black|Up Cosmetics mono eyeshadow and pearl powder

| April 15, 2011 | 20 Comments

I just knew I was going to fall in love with black|Up’s shadows. The brochure had me at hello and the stunning photos on the website had me at “Let’s talk later.” Hit the jump to see the magic behind this gorgeous shadow and the look I created with it.

For now black|Up has 36 shadows but something tells me that they’ll be releasing more in the future. Despite the $19 price tag for each shadow, I can’t wait! I know…$19 is steep for a single eye shadow. But black|Up is a higher-end brand. Think Make Up For Ever, YSL, Chanel and Dior. And like those brands, you usually get what you pay for. And black|Up is no different.

MO 24 is stunning. Richly pigmented with this sea blue shadow won’t need much of a colored base to really pop. And then there’s PF 15.

This kid is one of 11 pearl powders. This rich violet has a bit of bronze glitter in it to really give it some extra sparkle.

Like the shadow, the pearl powder retails for $19 and is probably a better bargain since you get more product for your buck. Still, no one can knock the convenience that comes with eyeshadow application and transportation.

Either way, both the shadow and pearl pigment are high-quality and stunning. I want them allll!!! And here’s a quick look I cranked out using the shadow on the lid and the pearl powder in the crease.

Who is lovin’ what black|Up has to offer as far as shadows and pigments go?

Tags: , , ,

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Faith says:

Stunning! I love the blue. Maybe I’ll treat myself to one of the shadows for my birthday lol.

2. Crystal says:

That looks just amazing. I love that pearl powder! Wow!

3. Trina J says:

Love that sea blue! It is a very hot color right now too.

4. Kelly says:

So excited for this brand and would love to support it, but I’m rocking the phrase “its a recession” and cannot justify $19 on a single e/s. :Sighs: WIsh they were going to L.A.’s IMATs

5. Ishah says:

The colours look great on you, really pretty and pigmented :) I think it’s worth investing in SOME high end makeup, because the quality does tend to be better.

6. Cocoakeke says:

I have never heard of Blackup Cosmetics, but thanks for the intro B! Your look is AMAZING…is there a black or gray matte shadow in the mix somewhere? And what liner are you wearing? You should DEFINITELY do a YT tutorial on this look, it’s smoking!

• Brittany says:

I don’t think they have a gray matte but that would be got!! I’ll do a tutorial and video review of black|Up.

7. Hailey says:

The blue looks absolutely stunning! MAC eyeshadows are $17.50 in Canada so $19 doesn’t seen to bad.

8. Gianna says:

Oh my! That is some awesome pigmentation and I absolutely love the eye look you did. Gorgeous!!

9. Cinnie says:

I am IN LOVE with that lilac powder shadow, and it looks fab on you! You are way more courageous than me, I could never wear the blue. But it too looks amazing! This looks like a splendid line and I can’t wait to see more of it. If it can do awesome lippies as well, I’m sold.

• Brittany says:

It takes some time to wear blue eye shadow. It wasn’t my favorite shade when I first started wearing makeup. And stay tuned for my review of the lippies. You are going to loooove!

10. That blue is haute! I hope some of us don’t take the cheap route and settle for the 80s blue instead.