Let It Clump: I Am Not My Hair

| July 22, 2009 | 18 Comments

Hello Clumpers it’s Tamar binging you another fun edition of Let It Clump! This series is where we stop talking about make-up to explore other areas of beauty and beyond. That’s anything! Nails, hair, fashion, jacked up love lives..anything! Any suggestions? Let me know at Tamarforclumps@gmail.com

Today I’m talking about HAIR! We all have our days right? When we don’t know what to do or how to do it. But then there are those days where your hair is banging and you feel on top of the world. I have been so caught up in hair the past few years its gotten ridiculous. You name it, I’ve had it! Take a look:

So what are some of your GOOD or BAD hair days/weeks/months/?

Tags:

Category: Hair

1. Chrissypoo says:

We spend so much money on hair! Its hard to stop once you start.

2. Amina says:

your hair looks amaazing especially the last picture.

3. Porcha says:

You are a very beautiful woman! What kind of makeup do you use?

4. Nikea57 says:

Are those braids or something? Please share! You have nice skin!

5. LolaAM says:

I like that last pic of you! I've been wearing long and straight for years…I do change the color up though. I've been red, black, brown, blonde, even bright orange for a week. LOL! I've been relaxer free since 07 and have no interest in going back. My hair is easy to manage and reacts well to heat, so most think I still have a relaxer. I've never had weave/braids, it's just not my thing.

6. LolaAM says:

I should add that I go to the salon on a regular basis. I cannot do my hair since it's long, however when I wore it short(T-BOZ style in the 90s) I could do it myself. Go figure.

7. Miss Pretty says:

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

@LolaAm Girl you had the TBOZ cut? Sideburns too?

@Nikea57 Yes, Those were invisible braids!

@Porcha I don't really wear anything on my face. I do wear eyeshadow though and I use just about every brand out there.

@Amina Thanks Lady! I love your scarf….

8. lipton|TEE says:

Girl, your hair is on point. I'm trying to find something new to do to my hair before school starts but I'm not so sure yet. I want to cut it, but I kind of want to wait until it thinkens up some more (KeraCare… is working wonders). Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe cutting it to my chin then putting streaks of color like a slight red in my bangs.

9. yummy411 says:

i love a fresh retwist of the locs!!

10. Alex says:

I've been having some nasty hair days recently. I'd decided to try a spray gel (I'm normally a mousser) and it actually makes my hair look decent, but it also makes it feel sticky, and straw-like, and knotty. I think that next I'll try a non-pressurized mousse (I really want to get away from all the propellants). Also, I agree that your hair looks awesome in the last pic :)

11. Miss Pretty says:

@lipton|tee Change is always a good thing but make sure its something you can live with and feel fab in! Cuts are always hard to decide on but once you do it you will normally feel good about it. As for Color CHOOSE wisely!

12. lipton|TEE says:

I know, I'm nervous about the color I don't want it to be too over the top. I cut my hair all the time (lol). I love short hair!!

13. Rossi says:

Wow you have amazing skin & I love your hair in the 1st pic! Also,your makeup in the last pic is flawless!

14. Meagan Elizabeth says:

They all look good on you! My bad hair days are pretty much every single day of summer! It gets frizzy and I always just end up putting it in a side pony or a messed up bun lol.

15. Rolanda says:

Hello Bestfriend all hair styles r cute. Even the hundred dollar hair u bought! I use 2 try almost everything. Now just braids n hair buns. Keep up the good work luv u.

16. Miss Pretty says:

@Meagan Elizabeth Thank you so much! I have to fight frizz here in Texas and it isnt a good thing at all!

@Rolanda I love you to but you know Im gonna get you for putting my business out there like that!

17. LolaAM says:

LOL @ $100 hair!

I'm late, but yes, blonde T-Boz haircut, long side burns and all!

18. Anonymous says:

you are stunning, must be your mother's skin……