The Best Black Eyeliners Ever!

| July 7, 2014 | 46 Comments

Black eyeliners

So I’m not gonna lie…I am pretty boring in the eyeliner world. And it’s not because I work some professional job or that I consider myself to be Mrs. Conservative. Naw. I just really love black eyeliner. I wear it everyday and very rarely will I wear another color. Do I love emerald greens, bright blues and royal purples on my eyes? Yeeeep. But black liner is staple, girl. It just is. This edition of the Makeup Wars, us gals are sharing some of our favorite black eyeliners. I thought I’d stick with my faithful Urban Decay Zero, but really I’ve tried a TON of black eyeliners that I’ve loved.

DSC_0901

They are far from cheap but I can’t get enough of Urban Decay’s pencil eyeliners. Especially that Zero. For some reason, my eyes have gotten really sensitive over the years and the only pencil that I KNOW won’t leave me tearing up is Zero. Oh, and it doesn’t budge. At all. I’ve purchased and repurchased this pencil so many times. Like, you don’t even want to know how many times…

Physicians Formula trio

So they suck in the foundation diversity game, but Physicans Formula makes some realllllly nice eyeliners. Their liquid and pencil eyeliners are pretty cool, but really its their dark and smooth Kohl eyeliner pencil that just makes me go gaga. I can’t get enough of it for when I really want to smoke out my eyes.

Maybelline really gave us a gem when they put put their Eye Studio Ink Pen Eyeliner. The Black version of this liquid eyeliner pencil is spectacular.

A few years back, NYX gave us an entire collection of black liners that I couldn’t get enough of. They were so cool to give us these because each liner has a different formula. Everything from matte to sattin and liquid, NYX had us covered on the black liners front.

When I really want some pop to my upper lashline, I love Essence’s Metallic black eyeliner. It has just a very small amount of shimmer that really makes the eyes stand out. And it’s only $1.99 and does darn good around water and sweaty situations.

Urban Decay Perversion bottle

I did a review on Urban Decay’s Perversion cream liner and I still loving that baby from the moon and back. Other runner ups are Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Cream in Shade 27 and the cult fave MAC Blacktrack gel liner.

And let’s not forget Milani as they are always there to give us budget-friendly sturdy liners in all shapes and sizes.

Milani Eye Tech Liquid Liner

I could really go on and on, but I’ll stop here and let my girls share with you some of their favorite black eyeliners…

The best black eyeliners

Loading InLinkz ...

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Category: Eyes, Featured

1. Allison says:

I use UD Zero most often for tightlining, and I love it. I have the Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liner, but I could never get the hang of it. I’ve gotta try the other Milani’s that you showed instead.
    Allison recently blogged about Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow: Vintage Plum, Deep ForestMy Profile

2. BeautyJudy says:

I’m such a fan of black eyeliner, too! It’s my go-to! I am in love with Jesse’s Girl Liquid Eyeliner!
    BeautyJudy recently blogged about My Nails and My…Winery TourMy Profile

3. That Perversion liner has caught my eye!
    Laura MyNewestAddiction recently blogged about Best Black LinersMy Profile

4. Alina says:

Great post! I love Maybelline’s Lasting Drama gel eyeliner. It’s super creamy, easy to work with, and really long lasting on my oily lids. It’s just fabulous.
    Alina recently blogged about MAC Kelly Osbourne and Sharon Osbourne Collection│Strip Poker, Kelly Yum-Yum, and Dodgy Girl Lipsticks, Refresh Mineralize Skinfinish DuoMy Profile

5. I’ve never tried the Physician’s Formula liners. Thanks for the rec!
    All Lacquered Up recently blogged about Makeup Wars – My Best Black EyelinersMy Profile

6. Those Milani liners look fantastic!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently blogged about Makeup Wars My Favorite Black Eye Liner feat. Benefit They’re Real! Push-Up LinerMy Profile

7. I want to try Perversion so bad! Black eyeliner is a staple product for me.
    Cosmetics Aficionado recently blogged about Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid LinerMy Profile

8. Amber says:

Ok, so I know we already talked about my favorites last night, but I forgot one! With the Pur Minerals Jupiter Ascending set, there was a black liquid liner that’s amazing! <3
    Amber recently blogged about Pixi Summer mani – Lime LustreMy Profile

9. Jessica says:

I do love Milani, but I should try out a Physician’s Formula liner.
    Jessica recently blogged about Sirens Call Nail Polishes (Gloss48 Exclusive)My Profile

10. Pink Sith says:

Great choices!!! I have only one black eye liner that I use pretty much every day of my life. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion. It is the blackest black ever and wears like iron! I adore it!
    Pink Sith recently blogged about Kiehl’s Micro-Blur Skin Perfector – Review, Pictures, SwatchesMy Profile

11. Phyrra says:

Love your picks! Perversion is killer.
    Phyrra recently blogged about Blue Moon Lagoon LookMy Profile

12. gio says:

