FOTD Friday: The Graduate look

| July 17, 2009 | 9 Comments

This FOTD Friday is a response to a reader’s email. Check it out!

Dear B,
Hi! so i really love ur blog and love that you do realize that not everyone is good with makeup just yet. i’m one of those people. i am graduating from college in december and i’m excited! i know it’s early but i am thinking about makeup looks that i want to do for the ceremony and reception afterwards. i’ve been playing around with MAC pigments and would like to use some. what kind of look do you suggest? thanks!

Soon 2 B graduate in North Carolina.

Ahhh, this brings back memories. I graduated from college around this time 2 years ago. See!

That was a chubbier B but you couldn’t tell me I wasn’t cute! I remember trying to decide what look I was going to wear. I settled on MAC’s Woodwinked on the lid and MAC’s Sketch in my crease. Can’t believe I remember that.

Oh the memories…

But back to you, Dear reader. I only own 3 full size pigments. Melon, Coco Beach and Vanilla.

And I’ve had these for the longest! I never take the time to use pigments but I do think that these three used together can make for a pretty nice and subtle graduation look. Melon gives you some added shimmer but it isn’t too overwhelming but it will make you shine like the student star that you are!

FACE:
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45

EYES:
-Too Faced Shadow Insurance
-L’Oreal HIP cream shadow paint in Witty
-MAC Melon pigment (lid)
-MAC Coco Beach pigment (crease)
-MAC Vanilla pigment (highlight)\
-Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero
-MAC Blacktrack fluidline

LIPS:
-MAC Nightmoth lip liner
-MAC Hot ‘N Saucy tendertone

That lip combo has popped up in a great deal of my FOTDS because ohhh weee, I love it. Balms are great because they keep your lips moisturized without having to re-apply. Graduations can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours and with all of the excitement going on, you really don’t have the time to keep re-applying glosses.

So here’s how it came out:

Not too shabby! So if pigments for your graduation look is where you really want to go, I suggest those three. Congrats again, lady!!

Anyone recommend any slammin’ graduation looks?

Do you remember what you wore for your high school or college graduation?

And happy weekend to all!

*hugs*

Stay beautiful,

Tags: , ,

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Product Junkie Diva says:

Cute look B.
    I remember my graduation outfits from JHS through college…including the shoes…lol. I LOVE graduations. Congrats to your reader.
    PJD

2. izumi says:

hahaha i don't even remember if i wore makeup to my graduation.. i was a tad bit of a noobie (and still am!!). didn't start wearing makeup until.. last year.. sometime.. and i wasn't even doing it "right". haha! oh i've learned and am still learning.

i really want to try melon pigment! i hear it's super pretty :) that and rose. you must swatch it for me sometime–please :D

3. Askmewhats says:

awww B gorgeousness :)

4. Miss Yaya says:

man if i could go back and do it again… i'd me so much cooler lmao

5. Katrina is a Princess says:

Beautiful recommendation for a graduation look! So clean and classy! I love it! Gorgeous!!!

6. Katrina is a Princess says:

You know how stupid I am…I chose not to walk in my college graduation. I wanted to leave a few days early and come back home to Florida…I regret it now so badly! I wish I could have walked so bad now…:( okay…I'm gunna stop thinking about it :(….

7. Amber says:

I just graduated from college in May. I used my Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip as eyeshadow to create a shimmery gold eye. Then I think I used some peach blush and my Sugarrimmed Dazzleglass. So I was pretty shimmery but still neutral :)

8. *Coop* says:

Don't laugh, but for my high school graduation I wore *drum roll please*

Avon Dew Kiss.

For undergrad, it was probably Carmex and grad school was some organic no-animals-harmed-in-the-making-of-this lip balm. Such a hippie wannabe. One of these days I'm gonna put on some makeup…and it's gonna be fab!

9. MadameSoybean says:

Your reader is so lucky to get your colour advice! She's ready for graduation but will have a great start for all that awaits her too. Polished look for interviews & fun nights out with the girls.