Brown and Blushin’: NYX Tango Bronzer Powder

| October 12, 2010 | 13 Comments

Here in the great state of Florida (or Flo’duh if you’ve got that Southern draw..:p) it is still practically summer time. Sure the heat index has gone down a bit and the humidity isn’t at 100% anymore but we are still hitting 80′s and 90′s in Central Florida. So while bronzers are typically used during the summer time, I have found one that I’m going to be sporting during the Fall and Winter.

‘Nuff said, uh? That bad boy is gorgeous! Hit the jump to get the deets.

NYX Cosmetics is one of my favorite high quality and affordable brands. I am forever recommending their products to make-up newbies. They simply…work! And you won’t break the bank either. “When A Leopard Gets A Tan” is one of those products that you’ll probably end up buying because it is just so friggin’ pretty.

And yes, after a few swipes, you’ll end up wiping away the cute leopard print. Not all is lost though because the bronzer, dark brown and pink still manage to meet leaving you with a gorgeous glow.

And on the cheeks…

Headband & bangle from Quelly Rue Designs on Etsy.com

At $16, they are a bit steep for NYX but I dare you to tell me that print isn’t making you swoon. Hmm mmmm…you ain’t got to lie, girlfriend. ;) Check out some of the other Tango Bronzer powders. I think I want them all. But I’m greedy like that.

XOXO,

This review contains a sample product sent for post consideration. Read our disclosure policy here.

Tags: , ,

Category: Brown & Blushin', Uncategorized

1. Antithesis says:

first, ur headband and bracelet is cute. second, that nyx thing looks very similar to something too faced has. how do they compare? i agree that $16 is sorta steep for nyx so i may just shell out whatever too faced is asking for.

• Brittany says:

Thanks darlin’! Haven’t tried the one from Too Faced. In fact, I haven’t tried any of their products in a whiiiile. Hmmm….

2. I’m feeling this yes. I don’t think $16 is expensive at all but then again I live in New York right? If this lasts a while then it will be worth the $16 no?

3. Joanne_ says:

not really feeling this AT ALL….it looks kinda ashy, B. :/ it could just be me

• Brittany says:

I like it. I think it leaves a nice little glow a pop of color to my cheeks. Thanks for your honesty. I think. LOL!

4. gio says:

The bronzer looks very pretty but the price is putting me off a bit. $16 is quite expensive for NYX.

5. Farrah says:

Britt, it looks great on you:) i agree it does add a little glow:)
    where can i find NYX Cosmetics at here in the Burg??

• Brittany says:

Okay, which Burg? Is that Pittsburg or St. Petersburg, FL? Hahaaaa! I know some drugstores (not CVS, Rite-Aid or Walgreens…but Longs) carry NYX. But you can’t fail by going to Ulta. They have a great selection of NYX stuffs.

• Farrah says:

St Peterbsurg, Florida:) my bad!!!
        Ulta is like a 45 min drive from me:( but if that’s the only place i can go then here i come Citrus Park!!!

• Brittany says:

I love Citrus Park mall. That’s in Brandon, right? There isn’t an Ulta in or near West Shore? When I lived in Tampa, the Ulta I went was in Wesley Chapel. But that’s waaaaay too far from you.

6. Jackie says:

OMG that looks similar th the Too Faced Leopard pink bronzer! The only difference is that the too faced one has a little more gold shimmer but it gives the same glow! Can i say…more moolah in my pocket..? SCORE! I’m going to use that for homecoming then :) Hey B,can you do a glam tutorial for homecoming? Alot of people are having homecoming this month and we’d all appreciate it :D

• Brittany says:

My mentee is going to Homecoming in a few weeks. Maybe she’ll let me use her as a model. Hmmm….thanks for the awesome idea !