Have you tried argan oil?

| September 23, 2011 | 12 Comments

Not too long ago I talked about the awesomeness that is maracuja oil. I’ve got another fascinating oil that you may not have heard about. Argan oil grows from the argan tree in Morocco and is rich in Vitamin E. Like most oils from nuts, you can use this on your nails, hair and body. It is practically odor-free and has a non-greasy consistency.

I am absolutely loving these oils. I’m going to play around with making homemade body and hair oils and use argan oil as a base.

This video gives a little more insight about how argan oil is made. And you can snag it from the website. I am usually a grapeseed, olive and jojoba oil kinda girl but I love exploring new oils.

Have you tried argan oil or products with argan oil in it?

Tags:

Category: Face

1. Justice says:

I have never even heard of it, but how can you go wrong with anything from Morocco!? Is that what “Moroccan oil” is?

2. TraciB says:

WOW! I wondered if this brand was any good! I just saw this line of argan oil is specially priced now on HauteLook until Monday morning! I’m all about saving a few pennies and wanted to pass along the link.

3. Cinnie says:

I have a bottle I have not yet used but I will give it a go. Supposed to be faboo for those of us with a head full of steel wool.

• Brittany says:

*side eyes* You’re yankin’ my chain, aren’t you, Cinnie?

• Cinnie says:

My hair is so weird. From like the ears forward, it’s mad frizzy, making it feel a lot like steel wool.

Then from the ears back, it’s loose waves, not kinky or frizzy at all. I have no idea why. I have given up trying to understand and just accept it to be yet another peculiar thing about myself :P

4. Alice says:

I’ve used products with argan oil (my concealer and shampoo both have) and I love both products. But I’m not sure if I’d use it myself because I’ve found so many other oils I like more and I can get more easily/cheaply.

Alice
    Alice in Nappyland

5. Susan says:

Hi Brittany,

I have been using argan oil from the Josie Maran Cosmetics line for about 5 weeks now, and I must say I have been pleased with the results. I haven’t had dramatic change in my complexion, but I find it moisturizing on my skin. After I apply it and allow it to soak in for a few minutes and then take a look at my skin, my skin glows in an airbrushed, soft-focus way. I find it hasn’t irritated my acne-prone skin, and honestly, I do believe in its marketed anti-inflammatory capabilities because the oil seems to reduce any inflammation I have from current acne. I won’t say it’s some miracle product, but so far, so good; it’s been good enough that I am interested in trying the line’s argan-infused SPF 40 product. I hope this helps and hope you continue to enjoy your oils! (I just found out about Maracuja oil and am interested in trying the one from Tarte Cosmetics that is an exclusive of QVC’s until November or December of this year.) :D