Amor de Lacquer: Halloween nail art

| October 21, 2009 | 16 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

It’s Halloween time, y’all! I don’t really get into the whole dressing up thing–although this year my girls want to go to Miami. In which case if I DO go, I’m dressin’ up as a cop. Or a “sexy cop” since most Halloween costumes for ladies are nothing more than baring more. HA!

I got a little inspired and wanted to play around with some new konad plates I got.

I finally ordered from OCNailArt.com. I HIGHLY recommend them. Kathleen is a pleasure to work with and shipping was fast. Gotta love it.

The plates I got…

I knew that I wanted to use China Glaze’s new Fortune Teller.

How amaziiiing is this color? It is black with orange glittery chunks. It looks SO good on its own. It really is a fabulous Halloween color. I got mine from Sally’s Beauty Supply.

I used a design on Konad plate m57.

I fudged up the pointer. My konad-ing skills STILL need some work.

Then I took China Glaze’s Style Wars and used a design on plate m61.

Can you believe I don’t have a black polish? 100-somethin’ polishes and not one is black? The horror! I ended up using Man Glaze’s The Death Tar. See my review here. A black polish would really make the art POP. So I guess I need to buy one.

I am really loving konad!

I was trying to do a fancy nail + face photo and look what happened?

I so messed up. HA!! I’m a mess, y’all.

Check out my konad tutorial here. Anyone doin’ any funky nail art for Halloween?

Or even dressing up for Halloween?

Tell meez!

Tags: , ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. Askmewhats says:

hahaha I want to play with your 100 polish collection !I'd love to see them in person! It'll be fun!!! and that's a very cute plate!!! the colors are pretty

2. The Pretty Brown Girl says:

I'm going to try a few Halloween manicures. I don't have the Konad skills together yet, so my art will be free-hand! :)

My favorite black polish is ChG "Liquid Leather", get that one for yourself, B. Black polish comes in handy more often than you think.

3. kelliegonzo says:

yay! fortune teller is my favorite polish right now!!

4. Bsquared86/Bsquared0408 says:

I have this polish called "Black Diamond" by China Glaze and i looooove it!

I'm dressing up for Halloween! I'm going to be a Cowardly Lion(ess) from the Wizard of Oz, lol. I'll post pics on my blog/fotki/twitpic lol.

5. Rai says:

I need a Konad!! Cuuuuute nails.

6. Colette says:

I can't wait to use my bottle of Fortune Teller, but I'm saving that for a little closer to the day – I'll probably wear it blingy for a day or 2 & then mattify it.

So far I've only done one Halloween mani, but it was maybe the best nail art I've ever done, neon orange with spiderweb tips. You can check it out HERE on my blog if you want =)

7. B says:

Nikki—> You probably have just as many if not more. Could you imagine if we had both of our collections together. Whoa!!

The Pretty Brown Girl—> Giiiirl, my free-hand is the WORST! I'll give you some of my konading skills for some of your free-hand skills. HA! And I'm going to check out that Liquid Leather. I know I've had some black polishes before. Someone jacked me, yo!

kelliegonzo—> Isn't it total awesomeness?

bsquared86—> Ohmigoodnesssssss, how cute is my loc'tor going to be? I can't wait to see your look!

Rai—> Girl, yes you doooo!! You would total rock them!

Colette—> OMG, FT would totally rock matte-d up. You've given me an idea. You're awesome. And I totally love your blog. :)

8. Tamara says:

Hey Brittany! I'm still a Konad novice. What a learning curve. The best black is Wet N Wild's black… opaque in one coat and only $0.99. Best one out!

9. Mz. More says:

Your nails are so cute… love both designs girl!

10. Product Junkie Diva says:

ok i see your hand on that tiny waist…you go girl..:-)
    PJD

11. Jasmin says:

Love the nails! Cute designs! I've been wanting to purchase those Konads online.

12. donna says:

i need to get the konad system. your nails look hot!

13. Milan says:

Those nails are HAWT! I really want to try Konad but I fear i'll muck that all up! lol

14. Brooke says:

Look AT YOU! Little miss konad queen :) Hope we see more!

>>>>That is some might fierce side eye game you are throwing there in the last pic!!

15. gio says:

I love the nails! Both designs are so cute!

16. Fabuless Beauty says:

I love the zebra print. I'm definitely dressing up for Halloween this year. Are you?