Amor de Lacquer: Valentine’s Day nails

| February 9, 2011 | 25 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

Who wants some Valentine’s Day nails? Don’t front, my sister. You know you’ve been waiting until Valentine’s Day season to rock some pink nails. I kid, I kid. While most of us nail polish lovers don’t need to wait on a holiday to rock certain nail colors, I love going over the top when holidays pop up.

And so…how appropriate are these pink polishes from Sinful Colors?

But the best thing about these polishes? They are only $1.99? Ohhhh yeah!

I had  Sinful Colors on my radar years ago. Back when I worked at Walgrens as an Assistant Manager/photo tech/beauty advisor/regular cashier (don’t ask), I would stock these affordable kiddos. And every now and then, they would go on sale. Buy 1 polish for $1.99 and get another one free? Girl, yeah… I slowly built my nail polish collection with good ole’ Sinful Colors. To be so cheap, they are a GREAT brand of polish. Aside from being Big 3 Free, they also apply flawlessly. These 3 girls, I’m thinkin’, will make for great Valentine’s Day manicures. I used two coats for each polish.

Beautiful Girl

Described as a classic ballerina with a flirty finish, I topped this girl off with a few hearts from Nicole by OPI’s Spring Romance.

Pink Forever

This is what comes to mind when I think of Barbie pink. It’s rare that I wear pink polishes but I am lovin’ this one.

Scandal

I am lovin’ the finish on this one. It’s a jelly! And while I’ve never been a fan of corals,  I can get down with Scandal.

You can order these polishes and their siblings at SinfulColors.com for $2.50/bottle but I totally recommend searching for them at your neighborhood Walgreens.

Sinful Colors rocks so hard yo.

Tags: , , ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. Amour says:

B, these colors are so pretty. I’m going to have to get thee to a Walgreens and pick these up for sure. Thanks hun and blessings.

2. Elizabeth D. says:

Ooh! I am loving the scandalous color because I am a BIG fan of coral nail polish :)

I am definitely going to check these out as I am going through a nail polish phase right now… haha.

By the way, were these done with 2 coats? The pigmentation looks amazing!

3. Lavendar says:

Pink and hearts…..just too cute! You’ve inspired me to try something a little different this V-day.

4. Toya says:

Loveeeee these polishes! And being the cheapy that I am, I love that they are only $2.50 a bottle. Does the polish chip rather quickly? Also was this done with 2 coats?

5. Hi Brittany-

I love the Scandal color. The other 2 look a little washed out lol

My daughter would love those little hearts even though she had better not have a valentine!

6. gio says:

Scandal and Pink Forever look gorgeous!

7. Nessa says:

Hey B!
    I used to be a cashier/night cosmetics at Wags back in the day too! I bought so much makeup, but I think I buy more now :)
    I had the old sinful bottles that were just plain round. Don’t know what happened to them though…

8. MoYou says:

Hmm…I can’t say I’m a big fan of these colours.

9. Shan says:

Love the colors B. What top and base coats do you use for your nails? Do you have any drug store suggestions?

10. Taylor says:

i bought the beautiful girl today! LOVE IT but they were out of pink forever which is the one i wanted lol oh well on to the next walgreens tomorrow

11. Brittany says:

OMG I know EXACTLY where your coming from with that “Assistant Manager/photo tech/beauty advisor/regular cashier” comment. I used to be the photo tech/pharmacy tech/ cosmetics attendant/regular cashier. LOL
    Anyhow, I always wondered if Sinful Colors was any good. I’m going to have to pick a few of these up. How do they do when it comes to chipping? It probably really doesn’t matter. Everything seems to cheap on my nails.

• Brittany says:

Haha, so many ladies were former Walgreens employees. I see 10!!! (inside joke) I think they do okay with no chipping after a day. Then again, I always depend on a top coat to give me that extra protection.

12. StyleFree says:

I have a few polishes from Sinful Colors and I love them too. They are a little thick for me but if I add some polish thinner they’re perfect

13. Tina Renee says:

They all look gorgeous! The last one looks spectacular on you!