FOTD Friday: Holiday Look

| December 19, 2008 | 11 Comments

Fa la la laaaa…it’s Friday! And 6 days before Christmas. I have yet to do any Christmas shopping. Not because I’m not in the mood but I am finding it so difficult to buy gifts for people who seem to have….enough. Am I the only one who feels like this?

The good news is I am still in the Christmas spirit! I wish I could have worn this look last week to a Toy Drive that my office sponsored. It’s a very simple look done with some of my favorite products in my little collection:

That Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick (1 of 3 BB items that I own) in Bronze is seriously one my of favorite beauty products EVER! I didn’t want to do anything too overpowering with red and green like I did last year:

This year’s look is a little more subtle and definitely wearable to the office holiday party.

Here’s what I used….

FACE:
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45
Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Bronze (cheeks)

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NARS Emmanuel eyeshadow
Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Bronze
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Covet
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara

LIPS:
Clinique Red-y to Wear High Impact lipstick

That Clinique lippie is wonderful! It’s red but soft enough for you “I can’t wear red lipstick yet” ladies.

Not sure how festive my nails are though.

But if you are in the market for a black nail polish with beautiful silver glitter….Sally Hansen’s Raven Ring is hotness!

Is this work place appropriate or what? Does anyone have any upcoming holiday/family parties? Tell me about your looks!

I hope yall have a wonderful weekend! Don’t hesitate to drop me an email at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com telling me about all of your holiday finds.

Stay beautiful!

Tags: , , ,

Category: FOTD Friday, Nails

1. Katee "e-polishblog" says:

You look HOT B! And I am loving Raven’s Wing on you.

2. Tashina says:

Hehe. I feel happy now knowing that I’m not the only one who hasn’t shopped for Christmas presents yet. I don’t think I will until next week because we are supposed to get 12 inches of snow by the morning. God Bless Chicago.

3. Annie says:

I love the way you play with eyeshadow colours….you look great!

I really haven’t bought much for Christmas and don’t plan too; this week I donated a bunch of stuff to a local women’s agency….hubby, daughter and myself went!

I try to give as much as possible to people who really need things and honestly its a great gift to give yourself. (I’m hoping my 17yr old daughter catches on soon)

4. Askmewhats says:

Pretty girl!!! I love love love your look, definitely festive!!! we are having our christmas party next monday uggh and we have to go to work on tuesday, not good right? ugggh Have a great holidays B!

5. prettybeautiful says:

i am a fan of black nail + glitters! sadly, our choices of sally hansen polish here are not that wide. :( i hardly see any fancy/gorgeous shades at the stores

6. Grayburn says:

Love your lip color.

I just wanted to drop by and wish you merry x’mas before things get too hectic next week!

x Grayburn

7. Ms. Aja B. says:

Love this look! I have steered clear of Clinique for awhile, but I do love that lipstick.

I like that Sally Hansen color too. My favorite of theirs right now is one of their new lacquers in Glossy. It is black with the faintest (and I mean faintest) hint of red in it and it truly lives up to its name.

I am just about finished my shopping (which is a good thing since NYC is about to get hit with two snow storms back to back). At least the snow will give me motivation to wrap the gifts I’ve purchased already and maybe make some Christmas cookies :)

8. Amina says:

beautiful!!!!!!!!
    i don’t celebrate xmas so no shopping for me!

9. B says:

Katee–> Thanks! Raven's Wing is wonderfuuuul. I BET you have it. ;)

Tashina–> OMG @ all of that snow in Chi-Town. Be safe! That sounds intense!

Annie–> Thank you! You and I are on the same page. I really have a hard time buying gifts for the people that I know. I've already donated gifts for needy children and have given to a few people I KNOW don't have much money. That makes me feel so much better. I donate to a women's battered shelter called the Refuge House and I love it! You daughter will definitely pick on because I learned from my Mom. :) Happy holidays to you!

Nikki–> Thank you, pretty! I have to work on Tuesday too. :( We'll have to make the best of it.

PrettyBeautiful–> You know, of course you can buy them online..riiiight. ;)

Grayburn–> Hi darling!! Thank you so much for showing me some love. I will be back to your spot to return it. Have a wonderful holiday season with your friends and family!

Aja–> Okayyy, I looove that Clinique lippie. Like A LOT. Don't sleep on their cosmetics. They have a lot of good items. I may need to find that other Sally Hansen polish that you mentioned. It sounds divine! Good thing you finished your shopping. *sigh* I so wish I was in NYC right now.

Amina–> Thank you, lovely!

10. The Joy says:

Oh goodness! I love this look, so subtle but you know you got some holiday color on! I have not even thought about wearing red shadow! thanks for the inspiration!

11. yummy411 says:

that was not all crazy what you did last year. girl see these phases we go thru? bust out being colorful artistes.. now we are subtle working girls! looks nice and you just have nice nails so just about anything looks nice on them!