Sweaty Betty’s Use Certain Dri

| March 10, 2011 | 17 Comments

Y’all know I keep it real. I mean…I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t. And so here it is.

I sweat profusely.  I know, I know. It’s so unsexy but it’s one of those genes that I blame on one of my parents. And I’m not saying which one. 8)

And so that’s the bad news. The good news is that I found something that can help!

…and this coming from a skeptic.

I’ve seen Certain Dri in stores before but never gave it a second glance. Recently I’ve been taking it for a test drive for the past few months and girlfriends…this stuff works! Its goal? To simply stop excessive sweating. There aren’t any tricks to it.

It isn’t overly-scented and goes on the same way that you would put on a traditional deodorant. You apply it at night before bed and in the morning, you simply apply your regular deodorant. POW! While I still sweated like a beast during my work-outs, I was surprised at how dry my pits would be throughout the day. I’ve always been one of those ladies who would often sweat up their blouses. And that’s just from walking to and from the car in the Florida sun. I haven’t had that issue since I’ve been using this.

And that’s just so freaking awesome. I did a search on Certain Dri and found that most of the reviews on it are positive. It came with directions.

And it covered all of those FAQ’s like “How often do I use it?” and “When should I use it?”

I’m a believer. My pits thank you, Certain Dri. I’m almost positive that you can snag it at most drugstores. If you’re having a hard time finding it, it is also available at Drugstore.com.

Don’t be ‘shame, girlfriend. Us sweaty Betty’s need to stick together. ;)

Tags:

Category: Body

1. Antithesis says:

what had you been using? i currently use mitchum but ive used certain dri before. ive only seen the roll-on in stores but i’d be interested in the solid version. the roll-on is too strong for me.

• Brittany says:

I used to try the all-natural aluminum free deodorants but they did NOTHING for me when when it came to sweat protection and keeping the funk at bay. And so now I use whatever is on sale. Secret, Degree, Dove, Speed Stick.

2. Danyelle says:

Lol “Sweaty Betty” says “my pits thank you”! Too funny, got to keep those axillae dry!

3. Christine says:

looooove certain dri <3
    i find that if you put too much of the solid on it balls up under your arms :/
    and the roll on can burn for the first few minutes. but the results are amazing!

4. Chai says:

*sigh* I sadly fall into the same category and have been trying EVERYTHING to help the problem. I hated having to purchase the advanced deodorants from Secret & Degree, but those have been the only ones that work (somewhat..) really anxious to try this now, thanks for the review;)

5. Jen says:

I need to try this! In the summer all I do is sweat, sweat, sweat and my shirts show it and it’s awful. Definitely going to check this out.

6. Morgan says:

Thanks for this! My pits are the same way. Even when its cold outside they can sweat profusely smh. I even tried deodorant for men and that did nothing. Im definitely going to try this

7. Jeni says:

I sweat a lot too and have tried probably 20+ different deodorants so far. Originally I got the liquid roll-on Certain Dri but that just made me feel even sweatier. I have this solid version, and it does seem to work better than most of my other deodorants. I haven’t been using it lately, but I can’t remember why. It’s time to see if I still have it.

8. Giselle says:

You’re so lucky it worked for you! I’ve used all those prescription strength ones out there, including Certain Dri…but no luck yet :(

9. tia says:

Im a sweater too and living in New Orleans in the summer months the heat and humidity are awful. I have tried everything but find that Mitchum Smartsolid works. I don’t like the feel of their gel deodarant and find that the smart solid feels better under the arms. Most stores in my area have stopped selling it but walgreens, CVS, and riteaid still do. Since its almost $5 a pop I stalk the sale papers for when its on sale. If this ever stops working for me I will be sure to try Certain Dri

10. Melanie says:

I definitely know what you mean. I’m always on the lookout for something that keeps me dry. I tried the certain dri roll on , but it didn’t work the way I hoped it would. I’m using arm and hammer ultra max and it’s been pretty good so far, let’s see if it holds up for summer!