FOTD Friday: Make Up For Ever, I Love Forever!

| December 11, 2009 | 14 Comments

Have I ever told y’all how much I love Make Up For Ever? Their eye shadows are impeccable. Amazing. Phenomenal. They rock beyond belief. They only thing stopping me from indulging in more of their products is the hefty price tag. It’s tough to give up $19 a shadow…even if they are are all that and a bag of pita chips. If it weren’t for the discounts at The Makeup Show NYC, I’m not sure if I would be able to play around with MUFE as much.

Whaaat? I’m being honest. Y’all know I’m a bit frugalista.

I decided to play around with some pinks. It took me awhile to warm up to pinks. I didn’t think they could work well on brown skin. How gorgeous are these?

And some swatches….

Oh yeah, MUFE…you got it goin’ on and you know it. I was rushing for work and didn’t have much time to really pack on the color like I wanted to. I called in another color to help me out.

I really wish MUFE had names for their colors. They go by numbers and since mine sit in a palette and I didn’t think to mark them before placing them in the palette. I don’t even much know what is what. Ahhh well…

My first few attempts with dealing with the mattes had me struggling.

I tweaked it a bit and tried to make it work appropriate and neat. I also played around with some liquid liner (gulp) and did a cat eye. Haven’t done one of those in for-ev-er!

FACE:
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45
MAC Sweet As Cocoa blush
(same ole’ same ole’…if my skin likes it, so do I!)

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Hip cream paint in Witty

NARS Edie e/s
NARS Albatross highlighter
4 ‘unknown’ Make Up For Ever e/s
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero
Iman Cosmetics Luxury Liquid eyeliner in Onyx
Diorshow mascara in Plum

LIPS:
MAC Lip liner in Chestnut (brown girl classic, right? lol)
Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Nearly There
Maybelline ColorSensational lipgloss in Broadway Bronze

I mean….I don’t know. I’m not 100% feeling this look. I definitely could have spent more time blending and packing on the color for high intensity color payoff. MUFE shadows really aren’t for the weak. You have to bring your A game if you blame on rollin’ with these top dawgs.

I’ve learned my lesson. Still love you, MUFE! And we shall meet again. More preferably on a weekend when I can be all free and uninhibited.

Any of ya’ll dabble in Make Up For Ever?

Love ‘em? Hate ‘em?

Have an awesome weekend,

Iman Cosmetics liquid eyeliner and Maybelline ColorSensational products were provided to us for post consideration by PR representatives. Read our disclosure policy here

Tags:

Category: FOTD Friday

1. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

You know I had to post on the beautiful-ness that is the FOTD! And you are rocking my favorite colors. Now that I can get pink to show up pink and not look like ashy white by the end of the day…I rock it hard!

I love'em!!!! And you!!!

2. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

I love'em!!!! And you!!!

3. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

I love'em!!!! And you!!!

4. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

I love'em!!!! And you!!!

5. nilla cookie says:

I actually really like the pink!! Nice change of scenery while we're in cold weather, ya know?

Hope all is well, B!

6. Askmewhats says:

you look gorgeous! Girl! you can wear any color I swear!

7. kukaberry says:

Oooh look at you blending! lol I am still working on that skill.

8. Krasey Beauty says:

Make Up For Ever, helloooooo lover. Haha, you know I had to comment on your beautiful fotd using my love. Beautiful look my darling!

9. Amina says:

I Looove me some MUFE too. Those pinks are gorgeous

10. Lish says:

Looking good B!

11. NubianLockedPrincess says:

Love it! I see you love MAC`s sweet as cocoa too! I have been trying to find that color in a drugstore brand. NO luck! I love the blush. I have several stored away just incase MAC gets stupid and decides to d/c the color!

12. LiAnn - Sparklecrack Central says:

I mostly use their Star Powders and Flash Colors, not their pressed-pan shadows (though some of them look gorgeous, I'm a loose-powder kind of gal.) But I love the MUFE products I have!!

13. GreenEyedArtist says:

LOVE the dramatic eye! :)

14. Tysh says:

Nice colors, after the makeup show I refused to buy MUFE from Sephora paying $19.00, but now I have a 40%discount, YIPPIE!!!!