FOTD Friday: Green/red Christmas-y eyes

| December 17, 2010 | 20 Comments

Yes, I had to do it. I haven’t done a red and green eye since 2007. It was back when I was living in Los Angeles and I was going through that “dramatic make-up only” stage. And it was also before I understood the art of blending. Womp. I think I’ve got it down now.

I started the look off with applying NYX’s Milk jumbo pencil all over both lids.

One of my YouTube peeps told me that the Cottage Cheese liner was even better than Milk. Have y’all tried it? Totally adding it to my Want list. Today’s red eye shadow is brought to you by the world’s most beautiful red eye shadow ever.

Yes, I know. Isn’t it lovely? I’ve featured it before (check out this FOTD). I wanted it to be as red as possible so I packed it on as much as I could.

But I also wanted it to compliment my face without looking a little too dramatic. NARS Edie eye shadow and NARS Albatross helped me soften the eye space without muting the red.

Score! Then I added a bit of hunter green eye shadow from my Coastal Scents palette and some liner.

Oh! And Maybelline’s newest mascara. Which looks a lot like Colossal and the Falsies, uh?

Topped the lips off with COVERGIRL’s Cherry Bomb and away I went!

I know. I’m so mature. :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Tags: , , , ,

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Alexa says:

This looks great!!! Are you doing a review on that new mascara????!!! :D

2. gio says:

That’s a beautiful look! Red eyeshadow looks great on you!

3. Stacy says:

That looks great! Do you have the Wet n Wild holiday palette (Night Elf) that has the red shadow? I’m going to try and bust out a Christmas look with it. You give me so much “brown girl, I ain’t afraid of color” inspiration. :)

• Brittany says:

8O Nooo, I haven’t seen that palette but you know I’m going to check it out. Yesssss, I’m so glad to hear (er, read) that. Don’t be afraid of color!

4. That red eyeshadow is FAB!!! I NEED it in my life!

5. Lavendar says:

You look HOT B! This FOTD made me think of Slick Rick…don’t ask me why. LOL All of could think of was, “Knock em out the box B, knock em out B!” LOLOL

6. Trice says:

Great look! I love how you softened the red. The cottage cheese jumbo pencil is good it is more of a shimmer/frost while milk is a matte. I prefer milk out of the two.

7. lydia wilson says:

This is sooooo pretty!!! Whodathunkit..red eyeshadow..hmmmm
    very nice!!

8. Jen says:

You look great! Awesome look :)

9. Adrienne says:

As always you inspire me to be daring with color. One day I’ll graduate from eyeliner and mascara.

10. I love the way this came out. I’m going to play around with my red and green shadows for a similar festive look.

11. Theresa Hughes says:

your eyes are so beautiful it’s inspiring me to start back wearing makeup. You do it beautifully.