MAKE UP FOR EVER’s HD foundation is amaziiiing!

| March 6, 2012 | 48 Comments

I hear it alllllll the time. “B…you never review enough foundations.” I know. I know. But it’s only because I don’t really wear foundation. Dude, I live in Florida. That and the fact that I sweat like a beast. Wearing a full face of foundation everyday just doesn’t make sense to me. But every now and then I like to even out my skin and look all flawless and whatnot. When I have those moments, I play around with different foundations. Laura Mercier’s is still a holy grail as is MAKE UP FOR EVER’s HD foundation.

Sooooo can’t believe I am just now reviewing this. I’ve been loving this foundation for a while. In fact, it’s one of the few that I find not only matches my skin beautifully without much doctoring up, but it also looks good in photos. Lord knows ain’t nothin’ worse than seeing a picture of yourself where your face and neck and are TWO different colors.

Not a good look, y’all. Not a good look.

First of all, can I stop for a minute and give MAKE UP FOR EVER some major props for actually having a diverse selection of foundations? This very rarely happens. Most brands will a dozen shades of ivory, some neutrals and only 2-3 darker shades. But MUFE gets it.

Their 178 works very nicely for me. For reference, I am NW45.

Y’all know the deal with my bare skin. I suffer with acne, hyperpigmenation and ingrown hairs on my chin. Those ingrown hairs are the worst because the only way to get rid of them is by breaking the skin and removing the hair. Aaaand, of course I’m left with scars to deal with. Ugh. See all three here…

I conceal the hyperpigmentation daily with just a bit of concealer and a powder. I can proudly walk concealer-less but only because the acne scars are going away little by little.

Gracias a Dios! But even though I want to wear foundation for special occasions, I do NOT want to look like I’m wearing it. Ya know? I never wanted to be one of those gals that looks like she has on a ton of makeup. It’s tricky trying to achieve this because a lot of times, full-coverage foundations give you that “I’ve got on makeup.” look.

MUFE’s HD foundation is one of the few that allows me to feel confident. Watch this…

Not too bad, uh? The left side looks even but I don’t look like another person. Now on both sides…

Uh. Just ignore my horrid blending efforts around my mouth and chin. That’s another reason why I can’t wear foundation regularly. It just takes TOO much time to make sure every nook and cranny is in place, ya know?

Do I look too makeup-y? I don’t think so. Which is why I LOVE this foundation. Close up, though…I do realize that when I wear foundation, my pores look HUGE.

I kinda don’t care though. *shrugs* I mean…should I? ;) So yeah. This foundation will always be with me. It’s $40 but considering I wear it once, twice and maaaaybe three times a month, it’ll be a while before I run out.

Of course you can get this from Sephora and Sephora.com. I totally recommend going IN to Sephora if you can, though. They’ll hook you up with a sample so you can try before you buy.

Considering this is one of the most popular foundations on the market, I know some of y’all have tried it. Whatcha think? Yay or nay to MAKE UP FOR EVER’s HD foundation?

Tags: , , ,

Category: Face

1. I love mufe HD! It’s definitely my favorite foundation . .. so much that I own a summer shade and a winter shade :) and it makes me really happy that they actually have a real range of shades too, not just a one or two darker shades.
    Emi at Project Swatch recently blogged about How to Press Loose Eyeshadow: Picture TutorialMy Profile

2. Phyrra says:

It looks great on you! I really liked seeing the 1/2 on and 1/2 off. Both beautiful :)
    Phyrra recently blogged about Shabby Apple GiveawayMy Profile

3. Stacie says:

Your skin is so beautiful!
    Stacie recently blogged about What’s in my Purse/Handbag?My Profile

4. Claire says:

Have you tried Sephora’s Perfecting Ultra Smooth primer? I don’t know what’s in that stuff, but it’s amazing! I’m totes giving this MFE stuff a try next time I’m there, too.
    Claire recently blogged about Mattese Elite Me Amour ReviewMy Profile

5. Cinnie says:

Just want to say: you are so beautiful. I mean, we already knew you were, on the inside, but this post proves you’re a looker on the outside, too! <3
    Cinnie recently blogged about Review: Too Faced BB CreamMy Profile

6. Gorgeous result. Makes your skin flawless.
    The Girlie Blogger recently blogged about Plaid Shirts and Pencil Skirts – an Outfit PostMy Profile

7. Vi says:

I just bought it today and I like the color match on my skin. :) When the make-up artist applied it to my face, it actually cover up pretty well my red cheeks (due to warmth, they light up like fire-crackers) and CONTINUE to cover it pretty well. I don’t have that “cake-on” feeling and it feels nice.

