The amazing Wet n Wild Coloricon I Heart Matte Eyeshadow palette

| February 2, 2012 | 18 Comments

Wanna hear a sad/embarrassing story? Back when I was first getting into makeup (you know…like a few years ago) I  walked into a MAC store for the first time and was totally mesmerized by their eyeshadow looks. No surprise there, right? Every artist’s eyes were flawlessly painted – almost airbrush like. Someone comes up to me and asks if they can help me and do you know what I say?

“I’d love to buy some of those airbrush eyeshadows.”

The look I received in return was something along the lines of  eek and rolleyes The “airbrush eyeshadows” I was referring to were matte eyeshadows. Duh. I didn’t even know. That said – every time I think of matte eyeshadows, I think of that totally awkward moment. Anywhoovers, how beautiful is this matte palette?

I know, right? I know! This baby isn’t new. Wet ‘n Wild released this Fall of 2011 and I am just now getting my hands on it. Good drugstore matte eyeshadows are so hard to find. The ones I’ve found have been chalky or lack the pigment good matte shadows have. But this palette? It’s alllllll that.

Sorry. I had to do it. The show comes on Teen Nick late at night and it has me all nostalgic. Gotta love growin’ up in the 90′s. Yes. Another diversion. I can’t stay focused to save my life. Bring on the swatches!

Why my camera sucks at focusing on more than one swatch at a time is beyond me. But how intense are those swatches? Retailing at $4.99, this I Love Mattes palette has everything good matte eyeshadows should have.

-Intensity
-Longevity
-Silky texture
-Build-ability (I made that work up)

These shadows feel like buttah. They apply effortlessly but of course you’ll need a nice sturdy primer to prevent them from creasing throughout the day. In fact, when I wear matte eyeshadows, I double up on bases. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and and NYX’s Milk jumbo pencil. Between those two, the matte shadows last forevs.

I love the color selection in this palette too. You’ve got the nice neutral shades and then you’ve got some shades that will add some nice pop. I loves it. I loves it a lot. So much so that I’ve been wearing the neutral mattes allllllll week.

I don’t know what it is with me and this “allllll” thing. I’m in such a silly mood. But what else is new, uh? I did spot this palette in my neighborhood Walgreens a few days ago so while it’s a few months old, you may still be able to get your hands on it.

Do matte eyeshadows not rock or what?

Tags: , , ,

Category: Eyes

1. Yasmin says:

Such a nice palette :)
    Yasmin recently blogged about Pink Glitter Zebra Print NailsMy Profile

2. lol, your story was funny…we’ve all been there and had to hide away in shame :P

i wonder if i should get the palette, i love all of their other ones.
    Vonnie (socialitedreams) recently blogged about Erykah Badu – 28 Days of Black BeautyMy Profile

3. gio says:

What a gorgeous palette! The colors are pretty and it’s good to know the quality is good too. It’s so hard to find drugstore matte eyeshadows that aren’t sheer and chalky.
    gio recently blogged about DIY Beauty: Make Your Own Cream EyeshadowMy Profile

4. Ashley says:

I just got this palette a few weeks ago. I love it! It is awesome quality for real.
    Ashley recently blogged about FOTD + OOTD: Semi-Casual FridayMy Profile

5. Vanessa says:

I’ve been noticing everyone praise Wet N Wild products….imma have to check them out.
    Vanessa recently blogged about FitnessMy Profile

6. I love matte eyeshadow! I have been keeping an eye out for this palette, but haven’t seen it, sadly.
    Emi at Project Swatch recently blogged about Project Swatch #16: Black Eyeshadow Swatches, Review, and ComparisonMy Profile

7. victoria says:

I’d buy it just for that dark brown/black definer shade! Those are my faves for a quick smokey eye!

8. T.R. says:

I have this palette and love it. Brittany have you tried the new 8 pans from Black Radiance? WnW sister from another mother…LOL

9. Dee says:

I love matte eyeshows now and those are really, really pretty. As I’ve gotten older, I’m leaning more to matte eyeshadows than all the glittery stuff.

10. Radiant J. says:

I own this particular palette and you are right! It is absolutely amazing. It’s super dee-duper pigmented. They rock!
    Radiant J. recently blogged about Before and After Pics | 6 weeksMy Profile

11. SD says:

I really want this palette but haven’t seen it in Canada yet..grrrr
    SD recently blogged about Style Crush❤……….Kourtney KardashianMy Profile

12. Joanne_ says:

I love a good matte palette! I purchased this a while ago have yet to use it, smh, silly me!

13. Page says:

Oh, I’ve been looking for this? Where did you find it? I am in California. Stumbled on you and love your site!

14. Page says:

We don’t even have Walgreens. I wish Wet n Wild had thought this one through more. I am in S. Orange county, very densely populated, but not Wet n Wild I LOVE HEART palettes here ):