Mascara News: Volume III

| May 16, 2011 | 24 Comments

For this week’s Mascara Monday, I decided to bring back the Mascara News series. There have been quite a few discoveries and who better to share them with than the Clumps of Mascara family. And as always, if you’ve got any news as it relates to mascara, please share with us!

• Is Maybelline Pulse Perfection discontinued? Many readers are saying that they are unable to find the brand’s first vibrating mascara. I can’t imagine that it would be discontinued so quickly. It was one of Maybelline’s most popular mascaras!
  • Speaking of mascaras, have you located Maybelline Great Lash mascaras in limited edition colors?
  • Givenchy does it again when it comes to mascara innovation. DEMESURE, Audacious Lashes looks like complicated mascara. But I still can’t wait to try it!

• The news of COVERGIRL debuting a new mascara this Summer come from fellow beauty blogger Beauty Junkies Unite. In addition to revamping the formula of their Shadow Blasts, looks like COVERGIRL will also be giving us a NatureLuxe Mousse mascara. I’m excited about this one. It’ll be low on the synthetic ingredients scale and high on the volumizing factor.

• Lancôme is back with another vibrating mascara. We’ve seen the original Oscillation and Oscillation Power Booster primer, but make room for Oscillation Intensity. I’ve come to expect nothing but the best when it comes to mascaras from Lancome. I know this kid won’t be any different. I’ve got it in my possession so stay tuned for a review!

• Looks like Revlon is back with a new mascara. I, for one, am NOT excited about reviewing it. It is a well-known Clumps of Mascara fact that am not a fan of Revlon mascaras. So while I usually get excited about reviewing a new mascara, I always produce a daunting sigh when I see that Revlon has a new face to their mascara line up. Grow Luscious Plumping mascara has reared its head and despite my horrible experiences with previous mascaras from Revlon, I’m going to give this one a whirl. Wish me luck.

Did I miss anything? Are there any mascaras that you’d like for me to review? Have you fallen with one so hard that you can’t find yourself trying a new one? Or better yet…what mascara has failed you?

Let us know!

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Mascara Monday

1. csoulscribe says:

Every L’Oreal mascara I’ve tried has made my eyes itch. There is some ingredient they use that doesn’t agree with me, but I am not sure which one. I like Maybelline’s Lash Stilleto & Collosal Volume, Buxom and just bought DiorShow yesterday, so we’ll see!

• Brittany says:

Would love to know what you think about DiorShow. Although most mascara lovers it, I always found it to be a little too clumpy.

• Manda says:

Do Lancome mascaras make you itch too? since Lancome and l’Oreal are sisters… just wondering.

2. McKenna says:

Ooo can’t wait for the Nature Luxe mascara! I’ve been trying to add more green products to my beauty routine that don’t cost a good chunk of my paycheck. The Givenchy mascara looks like a lot of fun. :P

Lately I’ve been using Rimmel Lash Accelerate. It was on sale at Target and your review convinced me to buy it, and it’s working out really well!

• Brittany says:

Rimmel Lash Accelerator was one of my favorites. Loooooves it!

• Cinnie says:

I’m happy to read your thumbs-up on this one, because though I love the length and volume I get with The Falsies, I’m tired of coping with the flaking-off it does and want to try something that won’t. Will give this a try!

3. gio says:

That Givenchy mascara has a very weird wand. I’d love to try and see how well it works.

4. victoria says:

The green packaging and wand of the CG nature Luxe trumps the 80’s looking Revlon GL Plumping IMO

The Givenchy DEMESURE looks tres intriguing.

Right now Hypnose fits me like a glove and I’ve wanted to purchase another Lancome mascara so I have high hopes for Oscillation Intensity!

I really appreciate the quality of your photos in your mascara reviews. That’s how I decided to spend $24 on Hypnose and I was not disappointed!

5. Krista Smith says:

I’d love to see how the new Lash Stain by Hard Candy works (available in Walmart). Supposed to apply this stuff and not have to reapply mascara for 4 days because it stains your lashes! Hmm….

6. Samantha says:

I found the limited edition colors! Gorgeous green and teal! on 4 dollars! great deal!

7. Colored Lash Blast? I must hunt these down!

8. Maggie says:

I have lots of mascara, but everyday I just use L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes…I just love it!

9. victoria says:

btw at my local CVS Maybelline Pulse Perfection is MIA. Too bad, it seemed like one of Maybelline’s better mascaras. I’m wondering if the price point was too steep for drugstore and if it’s possibly discontinued.

10. Kelly says:

I would be interested in you reviewing the Wet n wild megalash clinical serum set that Walgreens/Rite Aid was selling. Would love to know if its an affordable lash growth tool. Also NYC (new york color) cosmetics Sky Rise or showtime mascaras.

11. joan says:

I am a mascara fanatic also and i actually came across another new one from covergirl the other day and finally tracked it down at my local walgreens. Its called Lash perfection. the brush is identical to the volume exact BUT the formal is smoother and more conditioning feeling. It did not dry hard at all. Alot of people dont know this but max factor and covergirl are the same , same as lancome is made by L’oreal, so I think they are just trying to make this new one like max factors lash perfection volume couture mascara. If u go on youtube and find maxfactors uploads you will see they even changed their line of stuff to the same color packaging as our covergirls. Their false lash effect is changed to the same blue color and packaging as our lash blast fusion. I reallyyy like the new covergirl i hope you do too!

12. joan says:

i meant formula* oops! :)