Let’s hope it last though. ;)

8. I haven’t use a liquid foundation in years, but that one certainly does look like it creates a nice natural look. Another product to add to my to try list. :-)
    The Lacquered Lady recently blogged about THE Collection of the Year – China Glaze Colors From the CapitolMy Profile

9. I am dying to try a new foundation because I am stuck on M.A.C Studio Fix. It works for me, but I need to discover another brands. Mufe catches my attention and I believe my skin tone is the same as yours (I am also a NW45 in M.A.C).
    Thanks for the post!

10. victoria says:

That’s great that Sephora has samples of the foundation, thanks for the heads up!

11. Ashley says:

I’ll be trying this next! It looks great on you. It’s pretty pricey, but so is the Shiseido foundation I’ve been using. My pores also look huge when I wear foundation, but I’ve found they look so much better when I use a good primer underneath. Thanks for sharing!
    Ashley recently blogged about Essie As Gold as it GetsMy Profile

12. Aj says:

I feel you on the sweating like a beast part lol. I live in the Northeast, so it’s not as hot as Florida, but if I know the temperature is going to be above 60…foundation is NOT happening.
    Aj recently blogged about Gettin’ My Glow On Early: Physicians Formula Bronze Booster ReviewMy Profile

13. tonda says:

I recently purchased the HD foundation and I like it but it took a few tries to figure out the best way to apply it. I’m not an everyday foundation wearer but I may wear it more often because it does a great job of evening out my skintone.

• Brittany says:

I use the skunk brush for application. I dab a bit on my hand, swirl the foundation into the brush and then stipple and blend with the brush.

14. Ashley says:

This looks gorgeous on you! Flawless and natural. I actually use MUFE’s Duo Mat powder foundation and I love it because it gives me a very natural, matte finish. My only issue is the cost. For you, I think investing in this is fine because you stated you only wear it 1-3 times a month. I wear makeup 5 out of 7 days a week. Yikes! I can’t afford that. I am currently in the process of finding a drugstore equivalent.
    Ashley recently blogged about Fashion Trend: Vintage JewelryMy Profile

15. Yes this foundation is AWESOME! I just started wearing it at the end of last year! I love how blendable and natural it looks and it is definitely long lasting! You look amazing!

Question: what is your skin care regime now to get rid of acne scars and help combat hyperpigmentation! <—-uh yes a BLOG REQUEST!!! lol I think my first for you lol
    Sherry Blossom recently blogged about FAREWELL BRAIDS, DANDRUFF & ITCHING….HELLLOOO NEW GROWTH!My Profile

• Brittany says:

Hmmm, seems like I need to work on cranking out a post for this one. Thanks for the rec. I’m gonna draft one up. XOXO

• Marie Denee says:

HEYYYYYY!!!! FIrst of all amazeeeee!!!!!

Okay… For the hyperpigmentation, I rock with Skinceuticals! Girl I am right there with you on this one and trying to clear, control, and protect the skin! They have the most AMAZING system I have ever been forutnate enough to try out! AND it has anti aging capabilities… I promise you! It is on the $$$ side, but that works amazingly! Literally like in a week I noticed change. check it out darlin!
        Marie Denee recently blogged about Spring into the Plus Size Trends: Colored DenimMy Profile

16. gio says:

It looks great on you, flawless and natural. I’ll check it out when my foundation runs out, thanks for the review.
    gio recently blogged about Is Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline) An Effective Alternative To Botox?My Profile

17. I never use department brand foundation anymore… :(
    Stefanie (IFCURVESCOULDTALK) recently blogged about OUTFIT OF THE DAY: I’m Blue….My Profile

18. Farrah says:

Beautiful!!!! You have made me a believer in foundation because I just love the tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier, with that being said I have already went to Sephora to cop this baby:) thanks for the review!!!!