I love UD Zero too. It glides soooo smoothly on the lids and lasts for ages. Those Milani eyeliners really intrigue me too.
    gio recently blogged about Product Review: Dior Diorskin Nude FoundationMy Profile

13. kelly says:

I haven’t tried the NYX liners…I need to get on that!
    kelly recently blogged about Makeup Wars: Best Black EyelinerMy Profile

14. Mai says:

I like Physicians Formula’s Eye Booster Liner, that’s definitely my favorite!
    Mai recently blogged about June 2014 Beauty and Other Favorites!My Profile

15. Leelo R says:

Great picks! I have to try this Maybelline liner.
    Leelo R recently blogged about My Boohoo.com sale favoritesMy Profile

16. UD Zero is my go to liner when I’m not using good ole tried and true MAC Blacktrack.
    Aprill C (@GlitteryGlossy) recently blogged about NARS Color Collection Fall 2014: Night CallerMy Profile

17. Mai says:

I gotta try that Urban Decay cream eyeliner!
    Mai recently blogged about June 2014 Beauty and Other Favorites!My Profile

18. Miranda says:

YESSS to the NYX Liquid Black Liner. It’s my new HG. I love the thin applicator and it seriously doesn’t budge!
    Miranda recently blogged about Peacock Eyes Makeup TutorialMy Profile

19. Ange says:

I’m definitely wanting to try the NYX out!!
    Ange recently blogged about 10 Beauty Faves Under $10My Profile

20. Honeygirlk says:

Black liner is my jam. I have so many I swear it’s an addiction. I see a new one and feel like I must have it. lol
    Honeygirlk recently blogged about L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints – Bold Lip Colors on a BudgetMy Profile

21. jbrobeck says:

I love how your eyeliners are down to little nubs! That’s how you know they are GOOD!
    jbrobeck recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Favorite Black EyelinersMy Profile

22. Eugenia says:

I love your picks! I need to try some of them though!!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Makeup Wars Black LinersMy Profile

23. I’m intrigued with your choices. I really need to find the Maybelline since I love liquid liner.
    MarciaF (beauty info zone) recently blogged about Coupons.com helps with the “pain” of Back to School (sweepstakes information too)My Profile

24. I still haven’t tried that weird Milani one yet, guess I need to!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Makeup Wars: Best Black EyelinersMy Profile

25. Sheila says:

I can’t get away from Zero either … it’s the booooooomb!
    Sheila recently blogged about My Very First Cult Nails OrderMy Profile

26. Justina says:

I’ve been wanting to try the Milani Eye Tech for a super long time!
    Justina recently blogged about Too Faced Natural Eyes Neutral Eye Palette ReviewMy Profile

27. Anastasia says:

Awesome roundup! Those Milani liners are simply amazing.
    Anastasia recently blogged about DermOrganic Skin Care ReviewMy Profile

28. Great suggestions. I haven’t tried Physician’s Formula. I should now.
    Kath TheFabZilla recently blogged about What I Wore :: Birthday OOTD and FOTDMy Profile

29. Out of all these I’ve only tried the Maybelline, which I do love. I need to try the others!
    Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries recently blogged about Natio – Renew Line & Wrinkle Gentle Toning Facial Cleanser ReviewMy Profile

30. Lynnette says:

My new favorite black liner is Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof. It doesn’t BUDGE. AT ALL.

31. Seriously how did I not know there was a cream version of UD Perversion?!
    Christa aka Perilously Pale recently blogged about The Best Black Eyeliners | Makeup WarsMy Profile

32. Totally fabulous! I agree- i feel more confident in a GREAT black eyeliner so I reach for it almost daily!
    Stepanie Louise recently blogged about Butter London Wink Cream Eyeshadows in Randy & Brassed Off Swatches + ReviewMy Profile

33. Retrodiva says:

So glad to see some Physicians Formula kohl love! Such a great product for the price.
    Retrodiva recently blogged about Makeup Wars: our top black eyeliner picksMy Profile

34. Kendra says:

I love the colorful ones though…they are so pretty.
    Kendra recently blogged about Ciate Beach House Collection- Swatches and ReviewMy Profile

35. Betzy Carmona says:

I was looking through my collection yesterday and I have like 2 black eyeliners, but then again I hardly reach for them

36. Lisa Heath says:

So many good choices here, and a few I haven’t tried! Love it!
    Lisa Heath recently blogged about InstaNatural Argan Oil Hair Treatment ReviewMy Profile

37. […] Clumps of Mascara – is in love with black eyeliners. Like…a lot. Here’s a list of some of her favorites. […]

38. […] Clumps of Mascara – is in love with black eyeliners. Like…a lot. Here’s a list of some of her favorites. […]

39. […] Clumps of Mascara – is in love with black eyeliners. Like…a lot. Here’s a list of some of her favorites. […]

40. […] Clumps of Mascara – is in love with black eyeliners. Like…a lot. Here’s a list of some of her favorites. […]

41. […] Clumps of Mascara – is in love with black eyeliners. Like…a lot. Here’s a list of some of her favorites. […]