Mascara Monday: Lancome Définicils Pro mascara

| January 5, 2009 | 16 Comments

Happy Monday, family! I’m back. “B…where did you go?” Thanks to Blogger’s “scheduled posts” thingie…..I bet yall didn’t even know I ghost, uh? I spent New Year’s and my birthday in Atlanta and had a BALL! I will be sure to post random pictures/commentary about my trip. Beauty and B’s life. What could be better? I hope you all could smell the sarcasm in that last statement. HA!! Enough ramblin’…let’s bring on the review, yo!

Lancome Définicils Pro mascara

Price: 1 out of 5 ($24…can’t even lie. That’s a little steep)
Packaging (Brush Wand): 4 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 out of 5

What it claims: “Lashes With Superb Definition. For lavishly long, perfectly defined lashes, this best-selling mascara provides the ultimate in shaping and separation. Patented brush coats each lash, from base to tip, for superb definition.”

The truth: WTF! OMG…this is an amazing mascara!!

What I loved about it:
That is works! The definition is really there!

What I didn’t like: That it’s too expensive. :( LOL…I know that’s not a real reason to dislike a product but look…I’m keepin’ it real, fam. And the clump factor was apparent. Uh oh.

Overall: I can’t believe that I am just now testing and reviewing this jewel here on Clumps of Mascara. Lancome Définicils (along with other mascaras from Lancome) has always been one of those mascaras that I “heard” was good but good but never got around to testing. I finally got the opportunity to test it when it came in my Lancome Beauty Box. Wow oh wow! The definition is there like crazy!! After about 2 coats I got amazingly dark and full lashes. The length was right on too. However, I found that after the 2nd coat I was escorted to Clumps City…a place I don’t like to visit when using mascaras. No worries. I found that 2 coats was enough for me. If you feel as if you need MORE coats, view my video to see a little trick that can steer you away from Clump City. As far as durability goes? It’s there! I didn’t experience any flaking or smudging yet it removed with ease. I should have known. Lancome, how you impress thee!!

Lashes with NO mascara

Lashes with TWO coats

Would I recommend it?: Sho do…that’s the Southern girl in me but in other words, “YES!” It is quite the splurge but definitely worth it as it gives all over eye definition.

Check out what my Twitter fam has to say about this macsara:

@luxetips Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

@minordetail I still have to try it!

@reallifecitygirl thats a definite yay! Love the stuff! Been using it since junior high

@FacePaint101 YAY!! It’s one of my fave mascaras

If that ain’t enough confirmation, I don’t know what is? Have you tried this mascara? Or any of Lancome’s mascaras? Tell me what you think!

Random Trip flick:

My best friend and I in a fountain in Atlanta’s Olympic Park. I was trying to look all glamorous but really I was 2 seconds from bustin’ my booty on that ice cold water. Good times, good times….

A new year and a new start,

macys.com 1.05-1.08

(photo source)

Tags: , ,

Category: Mascara Monday

1. Amina says:

i’ve tried it too and looooooved it!! great stuff!!

2. Askmewhats says:

never tried any lancome mascaras and your photo makes me wanna!!! Lovely lashes!! Oohh girl!! So sexy!

3. Annie says:

My favourite mascara is Lancome Definicils! It is expensive and probably more so here in Canada, but I’ve bought it off of ebay a few times and I get it pretty cheaply (even when considering the shipping)

Your lashes look great!

Anne

4. Wes says:

Glad you’re back- I’m happy you had a good time! BTW- Lancome Definicils is one of my all time favorite mascaras also, it’s just a little too hefty on the price tag though.

5. Da_Kween says:

I already KNEW where you were! LOL

See that $24 price tag gonna make me take ya word for it. *hmph* Yet…with my birthday coming up on the 10th, it might be a necessary splurge! We’ll see!

Happy New Year old lady! lol

6. Bella says:

Holy tamales hermana, that is steep. Thoiugh your lashes look FAB.

7. Get Togetha says:

Happy New Year! And Welcome Back.

GT

8. Coco says:

Have you tried and reviewed Covergirl Lash Blast yet, because it is a new favorite, second only to my Clinique Drama whatever it is called. By the way, this is Twinkle from Paix All Around. I’ve got a new blog that I started with a friend so please check us out at Everyday Rococo. Take care and Happy New Year!

9. Coco says:

Oh, and ATL, woot -woot!

10. Miss Pretty says:

Cute bag!

11. ladebelle says:

i like their volume mascara too… really good and it makes my lashes thick and long… love it!

12. Pumps And Gloss says:

I see you in those skinny jeans. You are officially my fitness inspiration. :-D

Glad you are not running for the mayor of Clump Town. lol

13. yummy411 says:

aww such a cute pic of yall!

14. Anonymous says:

Julia Roberts used that mascara at the Golden Globes and she looks amazing. I desperately want to try it. You can check her out on the link bellow.

15. shauna tarnowske says:

I recently purchased Lancomes Definicils Pro and love it but am also having a problem with clumping if applied to quickly or more than just two coats. So after reading your review I was really looking forward to watching your video for tips on how to better avoid these clumping problems. However, when following your link you tube informed me that the creator had put restrictions on access to the content of the video and unfortunately my access is being restricted. Bummer. If it was anything like your review than it probably had some really good, accurate and useful information in it.

• victoria says:

I just checked and her video for Lancome Definicils Pro is up on her YouTube channel, DivineBlackness. Just go to her channel and type in Definicils in the search box and it will pop up.

Sometimes I’ve tried to access Brittany’s YT videos from Clumps and have the same “restricted” problem but if you go directly to her YT channel you won’t have any problem accessing the videos.