Are you going to be reviewing Nars tinted moisturizer??

• Brittany says:

Yep! NARS’ tinted moisturizer is the next foundation-like review popping up on Clumps. Get out of my head, woman. :)

19. Janel says:

I think I might have to try this foundation! I have the exact same problem with ingrown hairs on my chin, and I’d love to find something that covers them up but doesn’t scream ‘caked on makeup!’

20. Mochacashmere says:

This is my HG foundation! The price is a little steep, but it is totally worth it.

21. LIly says:

My MUFE foundation breaks me out so it’s sitting in my drawer along with all my Mac foundations that also break me out, I can only wear Chanel & Guerlain now… I wonder if it has something to do with age?

• Brittany says:

Different products work differently on your skin. MAC’s foundations have always broken me out somethin’ seriously. :(

22. I don’t wear foundation except for performances and this is my go-to!! It’s lightweight and blends in really well and does not make me look ‘too made up’. It also works well with my dry skin! Thumbs up from me
    Noire Tropical Beauty recently blogged about Sale time!! Urban Decay Spring Friends & Family Sale 2012My Profile

23. Phyllis says:

I love this foundation too for all the reasons you mentioned!

24. Allywood says:

Long time reader, first time commenter. I’m digging this post. The pics you took did a great job at showing the before and after. Thanks! I don’t wear foundation, only when I’m headed for a night out. Even then I use it sparingly. But I might have to check this product out.

25. I’ve never tried out this foundation (I rarely use liquid foundation), but I’ve been so curious about this one. Thanks for reviewing it! :)

P.S. You have really pretty eyes!
    Swatch And Learn recently blogged about Nail Art Tutorial: Pot of Gold NailsMy Profile

26. [...] Clumps of Mascara – is an enormous fan of Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation. Just watch this transformation. [...]

27. [...] Clumps of Mascara – is an enormous fan of Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation. Just watch this transformation. [...]

28. [...] Clumps of Mascara – is an enormous fan of Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation. Just watch this transformation. [...]

29. Amber says:

Girl, that foundation looks AMAZE on you!

30. [...] Clumps of Mascara – is an enormous fan of Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation. Just watch this transformation. [...]

31. Crystal S says:

You are so beautiful! I am glad you love MUFE HD as much as I do. It’s a great product that I know helped me find solutions to the imperfections that maybe other people don’t notice, but always nagged at me.

I can’t stop looking at the second to the last picture of you. You are simply radiant and your skin texture and color is captivating.

I swear I’m normal lol
    Crystal S recently blogged about Hot Beauty Find! Essence I (heart) Rock Gloss Eye PencilMy Profile

32. [...] Clumps of Mascara – is an enormous fan of Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation. Just watch this transformation. [...]

33. [...] Clumps of Mascara – is an enormous fan of Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation. Just watch this transformation. [...]

34. Eugenia says:

I have really really oily skin. I had high hopes for this.. I purchased this last year, used it once, and haven’t since! It makes me super oily :( It looked good for about 15 minutes, then it went down hill!
    Eugenia recently blogged about FOTD- CoralMy Profile

35. [...] Clumps of Mascara – is an enormous fan of Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation. Just watch this transformation. [...]

36. Stephanie C. says:

B you look absolutely stunning here, with and without the foundation! I really want to try this, though- I’ve heard so many good things!
    Stephanie C. recently blogged about In my current rotation: most-reached for productsMy Profile

37. Victoria says:

This is your foundation. It looks so natural and not like “makeup”.
    Victoria recently blogged about NEST Sir Elton John Woodside Garden Candle ReviewMy Profile

38. Izzy says:

Impressive, but I also heard some good reviews about Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35. Could you do a review on that product? I only trust your makeup advice(;

39. You’re so beautiful!!!!!!!!!
    Michelle Miller recently blogged about Hello Kitty Parisienne Palette and Apple Balm FOTD, photos, reviewMy Profile

40. Trina J says:

That is very awsome!..it makes your skin look so beautiful. I love it,thanks for sharing:)
    Trina J recently blogged about Neutralize DiscolorationsMy Profile