Johnson’s Challenge: Using baby oil as a makeup remover

| March 18, 2011 | 21 Comments

I think this may be the one trick that lot of ladies are familiar with. You’ve tried this, haven’t you? I think baby oil works great for removing eyeliner and mascara.

And you’re not only removing the makeup but you’re moisturizing the area below the eyes as well. Hollers!

Who else uses baby oil to remove makeup?

Tags: , , ,

Category: Body, Eyes

1. erica says:

I use Vaseline…never tried baby oil.

2. Tanay says:

I’ve used baby oil as an eye make-up remover for years. It’s cheap and works great. Mineral oil (baby oil minus the fragrance) is the main ingredient in most comerical make-up removers. Baby oil also works for those stubborn waterproof formulas too!

3. Alice says:

I’ve tried (and liked) Vaseline but never baby oil.

Alice
    Alice in Nappyland

4. Traci Lynne says:

I’ve used it and…… WHAT is that on your fingernail???? Too cute!

5. Yasmin says:

Hmm I’ve never tried this! I’m kinda afraid to haha. I’ve come across a few makeup removing products that make my face swell :(

• Brittany says:

If you’ve got super sensitive skin, I’d recommend asking your dermatologist if it’s okay to use before you try. We don’t want your face swelling. :(

6. Melissa says:

I’ve used baby oil to clean oil paints out of my paint brushes. I would imagine it would be a fantastic (and cheap!) way to remove eyeliner/mascara.

Will have to try.

7. Lisalis says:

Haven’t had any luck with this. Both baby oil and vaseline get rid of the eye makeup but I ALWAYS end up with red eyes the next day. Both baby oil and vaseline are derived from mineral oil which I know clogs my facial pores. Don’t want to clog anything near my eyes. I use Cetaphil or olive oil.

• Brittany says:

Gotta use what works and if baby oil and vaseline are irritating, it’s good to see that you’ve found something that works.

8. Michele says:

I never tried baby oil. But just this morning, I had some sesame oil, from my oil pulling days, that I used to remove some mascara and voila!! It worked!!

9. Ashley says:

I’m soooo getting that nail design! I couldn’t even pay attention to the post because I was mesmerized!

10. Cinnie says:

I used to use it but it ends up making grease spots on my pillowcases when I go to bed soon after. I now use Almay oil-free makeup remover thingies (the moistened circles) and those work great, plus don’t wreck my linens :P

11. Parris says:

I use baby wipes to take off makeup