6 Reasons Why Laura Mercier and Lancome Rock

| March 21, 2013 | 11 Comments

DSC_4026

Yassss – two of my favorite higher-end brands. I love me some Laura Mercier and Lancome. LOVE. Lancome comes out with some of the best mascaras and Laura Mercier’s foundation, tinted moisturizer and lippies are just…golden. Neither brand can do any wrong in my book. A gal pal of me texted me the other day trying to get some product ideas. She’s interested in dabbling into higher-end cosmetics but didn’t know where to start. And soooo I’m making this list for her. Yep, there are benefits to having a beauty blogger for a friend.

•  Laura Mercier has brown-girl friendly foundations. And they rock! FACT: It is crazy hard finding higher-end cosmetic brands that have a ton of different shades. Laura Mercier have plenty and I’ve found that the ones that I’ve tried have matched me perfectly.
  • Lancome makes the best mascaras. Trust me on this, y’all. As someone who has tried almost 200 mascaras, I know who has the best. And it’s Lancome. If you’re going to spend more than $20 on a mascara, you want it to work. And if you’re using one from Lancome, you can guarantee that it’s going to give you amaziiiiing lashes.
  • Laura Mercier launches spectacular seasonal collections. Lots of brands come out with collections that have products that are pretty but aren’t practical. They’ll launch palettes that look good but chances are you won’t use it. Not Laura Mercier. Their seasonal goodies are always something you can use over and over again.
  • Lancome’s Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover is the BEST. I dare you to find a better eye makeup remover. I’ve tried several but still keep coming back to the old faithful that is Bi-Facil.
  • Laura Mercier has a tinted moisturizer that will make you swoon. It’s hard to find a good tinted moisturizer that won’t make you greasy but will also take care of those of us who have super dry skin. Laura Mercier’s rocks!
  • Lancome knows what they’re doing in the anti-aging department. I haven’t been that strict with my anti-aging regimen just yet but when I’m ready, I’m totally going to Lancome. They have so many products that can tackle those wrinkles before they even pop up.

Any Lancome or Laura Mercier lovers in the house? What are some of your favorite products by them?

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own.

Tags: ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. Desiree says:

I love Lancome <3
    Desiree recently blogged about NAIL POLISH LIST – October 2012My Profile

2. Winni says:

I am loving the GWP Hypnose Star mascara I got this winter. My lashes point down, but with HS I don’t even have to curl. Amazing! I have several more GWP mascaras (various brands) and 2 Tarte mascaras to get through. But when I do, I’m headed for the lancome counter. I know there are several good DS mascaras, but Hypnose Star hits all the right notes for me!

3. KhaliaNicole says:

This was a really great post! I agree about Laura Mercier having brown girl friendly shades. I used several products in the line for my wedding day makeup! Also, I really need a better eye makeup remover so I might have to try the Bi-Facil.
    KhaliaNicole recently blogged about Bloggers: Are You Complying With the New 2013 FTC Guidelines?My Profile

4. Vicky says:

I am really obsessed with Laura Mercier products. For me, they are the best when it comes to makeup and other beauty products. I find their products to suit my skin very well.
    Vicky recently blogged about How to Remove Warts: We Look At Your Best Home Options.My Profile

5. Jillian says:

I totally agree with you on all things Lancôme. Their eye makeup remover is the best thing ever! I love that they frequently have gift with purchase deals too– I wish more brands offered it.

-Jillian
    Jillicious Cosmetics

6. OSHH says:

Lancome’ ROCKS!
    I remember when I first tried a sample size Denfencils I was blown away, I mean it went on like silk! Gotta get the money up though if I want more of their skin care products LOL.

7. Alicia says:

These two brands are well known to create great cosmetics. Among these two, I prefer Lancome even though they are kinda expensive but they are sure worth it. I super love their mascaras.
    Alicia recently blogged about Great Skin Is Possible On A Budget (Plus Argan Oil Secret)My Profile