Natural Beauty: Why Castile Soap rocks my socks….

| July 7, 2009 | 20 Comments

I am going to start featuring more natural product reviews on Clumps of Mascara. I mean, it only makes sense! Natural products are staples in my home and very rarely do I show them love here on the blog. That changes today!

Have I told y’all how much I love castile soap?

I buy the different fragrances and different sizes and I just LOVE them.

Please tell me you know what Castile soap is? It’s just that! Soap. And it’s all natural. I ain’t playin‘….check out the ingredients.

It looks like regular liquid soap when poured out.

Add a few drops of water and what do you get? Soapy goodness!

Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps has 18 uses. Okay, sooo…I haven’t found all 18 but I’m using castile soap daily!

-I wash my hair with it (Peppermint or Tea Tree)
-I clean my bathroom and kitchen with it. (Unscented)
-I wash my face with it (Lavender or Almond)
-I clean my make-up brushes with (Unscented)
-I remove stains with it (Unscented)
-I use it as a body wash (Almond or Citrus)
-I have used it as a toothpaste..but giiirl, don’t swallow it (Peppermint)

I have developed a great love affair with castile soap. This is one product that I can not leave home without when traveling.

You can find out more about castile soap here. If you are looking to incorporate more natural products in your lifestyle, castile soap is a must have. And it pretty affordable and easy to find. They are popping up at drugstores and I have known to find some at Target stores. But of course they can easily be found at natural food stores and markets like Wild Oats, Whole Foods and Trader’s Joe.

Want to know more about Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps? Or interested in purchasing it online?
Click here.

Lather up, mamas!

Tags: , , ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. Andrea says:

I've said it before & I'll say it again…Fresh & inspiring. I love this blog!! I love that you are doing natural product reviews,posts on inner beauty,faith & friendship along w/ the great reviews & posts that we all know & love.
    Keep up the good work!

2. Phyllis Bourne says:

I've tried cake versions of castile soap, but never a liquid. I'm going to pick up a bottle next time I'm in Target or Whole Foods.

3. Witty says:

I love Dr. Bronner's! My dad has used the peppermint one for as long as I can remember. My favorites are lavender and almond..not a huge fan of hemp. So many uses and you really feel clean after using it.

4. antithesis says:

i needed to read this post. DUH! use it to clean my makeup brushes! ive been looking for a cheaper, larger alternative to mac's brush cleanser. this would be it. plus ive been interested in these soaps since my mom started using them on her locks. plus bar soap runs out so quickly…i need to pick some up ASAP.

5. B says:

Andrea—> Awww, thanks so much for the love, sis. It really means a lot. I really try to tackle all angles of beauty here on Clumps of Mascara. I really appreciate the support. *hugs*

PBW—> Auntie, it will change your life. Seriously.

Witty—> Hey sweets! You know what? I haven't even tried the hemp yet. Doesn't seem like it would smell too good. But I'm obsessed with these soaps so I'm going to try it anyway. HA!! Can't say that you didn't warn me. ;)

antithesis—> Ohhh, look how pretty you look over there in that picture. Get it, girl! Now I don't use Dr. Bronner's on all of my make-up brushes. Just on the stiffer ones. The softer ones get baby shampoo treatment simply because I want to keep them soft. The dense/flat brushes can handle castile soap. Does that make sense? Oh yes….you're going to love this soap!

6. Product Junkie Diva says:

I always go with almond or citrus, didnt like it in my hair though.
    PJD

7. Loc'd-n-Loaded says:

I agree, Dr.Brooner's is the truth and its the only shampoo/soap I use to cleanse my locs. I've had great success using the peppermint soap in a spray bottle, diluted with water to saturate my locs into a soapy lather.

It rinses easily and leaves my hair clean, smelling fresh and scalp renewed. Its the best. Definitely go get it if you're loc'd and having problems with residue.

Thanks B!

8. The Bridal BFF says:

I have used this product before! Great review! Thanks for sharing! ;)

9. Sara (The Makeup Snob) says:

Wow! These look great! Im definitly gonna check them out! Thank you:)

10. glamazini says:

try REI or Target. Got Citrus and Rose from Target just a couple weeks back.

11. Amina says:

I loove castile soap too!

12. MadameSoybean says:

I love Dr. B's soap! He's a San Diego specialty. Peppermint is my fave. I didn't know there was an almond…very cool. Plus reading the label is just plain entertainment!

13. yummy411 says:

my older sister uses this. i swear she's out of the loop as to trends, but she has her pulse to them… how does she do that? (not that castille soap is a trend, just saying) she's in the know and not at the same time! ha!

14. babysaffron says:

I have sensitive skin… is Castile Soap recommended? Thanks.

15. Shawnta` says:

Thanks for this blogpost. I've never tried these soaps but I'd be interested in giving them a try. I think the idea of washing my face with Lavender soap is very calming. Good idea about using it to clean make-up brushes too. Thanks!

16. sabrina says:

I lurve Dr. Bronner's on my hair. I need to buy a bigger bottle so I can use it on other stuff!

17. Christina says:

I LOVE Dr. Bronner's soap. I read about it in Seventeen magazine and use it as a shampoo to remove product build up and OMG, it works AMAZING!

It also works well if you have smelly feet. From time to time, if I'm in my sneakers for a long time and forget to put foot powder, use this soap on your feet in the shower and it helps get rid of the smell.

18. SugarBeanz says:

Ok, I would love to know the ways to use it….like for household cleaning. Do you dilute? How much? Do you use spray bottles? I just got some and so far so good, but am just curious….laundry?

19. B says:

SugarBeanz—> Castile soaps are extremellly concentrated so a little bit goes a long way. I do recommend diluting it in water. I've never thought about putting in in spray bottles but I think that's a great idea if you are using it as a household cleanser. In fact, I think I'm going to try that. And I've never tried it for laundry either. Its uses are really trial and error. There is no right or wrong way to use castile soaps. Play around with them. Either way you'll be please. :)

20. ink says:

I found other brand of castile soap from online shops.

How can I choose their castile soap ? There are many many castile soap to select. I try to read review. Part of them is very helpful. So it is hard for me to decide which brand I should select.