My Top 10 Favorite Drugstore Make Up Brands

| April 8, 2011 | 23 Comments

I get this question a lot and so I decided to turn it into a post. Hit the jump to see my top favorite makeup brands.

1. IMAN Cosmetics

They’ve got the best foundations for brown girls at a drugstore price.

2. E.L.F. Cosmetics

I was always skeptical about them because the prices were SUPER affordable, but after reviewing a few products, I can confirm that E.L.F. is one of the best brands for ladies new to makeup.

3. Milani Cosmetics

They will always be one of my favorite brands. They consistently come out with products that have me runnin’ to Walgreens. Remember Lip Flash pencils? Oh baby..

4. N.Y.X

Those jumbo eye pencils rock my world. They have SO many products. You can really build a collection for under $50 and get more than enough. And how cute is this bronzer?

5. Maybelline

Because they make some of the best drugstore mascaras. Their shadows and lippies are some kind of awesomeness too.

6. COVERGIRL

Kudos to a mainstream brand coming out with products suited for brown girls. COVERGIRL Queen rocks my socks. And I’ve got the lip colors to prove it.

7. Physicians Formula

They are one of the few drugstore and green cosmetics lines on the market. While their line is heavy in the foundation, bronzer and (happy) blush department, lately they have been wow-ing me with cool mascaras, liners and palettes.

8. Wet ‘N Wild

Known for being incredibly cheap, Wet ‘N Wild has me lovin’ them all over again. I always loved their lip glosses as a teenager and they have REALLY stepped their game up since then. Those eyeshadow trios of theirs are pretty epic.

9. Black Opal

Another stellar drugstore brand for brown girls. They have a great foundation shades and some of the best eye shadow palettes on the market.

10. NYC New York Color

Another brand that has been wow-ing me. Their eye shadow duo’s and the lip stains are ridiculously affordable and give excellent payoff.

Honorable Mentions:

Rimmel, Max Factor (I SO wish they were back in the U.S.), Jordana, Essence of Beauty and L’Oreal

What brands are your favs?

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Eyes

1. NikiD40 says:

Wow, Revlon gets no love from Miss B? I am shocked.

• Brittany says:

Yeeeeah, I haven’t really been in love with Revlon lately. Their mascaras are pretty awful. Their lippes are pretty and so-so but I don’t know…they kinda bore me. Their polishes are decent though.

2. Ishah says:

Coming to the US from Australia, I am just discovering some of the drugstore beauty brands here and I have to say, I love Milani and e.l.f.! Wet n Wild are great for polishes, but I had a bad experience with one of their lipsticks.. I’ve heard great things about the eye palettes though, I’ll have to check them out ;)

3. Alice says:

Prestige is great for liquid eyeliner. And I ADORE NYX lipglosses, pigmented and non-sticky what more can I ask for?

Alice
    Alice in Nappyland

4. I actually like all the drugstore brands U mentioned! Especially NYX and Milani…..Thnx for sharing this with us,greatly appreciated!

5. Zakiya says:

Love, Love, Love your blog. I agree with all of your points with one exception…L’Oreal (or their HIP line)…love the shadows and liners in this line because of the serious color pay off. Thank you for both of your blogs. Simply the best!

6. Cara says:

Love Physician’s Formula! Their mascara is all kinds of awesome. Maybelline lippies are equally amazing too!

Not sure if this counts as its not really makeup, but I love the whole Yes to Carrots line!

7. victoria says:

I’m currently loving my Maybelline Mocha Motion Quad for an everyday smoky eye.
    Will definitely be trying a few NYX single shadows next!
    My ELF Defining Eye Brush is my fave and I will be trying ELF’s Studio Line Brushes next.

I regret not stocking up on Max Factor though, took it for granted and now it’s gone from U.S. drugstores…

8. tricia says:

Nyx is not a drugstore store brand…..

9. Melanie says:

Soooooo I’m going to co-sign every brand listed. There’s nothing like spinning around in the aisles of CVS & Walgreens and stumbling upon these inexpensive gems. I swear by NYC & Wet n Wild lippies. I always get, “ooo what a nice color! Is that [insert MAC lipstick color here]?
    I also loooove blushes from Black Radiance & Milani.

10. Kimberly says:

What about Hard Candy? Elf is definitely my favourite! But my Target is rarely stocked with any Elf products… boo! Have you tried the creme blushes and tinted moisturizer from their Studio line? Review please??