Mascara Monday: ELLIS FAAS mascara

| November 4, 2013 | 29 Comments

Every now and then I run into a beauty brand that I’ve never heard of. It doesn’t happen often but when it does, I get embarrassed about it.

“How have you never heard of ELLIS FAAS, B?”

“I don’t know. I just haven’t…..”

I mean, yeah…I live under a rock but when you’ve been beauty blogging, er’body expects you know er’thing. So shoot me! I haven’t heard of ELLIS FAAS and didn’t until I got a sample of this mascara in my Makeup Show Orlando Blogger Preview bag. And whoooooa…

ELLIS VAAS mascara I dun seen the light.

ELLIS VAAS

Price: $34 from Sephora and Sephora.com.
Packaging (brush wand): 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

What It Claims: “A creamy mascara that perfectly coats, lengthens and separates each individual lash.” (source)

The Truth: I love this mascara!!

What I Loved About It: What an incredible wand! And the formula is just beautiiiiful!

What I Didn’t Like: Well, the price is pretty up there but hey, in some cases you get what you pay for. And this mascara is amazing!

Overall: I never got around to really exploring the ELLIS FAAS booth at The Makeup Show Orlando 2013 but I walked past it a few times. I am now kicking myself in the butt for it because if their mascara is this great, I can only imagine what everything else is like. I’m a drugstore lover at heart but sometimes higher end mascaras have a really different (and sometimes better) feel. This mascara just feels luxurious. And I love how simple and uncomplicated the wand is.

ELLIS VAAS mascara wand

I’m starting to prefer the traditional mascara brushes over the plastic wands but when it comes to brushes, I don’t want them huge. This wand is perfect. It is small enough to get in those inner corners but it is large enough to coat each and every lash. I’m thinking those with smaller lids and lashes won’t have any problem with getting this mascara to really coat all of those lashes. The long handle makes it easy to really get into those lashes.

And while I really love the wand my favorite aspect about it is the wonderful formula. This non-clumping, gel-like formula of love is so easy to apply to the lashes. I found that it was also buildable so whether you wanted just 1 coat or 10 coats, chances are you won’t run into any clumps. It isn’t exactly water-resistant so I’m not sure if I would wear this if I knew I was going to the beach but for day-to-day indoor use…it’s fantastic!

I also found the mascara to be very lightweight. I applied 3 coats and still didn’t feel any heaviness to my lashes. Wow.

Bare Lashes

DSC_2773

Lashes after 3 coats

Mascara on lashes

Do I recommend it?: If you’ve got the pennies to spare, I think you’ll love this mascara. It’s just such a pleasure to use.

Am I the only loser who hasn’t heard of ELLIS FAAS? Please tell me I’m not the only one! The good news is, I’ve found an amazing mascara and I can’t wait to check out what other gorgeous thangs the brand has.

Tags: , ,

Category: Eyes, Mascara Monday

1. amanda i says:

I have never heard of it! But wow, so non clumping after that many coats! :)

2. Alice says:

I’ve never heard of this brand before. How did it slip under the beauty blogging radar!? The before and after is amazing!
    Alice recently blogged about Weekend PhotoMy Profile

3. Stephanie C. says:

Oh, this looks great on your lashes! I’ve heard of Ellis Faas but haven’t seen it in person before. If this mascara says anything about the brand, I’d be interested to see what other pretties it sells!
    Stephanie C. recently blogged about Beauty Box 5: Overall thoughts & photos/swatchesMy Profile

4. Cris LTHP says:

Trust me, you are not the only ne who had not heard of Ellis Faas. And I am also just blown away by this mascara. Pricey, yes.. even at the show! But so very spectacular.
    Cris LTHP recently blogged about Zoya PixiDusts in Arabella and Sunshine and Catching UpMy Profile

5. annelise says:

Never heard of it either… we are living under a rock, B!
    annelise recently blogged about Lacy Black DressMy Profile

6. gio says:

Your lashes look great! But the price… ouch!
    gio recently blogged about Product Review: NYC Show Time Volumizing MascaraMy Profile

7. Olivia says:

Their packaging is so fun. I only heard of them after going to the makeup show earlier this year. I have a lip product from them that I need to review!
    Olivia recently blogged about October Favorites (Makeup, Skincare, Fashion, & More!) | VideoMy Profile

8. I only heard of it recently, so don’t feel too bad, B! I have to say, my eyebrows shot up in surprise/exceedingly overwhelming approval when I got to the after pics! Wow! This mascara look pretty damn fabulous!
    kristen @ glambunctious recently blogged about Wedding Makeup – Best Products?My Profile

9. Margo says:

so pretty on you! I have heard of the brand but never tried. now I need to!
    Margo recently blogged about The Stay-All-Day and Then Some Perfect Holiday Red with BA StarMy Profile

10. Phyrra says:

You make me want to break out this mascara now! I’ve got 3 open currently and I’m being soo good, gonna finish them first.
    Phyrra recently blogged about Best Ways to Build an Urban Decay Makeup CollectionMy Profile

11. AuttyW says:

I NEED to try this mascara. It’s sitting in my makeup drawer just not being used. I’m afraid to use it because I don’t want to love it and not be able to get it again. Bahah. Did you see the guy walking around with two ammo straps across his chest FULL of these mascaras?! I think I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and try it just because of how amazing it made your lashes look!
    AuttyW recently blogged about Cult Nails Midnight Masquerade Pre-Sale!My Profile

12. […] of Mascara – ran into an amaziiiing mascara. And it ain’t cheap but WHOA, it […]

13. […] of Mascara – ran into an amaziiiing mascara. And it ain’t cheap but WHOA, it […]

14. Olive says:

I hadn’t heard of Ellis Faas either *ducks head* but as soon as I tried my sample from The Makeup Show Orlando, I loved it. The formula is almost silky! So much more smooth than anything I’ve ever used. I’m about 3 weeks into the tube and it’s getting a little thick so I have to wipe the excess off the wand before I use it. Any tips on how to prevent mascara from thickening after a few weeks?

15. […] of Mascara – ran into an amaziiiing mascara. And it ain’t cheap but WHOA, it […]

16. Kania Q says:

I have heard of it from Gossmakeup artist. on Youtube. But I did not remember the name. I do however remember the bullet like container. It looks amaazzzzing!! Its one of those things that i think any true makeup addict should try once in her life. Just because. and then just keep the tube because..Why not? Where can we find it?

• Kania Q says:

OMG!!!!! just saw that we can get it at Sephora!!! ummm. i know what I’m spending my Christmas gift card on! and maybe a little YSL glossy stain! because…..why not?

17. Kania Q says:

ok last post. But i had to share. All of their product except the foundation are shaped like bullets. So they have a pen holder that holds five pens. like a gun chamber stainless steel. OMG!!!!!!! Can you say statement piece? My love for sephora just grew. again. ok I’ve got to explore them more…. MUAH