Beauty Bee-haviors: How many mascaras do you have?

| March 3, 2009 | 27 Comments
Welcome to another post from the Beauty Bee-haviors series. In this series we have open discussions about any and everything in the beauty world.
How many mascaras do you have?

Do you stick with one or are you constantly buying more?
Yall know that I am a mascara reviewer but I only have about 4 mascaras. Seriously! That’s it!
What do I do with the ones I review?

No, I don’t save my receipt and return them all. That could have probably worked once or twice but I have reviewed over 40 mascaras so how would that look? HA! I usually trash them. Some are given to me but most of them I purchase. In the future I think I will use disposable wands as I test mascaras. That way if I don’t like them I can give them to friends and family.

But enough about me. What about you?

Tags:

Category: Beauty Bee-haviors

1. Rai says:

I have one that I use, but in total 2 because I purchased a two pack.

2. Nessa says:

Um after reading your reviews I have about 4 that I routinely use!
    Thanks to you!!
    ;)~

3. Her Royal Poshness says:

I actually hate wearing mascaras but I have them in many colours because I match them with my make-up. It’s hard to find a decent one so I guess when it comes to thrashing them I’m as bad as you are…

4. Askmewhats says:

I have 3-4 that I use and the rest? I buy them but I store them and wait till the rest expires, I don’t use everything at once :D

5. NaturallyAlise says:

I have 4, Maybelline Great Lash, Maybelline Stilletto, Maybelline Collossal Volume, and my purple Almay thickening mascara.

(sse a theme? , lol)

I was thinking when you try out mascara you can’t use the disposable wand because part of the review is about the different wands and their effectiveness… just a thought…

6. B says:

Rai–> Just a modest collection of mascaras. I love it!

Nessa–> Yay! That makes me feel like my mascara purchasing/reviewing isn't in vain. Yay! You're the best….and I owe you $1 for hooking me up with Fabuloustreet.com. I can't wait for my Nfu-Oh's!

Her Royal Poshness–> You….hate…mascaras. Nooooooo!!! LOL, I'm just being dramatic. I feel the same way about foundation so hey, I feel you sis. You probably have super long lashes and don't feel like you have to wear mascara any way, uh?

Nikki–> Great deal! I don't think I store any. Hmm…

Alise–> Dang, why are you so smart? LOL..I thought about that too. *le sigh* as you would say. Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps I could use the wand and after each application, sanitize the wand? Hmm…what do you think?

7. Jaimie says:

I have a bunch but the two I use the most is Lash Blast and Majorlica Majorca or something like that lol

8. Nessa says:

Can’t wait to see the Nfu-Ohs! Let’s just say you owe me a *favor* and I will call upon you when the time presents itself.
    That sounds kinda formal, didn’t mean it that way ;)

9. Zmaga says:

I have 2: brown & black, though they're not really different… I use my sister's mascara once in a while.

10. Dawn says:

I have two regular ones and one waterproof one that i use…all in the color black.

11. Kiarah C. W. says:

I use one at a time. Right now I have a second that I got as a gift but I did not open it because it’s black and I don’t use black mascara.

12. Karyn says:

I have three that I rotate…clear mascara for extra regular everyday situations, Maybelline Great Lash for other everyday situations, and DiorShow for evening situations!

I’m always looking to add more! I’m glad that I’m not the only person with a mascara rotation!

13. Witty says:

Using the wand and then sanitizing it sounds like a plan, B!

I have about 2 that I use on a semi-regular basis, however, I have another few that I just have to have. Lash Stilleto is in heavy rotation(thanks to COM!) I also love blinc. because of my contacts. However, I don’t use it as often as LS. I have the Clarins aquamarine that I’ve used 4 times, which is shameful considering the price. Benefit’s bad gal I used to like…not so much anymore.

14. Earthtoned Glamgoddess says:

I have about 2 or three that I use. Since I wear a lot of false lashes, I don’t really go through a lot of mascara.

15. Hijabi Apprentice says:

I have about 6 but only because I got 3 as samples. I use DiorShow and Shiseido regularly but I like a Vincent Longo and Loreal Voluminous as well.

16. Miss Yaya says:

i think there is only one other person commenting that has a bunch – let’s clarify bunch for me – bunch means approximately 10 if not more.

If you have spares next time and use disposable wands – send this way and I’ll send stuff you can use back! :)

17. Miss Yaya says:

Oh! But the ones that travel by my side religiously are the Mac Plush Lash and Chanel Inimitable mascaras.

18. GS says:

I have five, two are blue and I barely use them, a L´oreal voluminous that I hate, is two years old and should probably be thrown in the garbage and the two that I actually use an Avon waterproof and a LashBlast.

19. sabrina says:

I’ve been on a mascara kick lately and I have about 6 and I use them all. I just bought Lash Blast Luxe (which is actually just colored mascara…no glitter flecks that I noticed) and L’Oreal Beauty Tubes (don’t think that’s the right name).

20. L. Michelle says:

I have about three mascaras. Sephora’s Atomic, Cover Girl in the purple tube, and Revlon 2000. I have them everywhere, purse, car, desk. LOL.

21. Christine C says:

I currently have 8 mascaras (9 if you count primers)… I’m addicted something awful, lol. I always use Clinique Lash Power for my bottom lashes but for the top, I like to switch it up.

22. Danielle says:

I really only have 3 or 4 because I use them until they’re done and then throw them out. Unless they’re truly horrible, like Rimmel, then I throw them out immediately. I mostly use LashBlast, Bourjois volume clubbing, Bad Gal Lash, and Too Face Lash Injection. I also have the cake mascara from La Femme, but I don’t like it much because it makes my eyes feel funny. I also have to find another brush to use it with because I broke my extra LashBlast brush!

23. Meagan Elizabeth says:

I literally have a makeup bag full of mascaras. Albeit most of them are small sample sized ones. I can’t stop buying them! I feel like I need to try every mascara out there haha. I use Imju Fiberwig the most out of all.

24. jill says:

i think i have about 5, but i only use one regularly. the other are ones ive tried and didnt like (lashblast..ick), old, or i found a new one before the old was empty. right now i just use tarte light, camera, splashes! im still not sure how i feel about it b/c i just got it

25. Amina says:

i have one mascara that i regularly use then 3 samples that i disregard after a month!
    Since we have to use mascaras within 3 months, i don’t accumulate them

26. Sabrina says:

I have eight in my make up train case that I rotate (I have make up A.D.D. ) and probably about 4-5 in my plastic stacker (the make up graveyard).

27. danielle says:

i have about 35…. looking to add Rimmel WOW lash !