3 Beauty Treatments I Realllly Want To Do

| March 16, 2012 | 14 Comments

You gals know how I am. As much as I looooove makeup, it’s really skincare that’s my first love. What comes next is a statement that I promise you’ll never hear me say (err, write) ever again. In a sense, having adult acne is a blessing because it has allowed to realize just how important my skin is. Yeah – I know. I just used “acne” and “blessing” in the same sentence. I promise this Florida heat hasn’t driven me mad.

What I mean is…I really care about my skin. Despite the adult acne, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, dermatitis, eczema and childhood scars, I really take pride in my skin. Which sounds crazy, but come on…considering it covers MOST of my body, how can I not love the skin that I’m in? Lately I’ve been dabbling around with the idea of treating my skin to luxurious treatments and I’ve narrowed down three that I want to plan to have this year.

Algae Body Treatment

Okay, I proooomise I didn’t make this one up. And I know it sounds weird and icky but if you’ve ever read a description of what an algae body treatment entails, I guarantee you, you’d be tossing your pennies over to a spa. Quite frankly, the thought of being covered in seaweed and relaxing while the seaweed goes to work to not only draw out toxins from my skin but ALSO provide moisture, sounds just divine. I’d attempt to do this at home, but honestly…how much algae can you gather from the ocean before you start to look like a creep?

Microdermabrasion

I’ve only had one facial in my entire life and while I don’t feel so inclined to have another one (it huuuurt!), I would totally do microdermabrasion. I exfoliate regularly, but microdermabrasion is like exfoliating to the 10th power. In a good way, of course. A good microdermabrasion treatment removes those dead skin cells and can reveal baby soft smooth skin for days and weeks at a time. Sign me up, yo! And while microdermabrasion can be a bit on the pricey side, I do like the fact that there are plenty of products on the market that can allow me to do microdermabrasion at home. Score! You can find a great selection of these products online, at retailers like ShopNBC.

Paraffin Wax Hand Treatment

Oooh how I’d love nothing more than super smooth hands. Unfortunately, I’m not so sure that I have ‘em. Because I find them uncomfortable, I don’t wear gloves when I lift weights at the gym aaaand so I’ve got blistered up gym hands.

Unsexy, I know. And despite my obsession of regularly moisturizing my hands, my hands still aren’t as soft as I’d like them to be. Regular dips into a tub of hot parrafin wax would do my hands some good. Mama Clumps used to have one back in the day. Maybe I’ll go rummaging in her garage to look for it the next time I visit. :wink:

What about you? Any spa treatments that you’d drop your pennies on? Facials, scrubs, body wraps? Or how about pedicures where little fish eat your dead skin cells?

Anyone?

*This is a partnered post brought to you by ShopNBC, but all opinions are my own.

Tags: ,

Category: Body, Skin

1. Vanessa says:

I actually really really wanna try microdermbrasion. I have so many at home kits and I really wanna do that and a peel.The other two treatments you mentioned, I never heard of but am now interested in.
    Vanessa recently blogged about OOTD: Spring DressMy Profile

2. LaNeshe says:

I was pretty surprised at my first in only facial at how it hurt! I was expecting a more soothing experience lol
    LaNeshe recently blogged about Birth-control = Whore Pills, and could get you firedMy Profile

3. Cinnie says:

I’ve had loads of facials and they never hurt. Did you have extractions during yours?

I am totally with you on wanting a microdermabrasion treatment– I wanna lose the sun damage and a few leetle scars, it can do that, right??
    Cinnie recently blogged about Review: Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Deep LustMy Profile

4. Jyoan says:

I don’t go for particular type of spa treatment. It is mad expensive to go for a body treatment in my country (about one-two days’ pay), so I started taking up discount offers every 3 months or so, and I will take whatever they offer, which is normally a full body massage and a hot bath.

When I tour in countries with weaker currencies, I will choose whatever treatment they have on the menu that looks good, like “Hot Pebbles” treatment. haha, not particular.

I should take more care of my hands too. =( I still have smooth skin on the outside, but people always exclaim that my palms are rough.

I do go for monthly facial though, with a home beautician. haha, I understand how painful it can get. But for the most part, I think it is bearable.
    Jyoan recently blogged about FOTD – Adele, Someone Like You Brit Awards (Adaptation from Panacea81)My Profile

5. Minta says:

I had a seaweed wrap last year at an Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, and it was soooooooo awesome and relaxing. I would certainly recommend it. If there happened to be a Red Door Spa closer to me (and in a city that I didn’t absolutely loathe driving in) I’d be saving up for a wrap every few months. And the inhome microdermabrasion? LOVE my St Ives that is sadly discontinued. When I finally run out I’m going to be a very very unhappy woman!
    Minta recently blogged about It’s melting!!!My Profile

6. BLKMimiLDN says:

I too have Eczema and concur that ‘suffering’ [my emphasis] through a skin condition has allowed me to gain a somewhat pervese appreciation for my skin. I have tried a parffin wax treatment for my feet and it came up well; I no longer scratched my partner in bed lol. Didn’t realise that it could work on hands and as I am aways accused of having miners hands, I look forward to you posting your results.

Regards,

BLKMimiLDN
    BLKMimiLDN recently blogged about Quick Swatch Series: Sleek’s LiqueurMy Profile

7. I’ve never tried paraffin wax treatments before, but I’d love one for hands, and feet, too! In fact, I’d love just about any spa treatment involving me feet.. I’m so bad at moisturizing my feet/dealing with calluses, so I need all the help I can get when it comes to tackling that area. :P
    The Lacquer Tracker recently blogged about Revlon – Not So Blueberry (featuring Space Guerrillas: The Thrilling Conclusion!)My Profile

8. The algae treatment sounds nice, those are used on some body wraps. Not icky at all! You should definitely go to a spa and pamper yourself, you know you deserve it right?

9. Crystal S says:

I am considering trying my first facial. I have two things holding me back, if it doesn’t work like I hope, I am out like $50 or more, if it does work, then I won’t want to stop and I will be out $50 or more every month. Damned if I do, damned if I don’t

I feel with the onset of mature skin, I really need to take care of myself they way I didn’t in my 20’s. I am learning now what they say is true, maintaining is easier then repairing.
    Crystal S recently blogged about Spring Keeps Rockin with the Wet ‘n’ Wild Fauna Collection!My Profile

10. Kris says:

The microdermabrasion is something I’ve wanted to try for a while, but I’ve heard mixed reviews. I’ve heard it is actually too harsh on your skin and also that it is a really good exfoliating. So I am on the fence.
    Kris recently blogged about Kooking with Kris: Flatiron Steak with Chocolate Wine SauceMy Profile

11. Adeyinka says:

Check out Spa Week.com. It comes around two times a year and there are $50 spa treatments!!

The next one is in a couple of weeks, April 18-23?

12. Nadège says:

I would love to do a full body mud wrap or a mud bath. Those look so cleansing!
    Nadège recently blogged about Nyx Stick Blush in Water Lily SwatchMy Profile

13. Sabrina says:

Also consider Groupon and the like. Huge discounts for services like that.
    Sabrina recently blogged about And it’s official! I’m a graduate!My Profile