POLL: St. Ives Apricot Scrub…yay or nay?

| November 22, 2011 | 18 Comments

If I could list my Top 10 Beauty Staples, this kid would definitely make the cut. I’ve been using St. Ives Apricot scrub since I was a teen Clumps. I mean, who HASN’T heard of this world famous scrub? While I only use it every now and then, I can alway guarantee,  that this baby will leave my skin smooth beyond smooth. And guess what? They’ve made the formula free of parabens and phthalates.

Yea mon! And yeah, I’ll sing praises over the almighty scrub that this is, but I have to admit…it isn’t all wonderful. When my skin is super  inflamed and my pimples are too tender to touch, the Apricot Scrub isn’t the best thing to use. In fact, those with super sensitive skin should probably stick with the Gentle formula of the scrub. While it is just as effective as the Naturally Clear, it isn’t as harsh. And who doesn’t love the faint but not overpowering apricot scent?

So what do you think, darlings?

ETA: How could I forget St. Ives’ Green Tea scrub? It is definitely a gentler version of the Apricot Scrub.

Category: Body

1. Destinee says:

I have a love/hate relationship with this scrub. I love it but I have gotten it in my eyes one too many times and it KILLS my eyeballs lol
    Destinee recently blogged about (OPEN) 100 Subscriber Giveaway ft. ELF Gem Tools and Wet N’ WildMy Profile

2. Alice says:

I don’t like it! The scrubby bits were too big and scratchy for my sensitive skin!

Alice
    Alice in Nappyland
    Alice recently blogged about Hair Idol: Nathan Stewart-JarrettMy Profile

3. Kim says:

St, Ives Scrub used to be my staple back in school.. I need to check it out
    Kim recently blogged about Makeup Mondays – Sunday LunchMy Profile

4. Aprill says:

It was too harsh on my face. I still have mine but I’m a hoarder and I wont trash it, but I never use it.
    Aprill recently blogged about Daphne Guiness For MACMy Profile

5. Mary says:

Best scrub evar. n_n
    Mary recently blogged about HaiMy Profile

6. Minta says:

I personally prefer the microdermabrasion that they discontinued. Luckily I managed to stock up when I found several on clearance or I might have had to cry a little. ;)

7. Frugalista says:

I think it’s a main stay. I’ve used it for longer than I care to admit. Good stuff!
    Frugalista recently blogged about Is Christine Lagarde a Frugalista?My Profile

8. eight says:

I like it a lot, but the apricot seeds can be harsh. I want to try their Green Tea Scrub because it’s supposed to be gentler (but as effective?)

I love how inexpensive St. Ives is!
    eight recently blogged about Coming soonMy Profile

9. Lavendar says:

I must admit, I only use this for my feet and it really does the job.

10. Not sure about the blemish & blackhead control version….but my husband loves the St Ives Apricot scrub. He has used it for years!! I’ve tried it on occasion and like it to. BUT I am more interested in the green tea version you mentioned.
    Optimistic Mom recently blogged about Holidays Part 2 The Do NotsMy Profile

11. Joanna says:

Love it! I have been using forever. I sometimes add a drop of honey to it :)

12. I used it when I was young too and I scrubbed way to hard. MY face would look like plastic and then it would OVERproduce the oils I stripped it of. Now that I’m wiser (and older) I go for milder scrubs where the beads dissolve. this one doesnt and you find yourself with grains all over your skin. so “its okay” but unless you want waxy skin and LOTS of oil after your skin recovers from the “Scrub” id say past…clean and clear has an awesome scrub!
    Sherry Blossom recently blogged about PALETTE DIARIES: FOOTPRINTS: HOME OF THE FAMOUS RASTA PASTAMy Profile

13. Lorelei says:

Interesting! I have pretty sensitive skin (and so does my boyfriend) and we both use it as our daily or every-other-day face wash. I’ve been warned numerous times that it’s too harsh to use on your face but it just keeps it so clear and is just the right price (compared to other facial products I use) that I can’t give it up. Love it.
    Lorelei recently blogged about end of the seasonMy Profile

14. Anita says:

I completely agree, I find most scrubs don’t do enough for my dry flakey skin but sometimes this stuff can be a little tough. XD

15. Ambreen says:

Oh cool, I didn’t know they made it paraben & phalate free! I’m so glad cuz I’ve been thinking about reducing my chemicals lately. I prob won’t switch my make up but I’m changing over my lotions, soaps & face wash once I finish what I already have.

16. Simone says:

I say Yay! I use this a few times a week! As for the harshness… I just scrub gently. Proble
    Solved, lol.