FOTD Friday: The Body Shop palette

| June 19, 2009 | 10 Comments

Happy Fridays, darlings! Another week has blown by. Yes, already. This week’s face of the day is brought to you by this lovely little palette from The Body Shop.

I know, it has everything in it, right? What you are looking at is the Eye, Lip & Cheeck palette. I took this baby along with me when I was in Miami for Mother’s Day and it truly came through for me! Mind you I left ALL of my toiletries at home. This palette in all of its fantastic wonderful-ness happened to be in my purse and it saved my weekend…beauty-wise, at least.

It comes with….

-Super Volume Mascara
-Liquid Lip Color Pale Pink Sparkle and Golden Coral
-Cheek Color 04 Golden Pink
-Eye Shimmer 01 Silverý
-Eye Color 26 Shell Pink
-Eye color 38 Spearmint
-Eye color 20 Slate
-Mini Blusher Brush and Mini Eyeshadow Brush

I was crazy impressed! The glosses,not as pigmented as I like, are smooth and non-tacky, the shadows are bright and wearable and the mascara….ain’t so bad!

Check out the look I created. Look how versatile the colors are!

All products from The Body Shop unless otherwise mentioned.

FACE:
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45

EYES:
-Too Faced Shadow Insurance
-Spearmint (lid)
-Eye shimmer in silver (highlight)
-Eye color in Slate (crease)
-Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero
-Super Volume mascara

LIPS:
-MAC Nightmoth lip liner
-Liquid lip color in Coral

Dang, Mister Sun!! You are messin’ up my photoshoot!

So I had to take it the car….is it just me or do car shots have the best lighting?

In the shade..

Tons of sun…

Ah yes….my green smoothie. I love that stuff. Did I tell ya’ll I was taking baby steps in the raw foodie/vegan world? Been doing it for a few weeks now. My diet is about 70% green! I’m not doing this forever…just trying to spice up my diet a bit by learning new recipes. I even tweeted my vegan chocolate chip cookies here. I’ll share more with the Clumps fan. Ya’ll know I’m a health food nut so it’s about time we incorporate beauty with it. Wait—wasn’t I supposed to be starting a health/fitness series? Uh….

….back to the topic at hand, lol! This palette rocks. It is absolutely perfect for traveling. You can snag it here for only $30.

Would you? Could you rock this palette? I am lovin’ it.

Happy weekeeeeend!! Love ya’ll!

Stay beautiful,

Tags: , , ,

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Anonymous says:

Hi Brittany,
    A non-makeup-related question: Your green smoothie reminds me of a Mexican drink I love – jugo verde. What's in your smoothie, I'd love to try and recreate it at home?
    Thanks in advance,
    JC

2. B says:

JC—> A friend of mine drinks jugo verde on a regular. Never tried it! My green smoothies are different every day of the week. I can't remember this one but it's something like this:

-Fresh organic kale
    -1 banana
    -Strawberries
    -Blueberries
    -Mango
    -Coconut milk
    -Almond milk
    -Vanilla extract (or ginger or cinnamon)
    -Ice
    ….blended altogether. It's amazing how something so good is full of nothing but fresh fruits and veggies. If you try one, let me know!

3. Askmewhats says:

I love your friday look from The Body Shop! You look hot especially the last photo with the green smoothie!

4. Brooke says:

Gorgeous face – as always!

Want to wish you a great weekend girl :)

5. Lady says:

hmmmm…..i think this is probably a great palette but i'm not loving the blush on you. perhap sits the lighting? in the car it comes off as a tad ashen….but that could be light reflective particles that so many blushes have nowadays. would be interested in seeing the blush again in different lights.

i saw your smoothie and thought to myself "there is no way i'd be able to leave the house with that!" i would have to pay homage to the porcelain throne before leaving the house, lol.

6. Missy says:

WOW…I learn something new everyday I read your blog!!!! I am vegetarian currently transitioning to vegan. I do my "green monster" every morning. I also do raw food Wednesday! Love the look and YES, the car shots are awesome!

7. Andrea says:

I agree Missy,the look is awesome! It's fresh,clean & breezy..great for the summer!
    ~Clumps, your skin is so radiant! I'm sure that it is a combination of genes,diet & specific products that you use. What cleanser do you use on your skin?
    –Fabulous makeup is one thing,but I believe that you also have to have a great canvas(AND YOU DO).

8. izumi says:

that palette looks great :D and i know WHY car shots look good but that's just a bunch of photographic nerd talk, hahahaa :)

9. Miss Yaya says:

i love the look – you certainly do have great lighting in the car!

10. B says:

Lady—> LMAO!! They do keep you regular. But that's a good thing!

Missy—> I am SO going to need your support, lady!

Andrea—> Giiiirl, don't let the pics fool you. My skin is the worst. It doesn't like me no matter how well I take care of it. I am actually looking for a derm. My acne is out of control.