I’m on vacation!

| June 24, 2010 | 10 Comments

It’s the time again…I’m going on a vacation. It’s a family vacation to Washington, D.C. We usually go to some tropical island so this is a different change. Posts will be slow but if you want all of the details of my trip, you can follow me on Twitter and my travel blog.

Ciao bellas!

Tags:

Category: Life and Living

1. Elle says:

Nice! I wish my family took fam vacays during the summer, but then again we never did growing up =( But I did take my summer vacay here last year and had a ball. We stayed a week and I swear it was the fastest week of my life. It was cool to show my babe all of the historical sites and be a tourist in another state, ha! Being from FL there are tourist everywhere so it was nice to turn into one for a week. Also loved all the public transportation and free stuff to do.

2. Ms. Lisa says:

You're in my town. Looks like you brought the heat with you :) Enjoy the city. It has LOTS to offer. And shame on you for not knowing that we had a baseball team. Go Nats! If you get a chance, try to make it to the National Harbor (about 15 minutes outside the city…you should be able to take a water taxi from Water Street, SW) and the Inner Harbor (30-40min) in Baltimore.

3. Umm Amirah says:

Oh wow a true change of pace. The Chocolate city..hmmm

Places to EAT:
    Founding farmer (GWU Metro)
    Cake Love (U street and Silver spring Metro)
    Mama Ayesha's (woodly park)
    Mr. Chens-organic chinese (woodly park)
    anywhere on 18th street (world fair)
    Red Velvete Cupcakes- 7th street (Verizon center)
    Ketchup (National Harbor)

Places to Visit:
    Smithsonian- Shackler museum, Natural history
    The Spy Museum
    The Newseum
    Georgetown (New Apple store)
    Pentagon City ( Metro station)
    The Washiongton Monument (get tickets prior)
    The Botanical Gardens
    Senate tour (contact your FL Sentators)
    The White House (near my job)

Take lots of Pics and stay hydrated

4. Redbonegirl97 says:

I need to head to DC and see friends. I haven't been there in almost 20 years.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

5. Charlotte says:

Oh DC, my favorite city!!!

Have a blast and stay cool…it can get HOT really fast.

The Smithsonian of Natural History is amazing and a favorite and even though it's not super luxe it's a family tradition to always go to Phillip's Flagship for the seafood buffet!!!

:-D

6. Angelica says:

My hometown!! Place of birth and favorite city!! have fun:)

7. LA Beauty BEAT says:

I live here. All the comments gave great advice. Try out Eatonville, Busboys and Poets and the Newseum. Hopefully it will off a little. If you get a break tweet me and we can meet up.

8. Askmewhats says:

sweet B! Enjoy your vacation! You deserve this!

9. CY♥ says:

you're in my areaaaaaaa!!!!!! maybe we'll see each other?! HA! enjoy it & stay COOL cuz its HOT!!

10. Bali villas says:

enjoy your holiday..wish i can be there like you…