Last night on Facebook, I declared this week as Green Week! For the rest of this week, all of my reviews will be of eco-friendly, vegan, vegetarian and paraben free products. Buuuuut I also wanted to show you cool cats some of my favorite non-beauty products that I use on a regular.
Starting with two of my best friends.
My 64 oz jug and apple cider vinegar.
I stopped buying bottled water some time ago. My apartment complex did not have a place where I could recycle the bottles. I felt bad trashing bottle after bottle daily! And so I opted to take the same jug of water with me to work every day. It saves me money and now I don’t feel so craptastic about trashing bottles of water. And I get my daily water intake!
I pour a capful of apple cider vinegar in my water as a habit now. Many moons ago, I read about its health benefits and while I can’t say it has significantly changed anything for me, I actually like how my water tastes with a bit of ACV in it.
And then there are my cleaning products.
I’ve raved about castile soap and while that is my primary cleaner of choice (that and baking soda), I like to use natural dish liquid and Borax for my laundry. Mama Clumps always used Borax and that has always stuck with me. You would be surprised at how much cleaner and brighter your clothes come out with just a scoop of that stuff.
And then there’s food. While I don’t call myself a vegan or vegetarian, most of my meal options are meat-free and lactose free. There are few times when I eat chicken and turkey but I find myself happier with my eating lifestyle when I don’t stay on strict don’t eat this and don’t eat that diets.
1. Took me forever to start purchasing organic eggs. They are almost 4x more expensive than conventional eggs. But with all of the news surrounding eggs these days, I have no problem spending the extra money.
2. Stainless steel weekend water bottle. I carry it with me to stay hydrated and prevent me from buying water bottles.
3. Silk Pure Almond almond milk. A super creamy almond milk that is perfect for smoothies.
4. Earth Balance makes the best vegan spread. Buttery taste without the lactose. Yesss!
5. I buy 2 of these a week. The Spring Mix is my favorite. It is chockfull of arugula. Delicious!
6. Earth Balance peanut butter. Another vegan and lactose free creation.
7. Organic sweet potatoes. I eat at least 4 a week. I am obsessed with them. I even made a vegan sweet potato pie once.
8. Almond Breeze almond milk. I use this milk for cereal and dipping ginger snaps in.
9. Organic bananas. For my smoothies.
10. I saved the best for last. GREEN SMOOTHIE! I drink one a day. It’s a way of life. See my post dedicated to them here.
Do you have any green non-beauty products that you use on a regular?