Food Yum: Veggie Lovers Unite!

| May 10, 2011 | 17 Comments

I wasn’t always a vegetable lover. Which is tragic since we all know how good vegetables are for you. But since I’ve incorporating green smoothies and a pretty green lifestyle to my diet, you can’t keep me away from veggies. I try to get at least 3 servings every day. Although I do struggle on the weekends. 8)

Some days vegetables are all I crave. Hence why I ate quite the random dinner the other night.

That’s a sweet potato and edamame. Any edamame lovers in the house?

I could seriously eat these pods every day. What’s your favorite vegetable? And although it’s a veggie, I don’t really think corn counts. I mean it does but not really. ;)¬†By the way, did you know that loading up on veggies is one of the easiest ways to cut calories? If you’re dieting, give yourself a boost by snacking on your favorite vegetables, topped with clinically-proven Sensa.

Tags: , ,

Category: Food

1. mrslovelyann says:

I love edamame! I could eat them every day too. I buy them from Trader’s Joe all the time. It’s better to snack on these babies than potato chips…lol. I like to tomatoes. :) Throw a little salt on them and I’m good.

2. janel says:

i love just about any veggie there is but if i have to pick a favorite, i’d say it was corn (yeah, i know you said that it didn’t count!) i love corn and tomatoes. also love greens, cabbage, sweet potatoes, sugar snap peas, edamame, etc. a veggie junkie, yes sir! blessisngs to you!

• Brittany says:

LOL! I love corn too, Janel. Too bad it doesn’t have more nutritional value. Cabbage, OMG with some vinegar and lemon pepper? Soooo good!!

3. I’ve recently fallen in love with these! I squeeze lemon on them and they’re the best! I’d love more green living posts I definitely need some motivation (=

4. Brianna says:

I really like Artichokes! They are so good, even though you don’t get much out of them. ;)

5. Dasia says:

I love asparagus! I read that it makes your urine smell so I try not to eat it as much. I also like broccoli, spinach, and greens.

• Brittany says:

Yuuum, asparagus is so good. Especially when it’s still hard. I hate when people steam it and it gets on soft. LOL @ making the urine smell. Who knew?!

6. McKenna says:

I find it so hard to incorporate veggies in my diet. I’ve just never been a big fan of them. But I’ve tried green smoothies lately, which are awesome, and try to add even one in each meal per day. Good to know I’m not the only one that struggles with veggies!

I’ve never had edamames, but they look adorable. :D And this is random but I love your plate lol.

7. Cara says:

LOVE edamame! Sugar snap peas and artichokes and my next faves! … oh wait tomatoes too! (coincidentally, I also use the Yes to Tomatoes line…there must be a connection!)

8. nickey says:

What is the best way to prepare those?

• Brittany says:

If you buy them frozen, you can defrost them a bit and eat ‘em raw. Or you can boil them with a bit of onion and garlic; or any kind of seasonings that you may like. Delicious!

• Beth says:

I buy the steam packages in the frozen food section at my grocery store. steam them in the bag they came in, in the microwave for 4-5 min or whatever the package says——–let’em cool and good to go!

9. kia says:

yummmmm a baked sweet potato is my favorite! and the peas for some green… right on time!