Amor de Lacquer: Dark but not Black purples

| February 24, 2009 | 12 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

I got an email from a reader who was annoyed with finding the same boring purple shades of polish. I don’t know what it is about purple polishes but they are really my polish color of choice. I have more purples in my collection than any other color. And I can’t stop purchasing them. Exactly how many shades of purple polish does anyone need?

I don’t even know, yall. But I feel like I need to have them all. This one is for you, Tiffany. Some of these polishes have already made their appearance here at Clumps of Mascara but they are so lovely that I had to bring them back!

Zoya’s Malia

I love this color. Nothing beats Zoya’s formulas and application. They are turning me into quite the “healthy polish” snob. Zoya’s polishes don’t contain toluene, formaldehyde and DHP. You can snag this at Zoya.com for only $6.

Sally Hansen’s Night Hydrangea

Ohmigoodness! I have no words for the amazement of this purple. It is crazy unique and looks great on the nails and toes. This polish comes from the Tracey Reese for Sally Hansen Spring ’09 collection. This baby won’t hit stores until March but I’m telling you now…you better get ready because it will be hard to find these $8 polishes at your drugstores. They go fast!

OPI Can You Dig It?

Yes, I can. Sheer beauty. And it’s a cream. This is probaly one of my top 10 favorite polishes. If you can’t find this one in stores, you can get it for $4.75 at my one of my favorite e-tailers HERE.

Revlon’s Primal Purple

Ohhh la laaaa, it’s a jewel-toned purple. And it’s dark but not quite black. I love this purple. It had blue undertones and sparkles like an amethyst.

Misa’s Forbidden Lust

This is one polish that I can rock for at least 3 days. It is just a show-stoppin’ kind of color. My friend Ellis almost tried to snag this one from me but as much as I love her, she wasn’t gettin’ this baby! You can also get Misa polishes for only $3 at Head2ToeBeauty.com

I hope this helps, Tiffany! Purple polishes do indeed look beautiful on brown skin. You better rock ‘em, girl! Which shade do you like the best? Got a purple you think I should try?

Polish Pretty,

This Day in Black (African) History:

1996-Elected leader and first president of Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah,
ousted in military coup while he is away on a peace mission to Vietnam.

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. L. Michelle says:

Now, I don’t know if this is at all Sally’s but the one here in Austin has some of their Finger Paints nail polish on sale..buy 1 (4.75), get 1 free!

2. The Pretty Brown Girl says:

I just got a new purple called “Climax” by Rimmel. It was only $3.39 @ Target. Purples are so sweet. I have a few in my collection as well. :)

3. tongueincheek says:

Love those last two!

4. Askmewhats says:

I love purples! and Malia looks so pretty! I am imagining those colors on my nails :D

5. Bsquared86 says:

Wow those colors are beatiful! I’m in a pink state right now but purple may be on the horizon! Thanx for this!

6. The Asian Girl says:

The best dark, true purple I’ve encountered is Zoya Yasmeen. I have Rimmel Play Fast Art Of Noise which is a close (if not exact) dupe…I think their current 60 seconds line has it repackaged under a different name that I can’t recall at the moment.

7. B says:

Michelle—> Ohhh, good lookin' out! Thanks!

PBG–> Gotta look for that one too. ;)

tongueincheek–> You're a dark purple kind of gal, uh?

Nikki–> Please tell me they have these brands in the Phillipines.

BSquared86–> You betta rock 'em!

The Asian Girl–> I forgot about Yasmeen! That's a beautiful purple too.

8. Miss Yaya says:

that Sally Hansen one is going to fly off a shelf and right into my pocket… I honestly wasn’t going to pay the Tracy Reese and Sally colab any mind but alas!!

I have a lot of purples but mostly from OPI and some from China Glaze

9. L. Michelle says:

Last night I looked on Ulta’s website and they have a few Sally Hansen colors on BOGO!

10. Umm Amirah says:

Hey B…
    I’m waiting for my first shipment of ZOYA..the colors are so BOLD. FYI: if you sign up as a salon..you get whole sale prices (aka $3 a bottle) **wink, wink**

11. rmcandlelight says:

Hey, tell me will we have these Sally Hansen Tracy Reese in our Walgreens here in Orlando? I sure hope so. I hear that they don’t show up at some stores. I want all the Tracy Reese collection:)

12. Product Junkie Diva says:

I just love purple polish!
    PJD