Amor de Lacquer: Simple Nail Art

| April 14, 2009 | 19 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

Okay, I will be honest.

I’m really not IN to nail art. I can admire it all day. I may even play around with it a little but at the end of the day, I really prefer regular ole’ painted nails. Call it the conservative side of B if you want. I attribute my sentiments to nail art to having gone overboard with them in high school.

I had nail designs for EVERY holiday back in ‘tha day. I had looks for Christmas, Valentine’s Day and I even got my nails done in gold and green for my high school graduation.

Now and days, I don’t dabble into the nail design so much. In fact, the most I will do is this:

*snore* I know.

And even though I have products like these in my stash…

…I rarely touch them. I even did a nail art tutorial for Amor de Lacquer week, but trust me when I tell yall it is a JOKE. Instead, I found a beautiful YouTube-r who does beautiful nail art designs and her video is easy to follow along.

….and if you really want to see some dynamic nail art, check out my girl Nikki over at Ask Me Whats.

Whatcha think? Are you into nail art or not so much?

Polish Pretty,

Tags:

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

Nail art is my life. I can remember when I first started getting my nails done at 14 that it was killing me to only have a design on each of my ring fingers…then when I came back stateside and moved to Baltimore with my sister, they did 10 different designs on each hand and I haven’t been right since..losing my nails since losing my job has been hard on me and I can not wait to get my acrylic overlay tomorrow. I don’t believe that I can get that creative on myself but I can lay down some designs for other people…call me ghetto but I love the rhinestones and all!!!

2. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

3. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

4. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

5. Askmewhats says:

awww woman! I love simple nail art to be honset! But the reason why I go for various designs is because..doing nail art is like “relaxation” for me, I put up a big smile on my face seeing that I can do designs on my nails eventhough in truth, I cannot draw on paper! I almost fail on drawing classes :(

6. Anonymous says:

I decided to start working while in high school just so that I could get my nails done every week with crazy nail art (skyscrapers and “junk nails” lol) so I hear ya! not until recently did I start trying to do my own nail art..but nothing like back in the day.

and your design isn’t boring..its cute!

7. rmcandlelight says:

I did get nailart when I used to wear acylic nails back in the day. Now with natural nails I usually use the konading system. Much easier for me:)

8. Michele says:

I love what you did. I would never be able to do my own nails like that.

9. jana says:

i could hardly keep up mine, but whenever i get my nails done i may add a diamond sticker or two. nothing much.

can you do something on konading? what is it exactly?

and also, the link is dead, i think her website is http://www.askmewhats.com

10. Milan Angel says:

I’m more into nail art on my toes than on my hands (especially in the summer). I do my own manicures and I can never seem to get a nail design right myself. LOL. I have those Sally Hansen nail art pens that are a little easier to work with but the most i’ve done are a couple lines or polka dots.

11. B says:

K&T–> LOL!! It took a loooong time for my parents to even let me wear colors other than Barbie pink on my nails. And as much as I wanted the rhinestones and 5-color looks, my Mom was NOT havin' it. So I settled for colorful french tips and a little swiggly line here or there.

Nikki–> I totally understand you!! Giving myself daily manicures and polishing my nails is such therapy for me. You are truly talented, lady!

Anon–> I didn't work in high school so I don't evne know how I was able to afford to get my nails done EVERY weekend. Craziness.

rmcandlelight–> Ahhh, the good ole' Konad. I think I need to get some new plates because all of the ones I have our either silly (flowers…really?) or way out there and only for the weekend (houndstooth).

Michele–> Thanks darling! Practice makes perfect…I had to re-do that look a good 4 times before I got it right. LOL!

Jana–> Thanks for the heads up! I fixed it! Konad-ing is a nail art system….you simply STAMP a look or design on your nails using polish. I'll do a post on it soon. Stay tuned. :)

Milan–> Hmm, now I haven't done any designs on the toes. That's somethin' to think about.I actually REALLY like those Sally Hansen pens. But yeah…I can't figure out what do besides polka dots either. LOL!

12. Miss Yaya says:

I always like to do designs but it’s much harder to make them match and I get hella frustrated after a while. I like to stick to a few swipes here and there… and B if your unused collected of nail art bothers you, think of my (no exaggeration) stash of 30+ colors that usually break out only in the summer lol…

but as far as toes go – mama ALWAYS designing on them!!! they let me use my right arm for both sides!

I am wishlisting a konad set for my bday and going to try that out.

13. SoFrolushes says:

I might just start trying nail art out. my nails need some love some TLC

14. adorepink says:

At first I was like you, just wanted a plain color mani. But the more I get into nail polish, I am getting into nail art (maybe not on every finger for now, except for polka dots). I think I like nail art because I want to test my artistic limits, see if I can make something beautiful that just may shock myself because I am not artistic when it comes to other mediums. I’ve really been wanting to order some tools and get those SH nail art pens.
    Your design is cute!

15. Rai says:

I really, really like this! So cute, but very simple.

I’m really getting into designing art on my nails. I need to pick up some brushes. :]

16. yummy411 says:

since being older and not being in an environment where our creativity is encouraged to be expressed, i’ve toned down on the nail designs. i’ve found a new appreciation for polish and its dimensions.

i still have a respect for nail ART … no matter how ‘ghetto fab’ people may think it is. some stuff i will say is outrageous, but the same goes for makeup, clothes and hair,etc.

17. Kiarah C. W. says:

I know I’m late but i looove nail art! love love love it! Thanks for the link. That’s all I wanted to say. lol

18. nail art designs says:

I know I'm late but i looove nail art! love love love it! Thanks for the link. That's all I wanted to say. lol

19. acrylic nails says:

I really, really like this! So cute, but very simple.

I'm really getting into designing art on my nails. I need to pick up some brushes. :]