Makeup Wars: Our Favorite Masks

| April 29, 2013 | 16 Comments

Mask7

I’m not even gonna sit here and front, y’all. I haven’t used a mask in months. I simply don’t have the time for such pampering. *le sigh* Now it’s like “Hmm…should I put on a mask or try to bathe?” Ha! But back in the day when I was a child-free woman, I indulged in masks regularly. At least once a week! My Makeup Wars sisters and I are back to share with you some of our favorite masks. I’ll be highlighting 4 of my faves.

I mean, I could very well highlight 10 but I don’t want to overwhelm you. And these aren’t in any kind of order. First up is…

MaskerAide’s Sheet Masks

Mask11

Mask12

Words can’t explain how much I love a good sheet masks. These babies feel cool the entire time you wear them and they are super hydrating for the skin. Plus, who doesn’t want to walk around looking like Michael Myers? Ha! Oh! And they’re vegan and fragrance-free too. Y’all know how much I LOVE fragrance-free skincare products.

Boscia’s Luminizing Black Mask

Mask5

Mask6

I’m a child at heart so I love beauty products that look like dirt. And tar. It’s a pricey mask but migoodness, I love everything about this one. It takes awhile to dry once it does you are left with beautiful and glowing skin!

Bliss Rubberizing Mask

Mask1

Mask2

Mask3

Have a good  hour on your hands? Okay, I’m kidding. It doesn’t take that long to mix this mask up but it does take some time. And if you got it then you’ll really like this mask. It is definitely all science project-y and that’s what I like about it. Plus it’s a mask that feels like…rubber. I mean, come on! How fun is that? Is it effective though? It does clean the skin nicely but the real fun comes in mixing it up and applying it to the face.

Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask

Mask8

Mask9

Aaaand, this, ladies and gentlemen, is one of my FAVORITE masks of all time. When my skin is in need of some serious repairing, this is the mask that I turn to. I’m all for getting facials regularly but since all of us aren’t able to do so, this is the mask that will leave you feeling like you truly pampered your skin.

Not pictured but a mask that I’m always usin’ is the always faithful brown sugar and jojoba mask that I whip up in my kitchen.

Check out my fellow Makeup Wars sisters to see what kind of masks they’re lovin’….

Category: Skincare

1. Kids totally suck up the old pampering time. It gets easier ;) soon she’ll want a mask on too. My 4 year old wanted some skin peel… =\ lol
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Favorite Face Mask featuring Reviva Labs Light Skin Peel!My Profile

• Brittany says:

Awwww! That’s adorable! She’s aware that taking care of her skin even at a young age is important. I love it!

2. Pink Sith says:

All these masks sound like fun! I used to have giant tubs of the old timey Bliss rubberizing masks. They were fun, but I don’t think they did much for my skin. I will have to check out the Boscia Mask as I do love Boscia products and can always use a good clarifying mask. I feel your pain about deciding on a shower or sleeping. LOL
    Pink Sith recently blogged about Makeup Wars Favorite Facial MasksMy Profile

3. Phyrra says:

You make me want to try that Biss Mask!
    Phyrra recently blogged about What to Wear to Grandma’s Birthday PartyMy Profile

4. Time is a huge problem with a baby but it gets easier (in another 10 years LOL). Great choices. I’ve never tried any of these so there’s a whole new world for my credit card.
    MarciaF (beauty info zone) recently blogged about Makeup Wars picks favorite facial masks, I pick EyedewsMy Profile

5. Meredith says:

I absolutely love the Boscia black luminizing mask. It always makes my skin look amazing afterwards. Hang in there – you’ll be getting your showers back soon!
    Meredith recently blogged about Makeup Wars: bloggers favorite facial masksMy Profile

6. Pammy says:

I love those Masker Aide masks, too! :) I have that Boscia black mask in my bathroom somewhere. I need to dig that out and give it a try! :)
    Pammy recently blogged about Makeup Wars: My Favorite Facial Masks!My Profile

7. jbrobeck says:

I haven’t heard of Masker Aide! I need to check that brand out!

8. Carleen says:

You win the prize for the best mask photos! And the most! I am a Boscia fan too.

9. Eugenia says:

Rubberish mask what?! That looks so interesting, send me some! Haha jk, but I want to try these!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Makeup Wars- Favorite Face MaskMy Profile

10. I forgot about the Bliss rubber mask! It so cooling and refreshing, I need to dig it out for the warmer months.
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Makeup Wars: Battle of the Best Face MaskMy Profile

11. [...] Giiiiirl, that’s some expensive mud. But whatever. As ladies we can’t put a price on beauty. And yes, you’re still adorable with the mud on your face. Brittany recently posted..Makeup Wars: Our Favorite Masks [...]

12. Christine says:

You are so cute in all of the masks! This is why I lubs you!
    Also, I looooved this phrase: “back in the day when I was a child-free woman”…. I’m so feeling that!

13. So happy you are loving the Canadian MaskerAide masks!!!

14. […] My Central Florida beauty girls are forever raving about this brand. And I have yet to try the mask. The soap is awesome though. And how do you still have perfect brows with that mask slathered on your face? Brittany recently posted..Makeup Wars: Our Favorite Masks […]