Shea Moisture: My newest obsession

| May 5, 2011 | 30 Comments

Y’all know how much I LOVE natural skincare products. While I like to review a little bit of everything, the products that my skin is most in love with are the ones with the least amount of synthetic ingredients. And even though a product may SAY it’s “natural” or “organic”, most of them are not. Except Shea Moisture.

And here’s why…

…they don’t use a DROP of fragrance in their products. Not a drop. I mean, take a look at that ingredients list. Everything is pronounce-able, uh?

I’ve heard about Shea Moisture but never really took them seriously until I found out that they were going to be at a hair show that I attended. I did some research and found out that this Black-owned company is not only sold in Walgreens and Target, but that they pretty decent prices. Before I knew it, I had purchased 3 bottles of lotion and a shampoo. I am absolutely loving the Coconut & Hibiscus lotion. It is thick, luscious, creamy and leaves me skin with a hint of fragrance.

Without being TOO overpowering, of course. I’m in love. It’s taking everything in me not snag more of their products. Any Shea Moisture lovas in the house? Check your local Target and Walgreens. They should have their products on the shelves. In the meantime, I’ll be back to report my findings. Someone take my wallet away from me.

Please.

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Skincare

1. AshAle23 says:

I LOVE Shea Moisture, it smells wonderful and does wonders on my hair. A little bit of product definitely goes a long way.

2. This is great! I love natural products, but I also love Black-owned products. I’ll def have to go buy their stuff, great post!

3. SanTara says:

I’m going to try this line again. The curl cream didn’t work well on me. I will give this lotion a try.

• Brittany says:

Haven’t tried the curl cream but then again nothing with the word “curl” is going to work for my hair. HA! But yes, give the lotions and shampoos a try.

4. TraciB says:

I love to use their hair products. I didn’t know they had products for the skin as well. I will have to check them out.

5. Shang says:

Love shea moisture! I am so obsessed with there shea butter and curl enhancing smoothie. I will definitely buy more!

6. Evie says:

I have baby locs almost 2 months and I use the Coconut & Hibiscus Hold and shine Moisture Mist daily and I also use the Shea Butter Strengthening Elixir like twice a week as a sealant. I love the way they both smell and neither weights down my hair. I have read so many positive reviews about the Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo, that will be my next purchase.

7. Chai says:

love their goodies! I’ve got my eye on their lavender line (peeked the scrub at Tarjay this week!) and more of the hair care stuff…it’s exciting to see them at so many new locations now

8. suga says:

I’ve seen them in Target for the past 2 years but was unsure if their hair products would be beneficial for my locs. Anyone know? I’d definitely support them.
    And I’ll check out their body stuff as well!

• Brittany says:

I’m pretty particular about my locs so I’m with you on that. I’d stick with the shampoo’s for now. Then again, it depends on what kind of locs you have. Mine simply can’t take any creamy products. :(

9. Branna Riddick says:

If you lovvvvvvve! natrual products, try the store lushs’ other products besides their perfume. everytime i have been in their, i lose my mind because their so much stuff i would like to buy. but to me their a little bit on the expensive side. dont cha think?

10. Cara says:

wooohoo! I just nabbed coconut and hibiscus shea butter.. LOVE IT! Its def my go-to moisturizer along with my Yes to Carrots body butter

11. Tonda says:

I just recently purchased the shampoo for dry itchy scalp and I love it! I use it on my locs and my daughters natural hair.

12. Lavendar says:

Yep! Love their stuff too. The coconut & hibiscus bar soap really does brighten and clear my skin.

13. KDJ says:

I just snagged the hair milk(I think ,you know it’s like hair lotion)
    and the curl creme(in the 12 oz jar).I plan to get the spray asap.

14. Amina says:

It is about time I try their products!! Great review :)

15. Julie says:

I found Shea Moisture at my local Target store. I am in LOVE with their Coconut & Hibiscus line! Haven’t tried any of their products for hair yet. I have lots of small locks in my hair. I’m so glad they have their products in Target though!

16. Chenoa says:

I love shea moisture :) i have one of their curl enhancing smoothies and i really like it. smells so good!

17. [...] at it again. Obsessing over Shea Moisture, that is. I went and purchased ALL of their lotions and now my radar is on their bars of [...]

18. [...] to be one of my favorite skinare brands on the market. I’ve declared my love for Shea Butter manyyyyy times so I was excited to see this bar of soap. Plus I’m having a baby. And I have eczema. Perfect [...]