Beauty Bee-haviors: I like it, but I can’t afford it…..

| July 16, 2009 | 28 Comments

Welcome to another post from the Beauty Bee-haviors series. In this series we have open discussions about any and everything in the beauty world.

I will be the first to tell you…I ain’t rich. Far from it, actually. Very far from it. I mean, faaaar from it.

You get what I’m sayin’, right? I have never felt the need to spend hundreds of dollars on make-up at one time. Not that my wallet would allow me. But that doesn’t stop me from lustin’ like crazy. Most of my lusts come and go but I just can’t shake this one.

That’s right. It’s the Clarisonic Face brush. I’ve been wanting one like mad for quite some time. But I can’t afford it. $200 for a face brush is sooo out of my budget. But I hear it works magic. And with my skin in the condition that it’s in, I would love to make the investment.

But still…$200 is a flight. A student loan payment. Tae Kwon Do lessons (meaning the ones I want to take).

I have yet to justify buying this baby simply because, I can’t afford it.

That’s right. I said it. Ain’t no shame in my game. LOL! It’s your turn…

What beauty product do you
want but just can’t afford?

Tags:

Category: Beauty Bee-haviors

1. I Am Me says:

MAC products and anything above 20$LOL! i aint rich too!!!

2. ~J says:

Clumps, look for this on ebay. Seriously. I have an orginal Clarisonic and the Clarisonic Pro, both purchased new on ebay for 1/2 the cost. This brush is awesome and one of the best skincare investments I have ever made right behind Retin A.

Jenn C.

3. Witty says:

mm…I hear you on the Clarisonic. I bought it when they had the easy payments over Christmas…best investment for my dry face!

4. B says:

I am me—> LOL!! I hear you, sister. Why do you think I feature so many drug store friendly brands on Clumps?

J—> OMGGGGG!!!! I never even thought of Ebay. I'm trying to figure out if I should mail you a hug or just fly out to give you one. Thanks!

Witty—> I remember that!!! And the cheap-o creep-o that is me didn't invest in it. Girl, don't know you know I am STILL beating myself up over that. That little deal needs to come back.

5. T says:

MAC brushes are too much for me. I buy one for my birthday or other special occasions. I have heard wonders about the clarisonic, but so far, the clean and clear blackhead eraser is holding me over. Doesn't compare, I am sure, but it works for my face and wallet.

6. Product Junkie Diva says:

I was looking at the Clairsonic as well but I would hate to buy it and then see zero results. I'm scared that it won't work for me and then I will have a $200 glorified loofah on my hands. If it works well then I would consider it a good lifetime investment. It will pay itself off by giving me beautiful skin over time. OK why have i not been focused recently…that is not what you asked..LOL well I kinda answered ok Clairsonic is my response..lol
    PJD

7. Product Junkie Diva says:

Oh so in the meantime I enter Clairsonic giveaways when I catch them online..lol doesnt hurt to try.
    PJD

8. SoHo Accessories says:

Elizabeth Arden Prevage Cream..$150.00 for 1 oz jar. Not in my budget.

9. Anonymous says:

You can get it on qvc. They usually have it on easy pay so you pay a portion of it a month. If you don't like it, you can send it back in 30 days and get your first payment back :-) hth

10. Shana says:

I REALLY want the temptu air compressor system for my kit and the yazmo soft side train case because my current case is killing my back! but at a grand total of close to $700 its just not in the cards at the moment. I am saving up though!

11. Milan Angel says:

This clarisonic brush has been on my lemming list for yeah…like over a year now. Even when I HAVE the extra cash for it SOMETHING just won't let me drop that much on a skincare brush. I've heard amazing things…but I think I need to step up into a larger salary bracket before I can justify that purchase outright.

12. trofie says:

pretika is the new Clairsonic. i was not about to pay $200 and found the knock-off (in some ways actually better) than the original "commercially popular" product. i have been using it now for 3 months (k-dawg too) and the result on him are dramatic. it is practically his now. you should try it b…i purchased it on qvc. hit me up for the deets.

13. lynettepleasant says:

The most expensive stuff I buy is MAC and Benefit. No Chanel or Dior in my house! And allcosmeticswholesale.com is my dirty little secret. I'm not too stingy with makeup but other stuff I'm cheap as hell. Like, I almost never buy books, I always use the library.

14. haute coco says:

My favorite product that I cant afford (right now) is Makari. they have the best skincare products for women of color.

15. Amber says:

The soy face cleanser and cream by Fresh is AMAZING and super expensive (at least to me)! I got these both in sample sizes and ADORED them. I'm dying to try the eye cream too.

16. JRN says:

Try ebay I got mine several years ago for half that

17. Andrea says:

My best friend Tamara & I had a spa day in which she treated me to a Caribbean sugar glow exfoliating body treatment. It was HEAVENLY!! She gets this treatment every 2 weeks at $122.00 a pop & her skin is flawless! I would love to have this kind of pampering every two weeks,but it's too rich for my blood!–LOL!

18. Miss Yaya says:

i know you and i talked about La Mer

I would also love to have lash extensions that are $250 a session and laser hair removal… but look… fake lashes and a razor get the job done without VISA a knockin at my door…

19. Miss Pretty says:

Ooh YaYa I feel you on the eyelash extensions! They are 150 for me but I just can't do it!

I would love to have a personal makeup artist! But since I can't have that I guess I have everything I need….

20. Lara says:

1)The Clarisonic brush is one I've always considered
    2)I used to work in retail and didn't see the hype with La Mer, but I guess if I could use it daily to really see the result, I would
    3)Bond Fragrances. They smell great but that cost is hideous
    4)More makeup and makeup equipment than I have now
    5)Mani/pedis more often instead of doing them myself.
    6)A personal trainer
    7)An all day spa treatment preferably on a vacation to the islands somewhere. ;-)

21. Askmewhats says:

Air brush compressor :) :) :) I may need to invest on that soon!

22. Alex says:

I really want a Nars Yachiyo brush. I already have blush brushes that work just fine though, so I've found it really hard to shell out the cash.

BTW, they are coming out with mini clarisonics I think they cost around $150…. I saw them in the last Bliss catalog I believe.

23. Kim says:

1) Most perfumes. 70 to 90$… I can't afford that for a smell!
    2) LancĂ´me mascaras.
    3)MAC eyeshadows

24. yours truly says:

MAC ANYTHING!!! (one day i'll get there. :( *sigh* )

25. tamiasmommi says:

If you have been lemming for the Clarisonic for some time now, do as I did. QVC, girl! They have it on 4 flex pays of $50.00/month, plus you get the brush as soon as you send the first payment. If you don't like it, send it back within 30 days (unlike e-bay) for a full money back guarantee and they cancel the other payments of $50.00/month. Check it out! Its so worth it! Whenever I want a beauty product I can't afford, I always check HSN or QVC first. Can't beat the payment plans

26. yummy411 says:

great look and suggestion b!

27. yummy411 says:

great look and suggestion b!

28. NaturallyAlise says:

I want that at home hair removal laser thing that is $299, I have a huge hair growth problem due to some hormonal issues and that would be perfect… crosisng fingers for Christmas, lol