Makeup Wars: Color Wars

| August 5, 2013 | 17 Comments

This is probably the funniest (yes, that’s a word….for today) Makeup Wars ever! Each of us gals signed up for a color and we are going to be sharing some of our favorite products featuring that color. I picked purple! For the record, I don’t have a favorite color. And if I did it would be rainbow and since a rainbow has a TON of colors I’m not sure that really counts.

I know. I’m so complicated but picking a favorite color when there are so many beautiful ones out there just ain’t easy. I picked purple because there are just sooooo many gorgeous purple picks when it comes to the beauty world. Here are 3 of my faves.

Purple nail polish

I love love looooove purple nail polish. Especially when it is unexpected and has some kind of funky shimmer or whatnot. It’s hard to pick a favorite (especially since I did so in our last Makeup Wars post) but Zoya’s Aurora is by far the prettiest purple nail polish in the world.

DSC_1238

You can’t deny it. You KNOW you can’t. Sidenote: I sooooo miss my longer nails. Can’t wait until I can do this shape again.

Ah yes…purple lips. You either love ‘em or hate ‘em. I can easily get down with some purple lips and it was MAC’s All of My Purple Life that had me going bananas.

Pay no attention to my beach hurr but to that stunning purple gloss. Yas! Yas!

When it comes to eyes, I think purple eyeshadows look amazing on everyone – especially on brown eyed girls. Make Up For Ever’s #92 is epic. I mean, epic. I think I’ve lost this baby because I haven’t seen it in awhile but years ago (can’t believe it’s been that long since I’ve used it) but it was the bee’s knees back in the day. I took this picture back when I didn’t care much about photography.

That about does it…a few of my favorite purple picks. Of course I’ve got more but I don’t want to make this post insanely lengthy. I’ve always wanted purple hair but my jobs never allowed it. Womp. Check out the colors my other Makeup Wars sisters picked!

photo colorwar.jpg

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Featured

1. Eugenia says:

You suck because you pull of purple lips so gooodd!! I’m surprised you didn’t post your ombre lips you had awhile back!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Makeup Wars Color Wars- PurpleMy Profile

2. Phyrra says:

I love Aurora! You look amazing in purple, my dear :)
    Phyrra recently blogged about New Beauty Splurges and StealsMy Profile

3. omg Auroraaaaaa so insanely gorgeous!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently blogged about Makeup Wars Color Wars Featuring Chanel Gri-Gri Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch EyeshadowMy Profile

4. Love the purple lip color!!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Makeup Wars Color Wars: Battle of the Best PinksMy Profile

5. Adeline says:

I love purple lips! True purples are a bit hard for me to pull off but I love bright purples and mauves, also red plummy shades. :D
    Adeline recently blogged about Fairytale Series: The Little MermaidMy Profile

6. I love purple and that would have been a fun, easy one for me to pick. I couldn’t wear the lips but I sure have worn that nail polish and I’ve worn the eyeshadow too! Great choices.
    MarciaF (beauty info zone) recently blogged about Makeup Wars has a color war going on!My Profile

7. jbrobeck says:

I love your beach hair!!!
    jbrobeck recently blogged about Makeup Wars – COLOR WARS ♥ My Favorite CoralsMy Profile

8. Pammy says:

I love purple lippies, too! :) Looks great on you! :)
    Pammy recently blogged about Feel Fabulously Fresh: Freshen-Up Tips with Summer’s Eve: Plus a Giveaway!!!My Profile

9. Nancy says:

Pretty picks! Zoya does make some fab purple polishes!
    Nancy recently blogged about Makeup Wars Color Wars Challenge: Great GraysMy Profile

10. Melody says:

Ohh I miss all my purple life!! My dog destroyed mine!
    Melody recently blogged about My Secret Weapon for Staying Fresh on the Go!My Profile

11. Retrodiva says:

LOVE that purple gloss, gurl. LOVE IT. I might need to get daring and go bright purple!
    Retrodiva recently blogged about Makeup Wars: color warsMy Profile

12. Pink Sith says:

LOVE purple! I love your expression in the last pic. I can hear you saying “Mmm humm” LOLOL I don’t think I have Zoya Aurora. I need to correct that.
    Pink Sith recently blogged about Foreo Luna – Facial Cleansing Device – Review, PicturesMy Profile

13. Carleen says:

That lip color looks awesome on you!
    Carleen recently blogged about 8 Awesome New Makeup Palettes and SetsMy Profile

14. Aaliyah says:

I more happy then I should be that you picked purple! I love purple so much, and I’m always on the hunt for new purple lip products!
    Aaliyah recently blogged about Review: Mary Kay At Play Lip CrayonsMy Profile

15. Purple is hard to pull-off (at least for me). I love your nails!