Makeup Wars: Our Holiday Metallics

| November 27, 2012 | 16 Comments

I’ve been asked to join another blog group and I’m all giddy about it because blogging is one thing but being a part of a community is something else. It just wouldn’t be as fun. I am the newest blogger on the Makeup Wars group, a band of bloggers who rally together to do showcase their opinions, recs and pics on a particular topic. It’s fun stuff because within MY post, you can click on over to another blogger’s post. It’s mad cool, yo.

This week we’re rappin’ about holiday metallics and while I’m not much of a metallic-wearin’ gal, I came across some goodies in my beauty stash. I’m going to tryyyyy to incorporate these bad boys throughout the weeks. Maybe I’ll grow to love them. Kinda like corals. OMG, remember how much I hated coral nail polish? Hmm mmm…

MoonRaker from OPI’s Skyfall collection is a fabulous metallic gray.

OPII2

And when it comes to metallic shadows on the lids, I am loooooving Urban Decay’s Smoked palette.

DSC_2988

I mean, check out that bottom row of awesomeness. Loaded is my favorite and it is a gorgeouuuus deep emerald shimmer with a metallic base. And when it comes to lips? Y’all know I looooove red. It’s hard to find a fantastic red metallic lipstick (although I think Hourglass Siren is close) so a few years ago, I faked a metallic lip by dapping a bit of hot pink glitter over red lipstick.

Sounds crazy, but I promise you it works. Especially if you’re pairing it with a shimmery metallic gold eyeshadow. POW! That red lip is COVERGIRL’s Cherry Bomb and I don’t even know if they have it anymore. It was hands down one of my favooooorite red lipsticks EVER!

Laugh at me if you want, but I promise it works. I’ve got plans to dabble in more metallic cosmetics so stay tuned for my findings.

Any metallic cosmetics lovers in the house?

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Featured

1. Smoked is one of my faves!
    Moonraker looks awesome on you, metallic nails like that just don’t work for me, unfortunately. I can’t get them to look pretty =(
    Brooke @ BlushingNoir recently blogged about Makeup Wars ~ My Favorite Metallic Featuring CHANEL Apparence Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow Swatches, Review & EOTDMy Profile

2. Phyrra says:

I love the smoked palette! Hot! Also, red lips = perfection ;)
    Phyrra recently blogged about Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review and SwatchesMy Profile

3. Teri says:

MoonRaker is a gorgeous metallic gray. I love how opaque it is.
    Teri recently blogged about Holiday 2012: My Favorite Philosophy Bath & Body Sets.My Profile

4. Nancy says:

That UD Smoked Palette is one of my faves–love it!
    Nancy recently blogged about Makeup Wars: Favorite Holiday Metallics!My Profile

5. Pink Sith says:

Oh man. You have some great products in this post. Is this really your first Makeup Wars post? Welcome!!! Oh and by the way check out Milani Lip Flash Pencil in Hot Flash. It is a gorgeous metallic red (cooler than Hourglass siren) it would look amazing on you. (psst. there is a link in my blog post for makeup wars)
    Pink Sith recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Holiday MetallicsMy Profile

6. Pammy says:

I love the smoked palette too! Great choices!!! So glad that you are now a part of Makeup Wars!
    Pammy recently blogged about Makeup Wars! Holiday Metallics: Favorite Metallic PolishesMy Profile

7. MarciaF says:

OOH I just bought the Smoked Palette and can’t wait to dig a brush into it (after my photography of course). Just how beautiful is this.
    I love the nail polish on you, it looks perfect. Your choices are all beautiful actually.
    MarciaF recently blogged about Tarte wants you to Treat Yourself to Gorgeous – QVC specialMy Profile

8. Carleen says:

I love my smoked palette too. With all the holiday stuff coming out right now, I seem to forget about it though. I’ll have to get it out again so that it doesn’t get lonely!
    Carleen recently blogged about Six Hot Holiday Beauty ItemsMy Profile

9. Oh dear, another wish list item!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about November Birchbox – Did It Make Marcia’s Heart Go Pitter Pat?My Profile

10. [...] How gorgeous! Have you ever used it wet? It looks like it would be more intense if you really wanted to make those eyes pop. Brittany recently posted..Makeup Wars: Our Holiday Metallics [...]