Canus Goat’s Milk Soap rocks!

| December 21, 2010 | 12 Comments

I’ve been meaning to share with y’all the soap that has replaced every single one of my body washes. It takes something special to make this body wash-obsessed girl go from having several bottles in the shower to eliminating them all to sticking with just one lowly bar of soap.

Goat’s milk soap is mutha cluckin’ jump off!

I mean, honestly…aside from absolutely loving the way this stuff smells, it doesn’t make my skin flare-up. Winter (or cooler summer as Floridians like to call it) tends to send my eczema and dermatitis in overdrive. Even my most gentlest shower gels seemed to leave me drier and my skin more irritated.

That is, until a friend of mine introduced me to the glory that is goat milk’s soap.

My skin absolutely loves it. The fragrance is to die for though. I can’t put my finger on it but it has an earthy fragrance to it. And despite there being some Parfum in the ingredients, there doesn’t seem to be enough to make my super-sensitive skin go haywire.

Thank goodness. And I don’t know how they do it but one bar of goat’s milk soap can last for months! I’m not kidding. I ended up loosing my last bar between travels but it was barely getting small after a good four months. Four months!!

I also use the bar as a shampoo for my hair and on my face as well. It gives such a rich and generous lather. And if I could, I’d dilute it into a liquid and see how it works as a laundry detergent. And it’s super cheap too. I can get a 3-pack for less than $6 from my favorite natural e-tailer Internatural. And I’ve seen a few bars of the lavender version of this soap at Whole Foods.

This stuff rocks. And I have officially converted to a bar soap bather. Bye bye, body washes!

Do you use bar soaps over body washes? And have you ever tried goat’s milk soap before?

Tags: ,

Category: Body

1. Mimsii says:

That soap sounds absolutely divine!

2. Silva says:

I only use body washes, but this sounds real good.

3. Goody says:

hmmm…i have used a goats milk body lotion and we have a lot of shows here where individuals and small farms sell products so i have used a goats milk soap but it wasnt a “brand” name.

i might have to try this one since i can readily get it online because i am always working to combat dryness in the winter.

4. Elaine Kwan says:

My friend introduced me to goat’s milk soap and I got a gift as it. It’s homemade soap, smells super good, and love it!

5. Kym says:

This sounds like a great buy. Since I’m not going home for the holidays, I guess ill have to get my mommy to bring me some more stuff from whole foods. Heehee. I’m blaming you Brit, as I’ve already had her go twice for hair products. ;-)

6. Madison says:

I have some goat milk soaps and lotions and aftershave that a family friend gave my mom, and they are great! And by the way, goats say “MAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” hahaha :)

7. dasia says:

I love bar soaps, they may not last as long as body washes, but their much more affordable. I haven’t tried the goat milk soap, but I’ll add it to my list. I have very sensitive skin and a lot of those commercial soaps make me itch like crazy. Have you ever tried Nubian heritage? I use the mango Shea butter one, it smells great, and it’s very moisturizing!

8. KJ says:

I also have sensitive skin and am a bar soap lover. I’ve seen goat’s milk soap before but haven’t tried any. The Kiss My Face line of all natural soaps (made w/olive oil) is great, I’ve tried a few of them and my favorite is the olive&aloe bar. In the summer I don’t even need to use lotion/body moisturizer (even on heels/knees/elbows), but I use shea butter for that extra-oomph! And right now, in the winter, using the soap and shea, my skin is moisturized and smooth. I love using natural products and am glad you found one that works so well for you.