Makeup Wars: Unique Spring Trends – Black lipliner!

| April 1, 2013 | 42 Comments

The Makeup Wars gals are back with another post and I am super excited to feature this one. I’ve been catchin’ up on beauty trends and I am excited to announce that rocking black lipliner is finally a legit trend.

DSC_7311

Yes!! ‘Bout time, right? For years, many of us would rock black EYEliner on our lips. I’m not even going to front and act like I didn’t. Black eyeliner and silver gloss blended together was totally my look in high school. It wasn’t until I hit college where I realized that rockin’ black liner on the lips didn’t compliment me. Or anyone for that matter. And so I let it go.

DSC_7315

But after flipping through magazines and hittin’ the beauty blogs, I’ve come across so many articles that are announcing that black liner on the lips is finally in. I’ve seen it worn several ways.

There’s the thick liner with very little blending…

DSC_7314

And my favorite, thick liner WITH red lipstick. Yes!!!

DSC_7327

Fierce, right? I’m loving it and I am so glad that this trend is officially a trend. I know brown girls everywhere are rejoicing. I’ve even heard that some brands will be launching black lipliner. No need to use your black eyeliner for your lips anymore. I love how versatile this look is. It’s perfect for those of us who have to be all professional on our jobs but then it’s also great for after-work Happy Hour with the girls. I’m thinking black liner on the lips will be my signature look. I am just that much in love with it.

Whatcha think, gals? Are you feeling this look?

Check out some of the other trends my Makeup Wars sisters are rockin’…

Tags: , ,

Category: Featured, Lips

1. Lisa says:

*snickering*

2. Kelly says:

This is back? I remember rocking that in college! Yeah!
    Kelly recently blogged about Makeup Wars: My Favorite Spring TrendMy Profile

3. OMG, I love this look on you – especially the black lipliner with no blending at all, that’s my favorite look to wear personally.

(happy april!)
    Emi at Project Swatch recently blogged about Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Color Base Yellow Review & SwatchesMy Profile

4. Carleen says:

That looks absolutely awesome on you! It would be really cool to pair that with the super bold eyeliner trends that are going on now too!
    Carleen recently blogged about Make Your Smile A Winner! Oral B Deep Sweep 5000 + Crest Pro-Health For Life Review and GiveawayMy Profile

5. I always see liners that are for lips and eyes. It’s a relief to see that it’s so easy to pull off! You look amazing!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Showcasing Our Favorite Spring Beauty TrendsMy Profile

• Brittany says:

Thanks mama!! Next time you come to FL, I’ll take you to the Lancome counter. They have a makeup artist there who is awesome at achieving this look.

6. Pink Sith says:

I cannot tell you how glad I am that the black lip liner look is back in style! I have for years been regretting getting the permanent lip tattoo in black, but now I can stop concealing it and let my black lined lips shine (so to speak) I think they look especially beautiful on you with the red lipstick! So sophisticated!
    Pink Sith recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Favorite Spring Beauty TrendMy Profile

7. Kim says:

I think I’ll pass. This one isn’t coming back for me. I secretly hope the most women let this one pass as well.
    Kim recently blogged about Review: Dear Butter London this is not the colour of the River ThamesMy Profile

8. Really accentuates your beautiful lip shape! LOVE!
    Perilously Pale recently blogged about Makeup Wars ~ From Runway to Everyday ~ My Favourite Spring TrendMy Profile

9. Maddie says:

APRIL FOOLS!! :)

10. Brenda says:

I hope this is your April Fool’s!!!! prank.

11. New Ribena says:

I’m not feeling this look…I thought it was an April Fools joke…

12. Jo says:

I remember back in the 80′s rocking this look, great to see it back , although at 42 i will pass this time around :D
    Jo recently blogged about Happy Spring Days!My Profile

13. Nickie says:

April Fools!! Right?! Uhmm.. right? Please! Right! LOL

14. aaminahs mom says:

April Fools!

15. Paula says:

I like the idea of this look, but I’m afraid it might be too harsh on my freckled face. Maybe a dark brown liner might work instead?
    Paula recently blogged about Makeup Wars: Favorite Spring TrendMy Profile

16. Christine says:

This adds such dimension to your look!
    Christine recently blogged about NARS Satin Lip Pencil: The Highly Pigmented Lippie You’ll NEED This SummerMy Profile

17. You know how when you kiss someone with red lipstick on and leave an impression? Just think how gorgeous the impression would be with the black liner too. I love this on you.
    MarciaF (beauty info zone) recently blogged about Liquid lining the Le Metier de Beaute wayMy Profile

18. Amina says:

My west African sisters will be so happy to read this!
    Now did I miss an update or did you cut your locks???

19. Emilie says:

This is an April Fools Day joke, right?? I hope so! eeeee
    Emilie recently blogged about My “Adult” Skincare Routine (featuring Ole Henriksen’s Three Little Wonders)My Profile

20. Raging Rouge says:

I can’t even believe how incredible that dark pencil makes your lips look! Why hasn’t this always been popular?
    Raging Rouge recently blogged about Cutting Edge Trends: The Monobrow!My Profile

21. OSHH says:

LOL, April fools, but black lined lips were HOTTT almost twenty years ago, like in ’96, how do I know, cause a young OSHH did that ish!!!!

22. Natasha says:

It’s baaack! I remember this trend from the 70′s-80′s… do you think a white girl could rock this trend? It would be uber-fierce….or not.
    Natasha recently blogged about Sunday Pictures: Happy Easter!My Profile

• Brittany says:

Heck yeah, I would girl could rock this. This look is for everyone! I may even see if I can get my husband to try it.

23. Lisalis says:

I admit…it took me a minute to get this. Part of the problem is that B is just so cute! Girl, you are giving us the full diva face with that red/black lip! But when I checked the other Makeup Wars:Unique Spring Trends, I could tell it was definitely an April Fool’s joke.

24. Eugenia says:

Yes! I can use all my crappy eye liner pencils for this look! haha :P
    Eugenia recently blogged about APRIL FOOLS!My Profile

25. OK… this one and the mono-brow ones are the best. you TOTALLY had me fooled yesterday, B. I was like… well… her hair is cute :) Love you, girl! Keepin’ it FIERCE, that’s for sure.
    annelise @ aunie sauce recently blogged about Small StylingMy Profile

26. Liz says:

LOL! Love/hate it.

27. Angela says:

I’m so late! I thought this was for real too. I was thinking I didn’t wear it the first time around & I’m not wearing it this time either! I noticed you cut your hair. It’s cute!

28. […] An adorable look that also hides the signs of aging? Sign me up! I’m going to try this tonight!! Brittany recently posted..Makeup Wars: Unique Spring Trends – Black lipliner! […]