FOTD Friday: Purples Eyes and Purple Nails

| October 23, 2009 | 17 Comments

Purples have struck me again! Can you believe this? It’s out of control really. I think my last few FOTDs have been surrounded around purples. There is clearly something in the water. I’m hoping that I can break this streak and dabble into more colors. But for right now purples are rocking my world.

Remember when I showed ya’ll the fabulousness that is Stila’s Barbie Smudge pot in Purple Pumps? I decided to use it as a base. I find that it’s a little tricky because it is super glittery. It takes quite a bit of packing on.

But I managed to crank out a little somethin’-somethin’…

FACE:
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45

MAC blush in Sweet As Cocoa

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Nocturnelle e/s

MAC Vibrant Grape e/s
MAC fluidline in Blacktrack
NARS Albatross highlighter
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero
Lancome Oscillation mascara
LIPS:
Inglot lipstick in #204

I am lovin’ that lipstick!

….and then there are the nails. I used Essie’s Matte About You over Diamond Cosmetics’ Crushed Velvet. Whoa!

And I’ve fallen in love with Color Club’s Wild at Heart.

Seriously the best polish I have seen in my entire life. But I say that about everything right?

Purples are amazing. On the eyes, on the nails, on the lips, in the hair….I’ve done it all. And I hearby retire purples for at least a good 2 months!

Wait…

Okay….NOW I’m done. :)

Happy weekend, y’all!

Stay beautiful,

Tags:

Category: FOTD Friday, Nails

1. Hyzenthlay says:

Love purple on you! I'm not feeling the matte love, but the CC is stunningly gorgeous. I want it SO BAD now :) I'm just about the lightest MAC Face and Body foundation color (C1), with brown eyes, dark brown hair. Purples look pretty good on me, but I wish I could pull off the vibrancy that you can! You totally inspire me :) I'll play with what I have this weekend, and see what I can come up with.

2. Lora says:

Brit- You look GORGEOUS in purples, no wonder you love them soo much! I like how purple pumps doubles as an eyeliner and base, it looks gorgeouss. :) I'm not too keen on matte nails, but I've been thinking about trying Diamond cosmetics for awhile now. I have to admit I'm not too big of a fan of online ordering though. :P I was wondering if you could do a review on YSL's Volume Effects Faux Cils mascara, I've heard some really good things about it!

3. Mama Mish Mash says:

Purple looks pretty on you, no wonder you love them!! Loving the Color Club polish…I don't quite get matte polish though…I like my nails super shiny.

4. B says:

Hyzenthlay—> I know…when it comes to mattes you either love 'em or hate 'em. I'll choose a holographic polish over a matte any day! Vibrancy works on any skintone, darling. A nice strong base is the key. Play around this weekend and let me know what you come up with. :)

Lora—> Aww, thank you so much! Yesss, that is the BEST thing about gel liners. They can be liners AND bases. Lemme tell you something, Diamond Cosmetics is a pleasure to order from. Trust me on this. This coming from someone who neeever liked ordering online. And you know what? I think I'm going to check out that YSL mascara. I think it's a sign. You're the 7th person who asked me to review it. I'm on it!

Mama Mish Mash—> Thanks sis! I looooove purples. And yep, mattes take some gettin' used to. :)

5. gio says:

I lov purples and they look gorgeous on you! Both nail polishes are very pretty, esp the Color Club one.

6. Askmewhats says:

my girl B! you can seriously rock the purples!!!! You look HOT

7. Amethyst says:

Whoa, I love the eyes and the nails! Matte polishes look so cool to me, though I've never tried them.

Purple is definitely one of my favorite colors, and I think it looks awesome on you :)

8. yummy411 says:

purple is regal and fun! that's why i love it! it looks great on you! that color club is hot! but the blingiest, sparkly delicious polish is the nina pro purple-xing polish i'm STILL wearing lol!!

9. Denny says:

This confirms it, I just love purple. It looks excellent on you (even with your specs)! I love the color club polish as well. Nice job.

10. Evie says:

Love the purples – actually, I've been obsessing about purple nail polishes lately, reviewing them like a mad woman! Glad I read your post – I wasn't familiar with Colors. Now I'll just have to get it! :)

11. The Beautifier says:

Oh wow! I really love the purple on eyes and nails! Such a pretty look xoxo

12. Sophia says:

Love the color on you

13. yours truly says:

purple fiend signing in. :D not that big of a matte fan either but for some reason i LOVE that essie colour. hell all the polishes. nice features.

14. Aleena says:

bee, i'd also love to see that popular ysl mascara reviewed. it's good it's on your radar!

15. Nikia says:

I totally agree! Purple is my go to color for everything. There's an OPI polish from the Espana collection you would love called Pamploma Purple (sp?) Go for it!

16. juvenescent says:

Love the purple eyes. So hot.

17. Z.Kay Walker says:

Love that matte polish. i need that in my life right now.