at E-Polishblog ever had shorter nails, but she did! She too drops some tips (including my favorite: wear rubber gloves when cleaning) on how you can go from little nubbies to longer and more beautiful nails.

What kind of nails are you rocking? Short? Long and witch like? Acrylic? Non-existent? Tell me! I’ve always had freakishly long nail beds that are pretty sturdy so that’s one gene that I thank the parentals for.

And you know that no post is complete without a NOTD (nail of the day).

China Glaze’s Romantique collection doesn’t come out until January of 2009 and I really had no intentions of snagging anything from it until I saw Katee’s swatches. I ordered Harmony and Joy and here is the beauty that is Joy.

It only took 2 coats from this metallic iced grape color to come out perfectly. I topped it off with Seche Vite top coat and it lasted for a good 2 days. It looks a little bling-y inside but outside it is more subdued and just perfect.

What do you think about this color? Not your style? A must have?

Polish Pretty,

Tags: , , ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. Product Junkie Diva says:

I like the color B. I also like that tip on wearing gloves while cleaning. Those checmicals can wear your hands out!
    PJD

2. Marsadie says:

Ooh! You always have great ideas for series, just another reason for us to tune in :)

My nail beds are similar to yours: long. My nails aren't extremely resilient but wearing rubber gloves is a great idea, along with taking vitamins daily. Vitamins are crucial to nail, hair, and skin health and make everything shine/grow faster.

♥

3. Katee "e-polishblog" says:

Thanks for the love ;) You are right – you do have freakishly long nail beds! In a good way! I wish my nail beds were longer like yours. Joy looks fabulous on you!

xoxo,
    Katee

4. Krystal says:

growing nails has never been a problem for me, but i prefer to keep them short because i wear contacts. well i love purple, so i love this! lol. i love the metallic effect to it. i may have to get this, because i don’t have a purple in my collection like this!

5. SuzieC says:

Those tips were great! Crystal nail files are the truth! How did I live for so long without one.

6. Mrs.Young_fashion says:

Growing nails is something that I’ve been trying since high school, I stopped wearing tips and my nails ended up growing to a particular point then started breaking, hopefully these tips help me out of this bind.

*I wish I had your nail beds*, I wouldn’t have to grow my nails that long.

7. B says:

PJD–> Thanks love. And yesss, wearing gloves is a must! I've just recently started to do this and I can tell the difference in my nails/hands already.

Marsadie–> My series are for yall. :) Most of them were requested by readers. Ain't that somethin'? And you are so right. I take daily vitamins every single day. So important for healthy and strong hair/nails.

Katee–> Your nail beds certainly look long to me, missy. I love your nails!!

Krystal–> Okay, having short nails b/c of contacts makes so much sense. I don't wear them but I couldn't imagine having to put them in with looong nails. Ouch!

Suzie–> Aren't they? Loves 'em!!

Mrs Young_Fashion–> Stick to those tips and your nails will grow looong. Keeping them polished helps. :) I'll be sure to provide some additional tips in the Amor de Lacquer series.

8. rmcandlelight says:

Love that purple polish. China glaze have some pretty colors and I think they are good polishes. Yes wearing gloves is a must.