FOTD Friday: Lancome’s Gift with MORE Purchase

| December 5, 2008 | 14 Comments

Happy happy Friday! I can NOT believe how fast this week has gone. I’m not complaining…..we’re getting closer to the holidays and then my birthday (January 2nd)!! The good ole’ 24. *sigh* But I will forever be 21.

*crickets*

Alrighty then, let’s bring on the FOTD! I was in Tallahassee during the Thanksgiving holiday and refused to get into any of that Black Friday madness. Okay, I kid. I actually had plans to make it to Macy’s at 4 a.m. but was too busy partying it up with friends to go. I did, however, manage to snag that Lancome beauty box that I was desiring.

Spend a little less than $40 on any Lancome product(s)….and you get ALL of this for $48.50. A bit of a stretch but I figured this was the best time to try out some of Lancome’s products. Mommy dearest and I went half. I purchased Lancome’s Magnifique..

Another “grown up” fragrance that I absolutely adore! I’ll review that in the coming “Let It Clump” posts. I decided to play around with my Lancome eyeshadow palette to see how the colors’ texture compared to other brands.

I mean the colors are definitely pretty enough. A little too shimmery for my liking but I was loving the intensity of the colors when I initially swatched them.

Here’s what I used:

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Lancome palette (GOLD-inner lid, GREEN-outer lid BROWN-crease..and the highlight color)
Clinique’s brush on gel liner in Black
Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Black
Dior DiorShow mascara (gave it a whirl again)

FACE:

MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45
NYC Color Chroma Face Glow in Sandstone

LIPS:
MAC Nightmoth lip liner
Lancome Coquette
Too Faced I Love Myself Mirror Lip shine

….Clumps of Mascara strikes again!
Where is my other earring?

OMG, is this not personality
overload or what? HA!

I can dig Lancome’s shadows! They blend beautifully and seem to work well on brown skin. I’ve used this palette several times for work and am definitely adding this to my “take when traveling” stash.

And don’t even get me started on the amazement that is Lancome Bi -Facil makeup remover. This make-up remover has been hailed as the greatest of all removers and I can see why. One swipe and it’s ALL gone.

Do you have any favorites from Lancome? Or did you cop any hot beauty sales during Black Friday? Tell me, tell me!

Have a wonderful weekeeeeend!

Stay beautiful,

(photo credit)
(photo credit)

Tags: ,

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Askmewhats says:

next to purchase , definitely Lancome Bi-Facil!!!! Thanks for the lovely post and it made my day!!! Have a great weekend and you’re right, you will forever be 21 !!!

2. Product Junkie Diva says:

Love love love those colors on you. Very brown girl friendly.
    Have a beautiful weekend B.
    PJD
    P.S. I love it when you write crickets- I crack up each time..lol

3. SuzieC says:

Pretty look! Lancome is one of my faves! I have a few of their shadows and they’re really nice.

4. Bella says:

Goodness!!!
    Hermana, you certainly do away with all those nosnense myths that us women of color cannot pull off certain make up combos. I love how you make it look so natural!!!

5. Amina says:

beautiful!!
    I’ve also heard great reviews about their remover..

6. BeautyTalk says:

very pretty and Lancome always comes out with the best holiday deals!

7. yummy411 says:

lancome is nice and you are too cute! personality overload. do i spy a big ring on the left hand on a certain finger??

8. PBW says:

Love the photo with the big smile!!!!

I haven’t bought anything… YET.

9. Avartsy says:

I haven’t really tried Lancome other than their juicy tubes, maybe I’ll give them a second glance now…we are both Jan babies! I’ll be 25 *sigh*, I’m getting up there! Anyways, merry christmas!

10. lelaelena says:

Hi I wanted to let you know I’m planning on profiling my favorite beauty blogs on my own in the next few weeks and off course this is one of them (PS: also doing up a blog roll).

11. Starry x2 night says:

Wow, those are the prettiest colors, both in the box and on your eyes! Love the FOTD (haha, personality overload! You’re too cute!)

12. Fashion's Darling says:

Lancome Bi-Facial is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I love it! I actually know people who hate it and i can’t understand why.

PS…I’m [finally] turning 21..yayy
    just felt like sharing lol

13. Lyn says:

I love Lancome’s Juicy Tubes. My favorite right now are The limited editions — Luminous in Lace and Heavenly Body. Yes the make-up remover is awesome!!!!

14. Manda says:

I love love love their Savon Fraichelle shower gel, its expensive but so worth it I buy it at work when I get my extra employee discount and a gift so I dont feel as guilty ;) if you adore bifacil try Clinique’s take the day off, just as effective and cheaper always a plus!