FOTD Friday: Hot Pink/Orange look

| February 6, 2009 | 19 Comments

Leave it to a palette of 88 eyeshadows to finally inspire me to do something funky with my lids. I dabbled in my Coastal Scents 88 piece make-up palette all week. I found the neutrals to be beautifully long lasting. The darker mattes blended so nicely on my crease. I spent most of the week oh so desperately wanting to play in the brighter colors. I finally had the opportunity.

FACE:
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NARS Albatross highlighter
Bright pink–I named it Sweet Tart
Bright orange–I named it Cubanita en Miami
Red–I named it Hot Like..
CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Lust
NYC eyeliner in White
Revlon Fantasy Lengths lashes in Flirty

LIPS:
NYC lipstick in Garnet
Sally Hansen gloss in Brilliant

Don’t yall say a word. You know I’m extra.
That’s Zoya’s Harley on the nails by the way.
And….could it be? Me wearing lashes? Trying to get them to stay on was quite the clumps of mascara. I ended up taking them off immediately following the photoshoot.

And my oh my….it wasn’t until THIS photo when I realized what a crazy difference a good pair of lashes can do to a look.

One day I’ll get it right. One day.

So yes….the brighter colors from that Coastal Scents 88 piece make-up palette work just as well as the neutrals. I am impressed!

What do you think? Right on? A hot mess? Be honest….

Have a wonderful weekend, family.

This Day in Black History:

In 1820-The first organized emigration back to
Africa begins when 86 free African Americans leave New York Harbor
aboard the Mayflower of Liberia.

Tags: , ,

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Askmewhats says:

I love this look, this is perfect for Valentines! :)

2. Sandra says:

B, I really love this look on you and I really enjoy the “This Day in Black History” quotes… I learn something new everyday…keep it up…and if you forget…I will remind you…LOL

3. Nessa says:

Call me crazy, but I like it! It looks good on you. I have many troubles with long, full lashes. If I knew how I would wear fakies everyday. It’s too hard!

4. Kiarah C. W. says:

I like the whole look. The hat really sets it off. Very cute. I would have never guessed ur lashes were fake if you did not tell so that means they look GREAT! Love the colors. I’m scared I will waste the palette if I buy it because I will never use them all in three months. I’m thinking of starting with a small palette first. Maybe I will ask you in 3 months how much u used. $25 is a steal though…

5. Tammy M says:

I really like this look on you! And yes, it is amazing what false eyelashes can do!

6. Product Junkie Diva says:

B I was saying Hot pink and orange??? Girl you rocked it OUT!!!!
    Have a great weekend. Love the look.
    PJD

7. MzBrowneyez901 says:

Your blending of the colors is great… and you are right falsies, make a noticeable difference. I need to learn how to do that myself~ I have a pair in my makeup bin that I’ve had since the summer, and I’ve never tried them. :( But I might have to bust them out for Salsa night tonight!!!!!!

8. Danyelle says:

Oooo, prettyful B! Those mattes are soooo much better than BB, fo real, lol ;)

9. T says:

lovely color combo. I too dabbled in my palette. I always forget how much fun it is.

10. Fall04Ace says:

It’s hittin on something girl! I love it – and pink’s my color too :)

Wow, you’ve just sold me once more!

11. tongueincheek says:

I really like the color combination, but just have one comment about the lashes. They look great on you, but you may wish to consider lining your eyes with black eyeliner after putting them on, because I spied a tiny gap that gives it away a little, but that’s just because I’m picky. Looks great overall!!

12. Apasara says:

You wear those bright colours sooo well. I have serious eyelid envy! :D ~MadameSoybean

13. slvrlips says:

B, I’m loving this look. Very Pretty

14. Luvvie (aka Queen IG) says:

B, your looks are sooo pretty. I wish I knew how to apply makeup like that.

15. PBW says:

FABULOUS!!!! It’s bright, yet still very feminine and pretty.

16. Lavendar says:

I agree! You look fabulous….love the colors on your pretty complexion!

17. Lish says:

i think its very cute! i love the pink on you!

18. JENSMAKEUPBAG says:

beautiful look! i’m still learning falsies too!

19. Fashion's Darling says:

oooo I want that palette lol. It’s a pretty look.

I need to learn to put on falsies. The one time I tried to ended up in glue all over and a pretty bent up set of false eyelashes. Not cute.